• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Travel to Cleveland For Three Games August 23-25

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is in his 10th professional season. He started at the age of 17. Most guys like that never amount to much in the big leagues, but you never know when you are going to find an exception.

Cruz was considered a late bloomer, but he arrived in the big leagues in his 6th year and then excelled in his 8th year. He was 3 years older than Fabian when he started though.

Fabian has already been a minor league free agent twice.
Thanks. It was just interesting that his best ball is now at a higher level. Wasn't sure if he would be a player to have on the bench. Appreciate the information.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Church did have a good relief outing today for Round Rock. Owen White did as well. I believe that is 2 out of 3 for White. It would help matters if we had a good relief candidate or three knocking down the door. I guess, if we did, we would just trade them prematurely.
interested in seeing what Coleman brings

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed that Sandro Fabian has done his best work the last 2 years which are his only two years at the AAA level. Do we see him as someone who can help us down the road? I don't really know that much about him.
right now he is the best OF'er other than Harris we have in the minors. i would like to see him and Harris replace Grossman, Jankowski and Taveras and finish out the season with Langford and Garcia. and then maybe Ozuna nezt year at some point

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect us to go after a DH in the free agency market who can also platoon at 1B.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From The Prospect Times:

Abimelec Ortiz has been heating up at the plate the last couple of months.

July: .282/.370/.465/.835 with 3 HR, 8 RBI, 10 BB, 18 SO

August: .323/.436/.508/.944with 3 HR, 13 RBI, 12 BB, 17 SO.

He's got 11 HRs on the season. The RoughRiders are 10-1 in games he hits a homer in.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides Taveras, are there any position players that you want to replace with an upgrade?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides Taveras, are there any position players that you want to replace with an upgrade?
Assuming Carter takes over in CF when he returns no. I have complained enough already but we must acquire a strong bench not to include Taveras. Too many times we failed to score game winning runs that cost us. No MORE Ski Grossman or Taveras. May want to take a look at Fosque and Crim

Last edited:

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter (hopefully) coming back immediately upgrades CF. Other than that, I want to upgrade Lowe and Heim. If given the chance, I'd sign Vladdy Jr to upgrade at 1B, and at Catcher, the upgrade may come in the form of re-signing Carson Kelly or finally giving Huff a fair shot.
Also would hire a new hitting coach and upgrade the bench depth.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A healthy Jung, a healthy Carter, and a more experienced Langford will do a lot for our offense next year. I am torn on if we need to make a significant expenditure on our offense or not.

I am fine with replacing Lowe and Jonah with in house guys. I think we have more in house guys for 1B than catcher. I am not satisfied with either Kelly or Heim catching mote than 35-40 games next year. Either would make a fine backup.

Lowe probably needs to go, but we could do a lot worse at 1B. We could do better, too.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lowe HAS to go. Defensive liability and clogs the basebaths. Get a good athlete. Doesn’t have to have traditional 30 to 40 home run power. 15 to 20 homers with good defense who can move on the base paths with a decent average and decent arm.
Get a DH with power.
I’m ok with Heim and Garcia for one more year. Everyone has an off year so instead concentrate on 5th, 6th and 7th inning relief to go along with 2 Robertson types and one Yates type who ever those people turn out to be.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Carter doesn't have something that will continue to be a problem. Plus he has had such a short sample size in the majors that I hope he is able to get back to at least a 280 batting average. I don't see him doing what he did for us in 2023 on a continuing basis. But if he hits 280 I would be satisfied with that. I believe Langford has been just too good at any level that he will get things going next year. He needs to be on the OF and not on the bench as a DH.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lowe HAS to go. Defensive liability and clogs the basebaths. Get a good athlete. Doesn’t have to have traditional 30 to 40 home run power. 15 to 20 homers with good defense who can move on the base paths with a decent average and decent arm.
Get a DH with power.
I’m ok with Heim and Garcia for one more year. Everyone has an off year so instead concentrate on 5th, 6th and 7th inning relief to go along with 2 Robertson types and one Yates type who ever those people turn out to be.
Did Heim just have a bad year, or did he just have one good year?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are my conclusions.

I want Lowe to be traded and replaced in house.

I want CY to either tell Bochy that Huff is the starting catcher or trade Huff and bring in a better hitting catcher to play 120 games a year. Either way works for me.

I would be open to trading Adolis. I was very open to that idea a year ago. Don't give him away, but be open. Again, if Garcia is traded, CY would need to inform Bochy that Duran is going to start in RF, or sign a very good hitter for RF.

I have no problem with Taveras being a backup, and I have no problem trading him.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the Blue Jays and Red Sox scorecard with Danny Jansen showing up on both teams.

20240826_132833.jpg

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I want CY to either tell Bochy that Huff is the starting catcher or trade Huff and bring in a better hitting catcher to play 120 games a year. Either way works for me.

I would be open to trading Adolis. I was very open to that idea a year ago. Don't give him away, but be open. Again, if Garcia is traded, CY would need to inform Bochy that Duran is going to start in RF, or sign a very good hitter for RF.

I have no problem with Taveras being a backup, and I have no problem trading him.
I want Lowe gone because he has trouble with fastballs. 1B should be rbi and home run position.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and while CY is telling the manager who will play or not Josh Smith needs to start at least 140 games split between SS and 3B