• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Travel to Cleveland For Three Games August 23-25

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a starter this year, Cody Bradford has a 2.49 ERA over 47.0 innings pitched, an 0.85 WHIP, 42 strikeouts and an opponent batting average of .191.
Outside of the strikeout numbers, his performance is on par with deGrom pre-injury last year.
He's dominating in such a way that few Ranger's starting pitchers have in a long time.
.And there are still probably several Rangers fans that want them to sign enough starting pitching in the offseason to bump him from the rotation.

To me, he should be a starting pitcher to count on for several years.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should throw Leiter in the White Sox series. Worst offense in baseball maybe gets him some confidence.
I think that is the plan.

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Rangers going 13-18 from here on out. 73-89

It looks like the Nationals might catch us in the lottery standings. They are a game worse than us right now. I doubt any of the rest of the teams can catch up to us.
At this point I'm rooting for better draft positioning, and continuing to see positive development from key young players (chiefly what we're seeing out of Bradford, Leiter and Rocker).

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.And there are still probably several Rangers fans that want them to sign enough starting pitching in the offseason to bump him from the rotation.

To me, he should be a starting pitcher to count on for several years.
That should be the plan. He should be viewed as this team's #2 starter next year behind deGrom, IMO, assuming Eovaldi leaves.
He's too good. If not for the injury in April, most fans would be stoked about him being the best homegrown pitcher we've had in over a decade.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like deGrom, Eovaldi( if he sticks around), Mahle, and Bradford to be our 1-4 starters next season. Move Gray and Dunning to the pen or trade them. Leiter is our #5 with Rocker joining mid season.

Heaney likely signs elsewhere but I'd consider a reasonable 2 year deal for him.

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a starter this year, Cody Bradford has a 2.49 ERA over 47.0 innings pitched, an 0.85 WHIP, 42 strikeouts and an opponent batting average of .191.
Outside of the strikeout numbers, his performance is on par with deGrom pre-injury last year.
He's dominating in such a way that few Ranger's starting pitchers have in a long time.
Bradford's 2.49 ERA as a starter (over 47 innings) this season, if extrapolated over an entire season, would give him the best ERA in MLB among starting pitchers.
As would his 0.85 WHIP be the best in MLB. His .191 opponent batting average would be 4th in MLB, as well.

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like deGrom, Eovaldi( if he sticks around), Mahle, and Bradford to be our 1-4 starters next season. Move Gray and Dunning to the pen or trade them. Leiter is our #5 with Rocker joining mid season.

Heaney likely signs elsewhere but I'd consider a reasonable 2 year deal for him.
I'd prefer Eovaldi walk at this point. Not that he isn't great, but we need as much money going towards the offense and pen as possible.
Between deGrom, Bradford, Mahle, Leiter, Dunning, Gray, we have six viable SP already on the team without Eovaldi.
Not even accounting for Rocker, who is screaming through the minors.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like what he has been doing.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd prefer Eovaldi walk at this point. Not that he isn't great, but we need as much money going towards the offense and pen as possible.
Between deGrom, Bradford, Mahle, Leiter, Dunning, Gray, we have six viable SP already on the team without Eovaldi.
Not even accounting for Rocker, who is screaming through the minors.
Yeah, I have no problem with Gray being in the rotation next year. He is a very viable alternative for the bottom of the rotation. I still like Dunning as a starter as well.

We absolutely have to spend on at least 4 good bullpen pitchers. It doesn't matter who starts if we do not spend a lot of money on the pen.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I'm rooting for better draft positioning, and continuing to see positive development from key young players (chiefly what we're seeing out of Bradford, Leiter and Rocker).
I have had my eye on Rocker from the moment we drafted him. I really hope he pans out.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I have no problem with Gray being in the rotation next year. He is a very viable alternative for the bottom of the rotation. I still like Dunning as a starter as well.

We absolutely have to spend on at least 4 good bullpen pitchers. It doesn't matter who starts if we do not spend a lot of money on the pen.
Dunning and Gray are similar in that they can be like an extreme roller-coaster. They can be great one game and their next start is so bad you want to send them to the pen.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford is the best pitcher we have going right now. Going into next year I don't see anyone getting through the year with a better ERA than him, with the exception of deGrom. In spite of Bradford's injury this year, you would think we can depend on him for more really good starts than even deGrom, since Jacob has been so fragile over the last few years.

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunning and Gray are similar in that they can be like an extreme roller-coaster. They can be great one game and their next start is so bad you want to send them to the pen.
Unlike Gray, Dunning's bad games almost always aren't complete blowups (think 5+ runs given up). He's only had one appearance this year where he has allowed more than 4 runs.
Even last year he only had two appearances where he gave up more than 4 runs (5 runs and 9 runs a piece).

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford is the best pitcher we have going right now. Going into next year I don't see anyone getting through the year with a better ERA than him, with the exception of deGrom. In spite of Bradford's injury this year, you would think we can depend on him for more really good starts than even deGrom, since Jacob has been so fragile over the last few years.
I'm looking forward to a future playoff series where our top dogs are Rocker, Bradford and Leiter.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunning made it through a lot of last year in the top 10 in the league in ERA, so he has put together an extended run of good pitching. He hasn't been as good this year, but he has had more back amd forth with the rotation and the pen too. Maybe if he was allowed to settle into a starting role, he might look more like 2023 Dunning.

I wouldn't want to count on either him or Gray as our #2, but I have no problem with them lower down in the rotation. At least, I am fine with that if it means we can spend money elsewhere.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait to see how Rosario does in AA next year.

This time next year we may have concerns about how we are going to find room for Teodo, Rosario, Bratt, and Drake in 2026.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford seems to have a lot going for him between the ears. I hope he can be durable
But to me we need depth and Eovaldi helps. But would hate to overpay him with a longtern contract
There are a lot of innings to cover in a year.
Maybe we cut expenses not paying Lowe

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will cut Gray or anyone else some slack when they first come back from an injury.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford seems to have a lot going for him between the ears. I hope he can be durable
But to me we need depth and Eovaldi helps. But would hate to overpay him with a longtern contract
There are a lot of innings to cover in a year.
Maybe we cut expenses not paying Lowe
If they go after a starter it might have to be for the next Minor/Lynn/Gibson type.