• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Travel to Cleveland For Three Games August 23-25

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone expect us to spend on offense in the offseason?

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will cut Gray or anyone else some slack when they first come back from an injury.
I hear a lot on Twitter people wanting to move on from Gray but he is goood dept.
He is here just to fill out a rotation and give us needed innings and maybe pitch out of the pen come playoffs

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need starting pitching depth, but I would like it to be in the form of swing men like Urena and/or Martinez, or someone else like those two. We will have more upper level starting pitching depth than we have in a long time, so that will help in that area as well.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear a lot on Twitter people wanting to move on from Gray but he is goood dept.
He is here just to fill out a rotation and give us needed innings and maybe pitch out of the pen come playoffs
I hear Alonso but a zCF makes sense

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need starting pitching depth, but I would like it to be in the form of swing men like Urena and/or Martinez, or someone else like those two. We will have more upper level starting pitching depth than we have in a long time, so that will help in that area as well.
Yes but if we got Nate for the option without extra years then that is a good bridge

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I was his biggest critic when we signed him, but he definitely still has a role as a starter here. Now, if they decide next spring that Leiter and Rocker are both ready and think they can make a decent trade for Gray, then go for it. We still need him for now, though.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me I like Urena or Dunning as the long man and want to see Garabito more. Not sure of his pitch mix but wonder if he is underutilized

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but if we got Nate for the option without extra years then that is a good bridge
It is also a lot of money that cannot be spent on offense or the pen. With the budget there is a "take" for every "give."

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me I like Urena or Dunning as the long man and want to see Garabito more. Not sure of his pitch mix but wonder if he is underutilized
It may take a few more years of experience for Dane to handle that role. He hasn't done so well in that role this year.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Duran could make an Ian Desmond type mive to CF. Or, Smith.
I like Duran if RF but he is being wasted and underdeveloped more than any other player.
To me Adolis will need to DH

We have all September to audition Duran but Bochy and me are not on the same page. Lol

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike Gray, Dunning's bad games almost always aren't complete blowups (think 5+ runs given up). He's only had one appearance this year where he has allowed more than 4 runs.
Even last year he only had two appearances where he gave up more than 4 runs (5 runs and 9 runs a piece).
He has made it past 5 innings just twice and that were the 1st two games of the year. His ERA is at 5. I am not saying he couldn't be good as he did great out of the pen last year the first month of the year then he started after that and pitched really well for a couple of months then really had a number of bad games the remainder of the year. So he can do it and I agree with he is a good bottom of the rotation starter if he could pitch more like he was pitching last year.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the pen, I want at least one guy signed that is as good as Yates, and three that are in Robertson's category. Add those 4 to Sborz, and I think the 7th-9th is covered very adequately. Without those additions, I think the team will suffer even if we sign 2 more starting pitchers, instead.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Church did have a good relief outing today for Round Rock. Owen White did as well. I believe that is 2 out of 3 for White. It would help matters if we had a good relief candidate or three knocking down the door. I guess, if we did, we would just trade them prematurely.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foscue needs to be up here playing 4 or 5 games a week.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the pen, I want at least one guy signed that is as good as Yates, and three that are in Robertson's category. Add those 4 to Sborz, and I think the 7th-9th is covered very adequately. Without those additions, I think the team will suffer even if we sign 2 more starting pitchers, instead.
Well I like Yates and we have Sborz and Chafin. To me realistically we get 2 more relievers who are winning pieces besides Yates.
So if we get Nate for one year then fine. If not then he walks and we get another one year pitcher.
Isn’t Beullar likely to be on the msrket?.

And yes Foscue up in September with a lot of ABs.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed that Sandro Fabian has done his best work the last 2 years which are his only two years at the AAA level. Do we see him as someone who can help us down the road? I don't really know that much about him.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed that Sandro Fabian has done his best work the last 2 years which are his only two years at the AAA level. Do we see him as someone who can help us down the road? I don't really know that much about him.
He is in his 10th professional season. He started at the age of 17. Most guys like that never amount to much in the big leagues, but you never know when you are going to find an exception.

Cruz was considered a late bloomer, but he arrived in the big leagues in his 6th year and then excelled in his 8th year. He was 3 years older than Fabian when he started though.

Fabian has already been a minor league free agent twice.