• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers vs. Chicago White Sox 8/23-8/25

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice win... this offense is going good right now... I hope they can stay hot like this the rest of the stretch on into the playoffs.

Banner looks great!

...wait is that the old one? lol
because what I saw of yours were better...
guess I never noticed

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just liked Nellie, besides he's capabilities.

I'm kinda of a Homer.

:D

I am with you. He helped keep us a float in a number of games this year both offensively and even defensively.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OAK has a tough week coming up. Tilman, Gonzalez, Sanchez, Verlander, Fister, Schurzer. And then three games against the Rays. I bet they would be thrilled to go .500 against that situation. Rangers then get OAK for three games.

They'll do very well to go .500 in that stretch before they meet us and they still may wind up another 4 games or so down by the time we meet them again if Texas continues playing good baseball. At the end of the day, Texas' fate is in their own hands. If they continue to beat Oakland I would say the division is theirs.

Jbear

Ranger Days Ranger Nights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liked and voted for #3 but damn I liked #4 too, that is a hoot.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Banner looks great!

...wait is that the old one? lol
because what I saw of yours were better...
guess I never noticed

Yeah, I don't think I had ever really noticed until someone asked me about it. 1 is the original one and I didn't make it, I think Xx srs bsns xX did. Honestly, if I knew someone on here made the original, I probably wouldn't; have even done this. I feel sort of bad but I have put some work in on it, as I am sure he did. Anyway, Thanks. I took several suggestions from everyone... actually none of it was my idea.. I was just the medium.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liked and voted for #3 but damn I liked #4 too, that is a hoot.

Thanks for voting. Yeah, I am starting to think I should have just gone all out on the funny one.

Jbear

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll do very well to go .500 in that stretch before they meet us and they still may wind up another 4 games or so down by the time we meet them again if Texas continues playing good baseball. At the end of the day, Texas' fate is in their own hands. If they continue to beat Oakland I would say the division is theirs.
OAK could also fold like a cheap suit. Melvin shot his emotional wad the other day and the team responded with a 7-9 loss tonight. It may be a train wreck for them before they see the Rangers.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with you. He helped keep us a float in a number of games this year both offensively and even defensively.

Don't forget what nelly did for us in the 2011 ALCS. He can carry the team at times and would provide more protection for Beltre than AJ. The speedy and aggressive dynamic wouldn't change much with him as the dh. You've still got Martin, Elvis, Rios, Gentry, and to a lesser extent Ian. If nelly could possibly get game ready he could definitely help this team in October.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OAK could also fold like a cheap suit. Melvin shot his emotional wad the other day and the team responded with a 7-9 loss tonight. It may be a train wreck for them before they see the Rangers.

I really really hope so. Then Texas can focus on having the best record in the AL to secure hfa throughout the entire postseason.

Jbear

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget what nelly did for us in the 2011 ALCS. He can carry the team at times and would provide more protection for Beltre than AJ. The speedy and aggressive dynamic wouldn't change much with him as the dh. You've still got Martin, Elvis, Rios, Gentry, and to a lesser extent Ian. If nelly could possibly get game ready he could definitely help this team in October.
At least he is not injured. I am sure he is busting his butt to be ready for a return. He needs a good showing to bolster his contract value.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least he is not injured. I am sure he is busting his butt to be ready for a return. He needs a good showing to bolster his contract value.

Problem is, there's no substitute for getting to game speed any other way than facing live pitching.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy Soriano has been kind of meh for the nats. I love that JD seems to be the only gm who doesn't get fleeced by Boras.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really really hope so. Then Texas can focus on having the best record in the AL to secure hfa throughout the entire postseason.

Parker pitches for Oakland tomorrow night. That really is a must win because he has been their best pitcher lately. If they lose that could really start a tailspin.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't think I had ever really noticed until someone asked me about it. 1 is the original one and I didn't make it, I think Xx srs bsns xX did. Honestly, if I knew someone on here made the original, I probably wouldn't; have even done this. I feel sort of bad but I have put some work in on it, as I am sure he did. Anyway, Thanks. I took several suggestions from everyone... actually none of it was my idea.. I was just the medium.

I see, well I didn't mean any offense to xx-srs-xx at all, oops!
I'm just really partial to the original red one that came out of the black on the left

I thought there was some symbolism there

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parker pitches for Oakland tomorrow night. That really is a must win because he has been their best pitcher lately. If they lose that could really start a tailspin.

Go O's!

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From your keyboard to the baseball gods ears....

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy Soriano has been kind of meh for the nats. I love that JD seems to be the only gm who doesn't get fleeced by Boras.

Good thing the Nats had a big lead. KC sure has been choking away games lately. But Maxwell has turned out to be a good pick up for them.

WTXRangerFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is, there's no substitute for getting to game speed any other way than facing live pitching.

Heard he's hitting a baseball training facility, we will need him, and boy what an emotional lift he can give this team at just the right time. Admiral Nelson to have the back of 5 Star General Beltre. Team is sensing they are something special because everyone from the 'stros to the sox all are giving their all to take out a double pennant holder & WS team. It is making them smarter and stronger. wash was actually managing there after Kid Perez got into trouble.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard he's hitting a baseball training facility, we will need him, and boy what an emotional lift he can give this team at just the right time. Admiral Nelson to have the back of 5 Star General Beltre. Team is sensing they are something special because everyone from the 'stros to the sox all are giving their all to take out a double pennant holder & WS team. It is making them smarter and stronger. wash was actually managing there after Kid Perez got into trouble.

The team does seem to be playing their best ball at the right time, and pitchers going deeper into games would pay dividends for our bullpen in October. I just hope they don't peak too early, but I agree. You can see it on the player's faces that they're really starting to believe in this team and form their own identity.