• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks @ Carolina Panthers

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's partially due to the fact that Wilson doesn't mind throwing the ball away or taking the sack rather than trying to force a throw under pressure. So he doesn't throw a ton of picks as a result.

Yeah, when it comes to passing, Russell is very conservative with the ball. Which can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on the situation. That style of play will always lead to a suppressed INT rate.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts:

- There are no style points when it comes to the East Coast 10 AM games. Just win.

- Outside of 1 or 2 missed throws, Russell was awesome. That 4th down pass for a touchdown was the ultimate "NO NO NO... YES!" moment. I haven't seen a shot of the different routes, but I hate throwing deep in that scenario. Glad it worked.

- I'm starting to believe more and more that Baldwin is in jeopardy of being a cut casualty next year. They could add another receiver in the draft next year and be totally fine with Lockett and Moore stepping up this year. Lockett specifically has morphed into a complete receiver and can play anywhere - out wide, in the slot, in motion, etc.

- It's not really part of Schotty's gameplanning DNA, but I don't get why we can't utilize more of the bells and whistles Carolina does with CMC. I think it would be a good way to get Penny more involved in the gameplan too. I'm not a huge fan of the run-first mentality, but even just mixing in a few of those and nothing else would make this offense more dangerous.

- Speaking of McCaffrey, good lord that was a pathetic defensive showing. Without KJ and Kendricks the Seahawks are really weak at LB. Bobby can only do so much.

- Also was unimpressed with the DL. IMO this is the number one area that needs to be addressed in the draft. Clark is obviously an impact player, but if he's not getting pressure on the QB, he's not offering much else. The rest of the DL is all replaceable, IMO.

- That last point notwithstanding, huge play by Clark to get pressure on Newton to force the throw and a big tackle by Flowers.

Those who predicted 10-6 are looking solid right now. I still think this team is a year off with the lackluster defense, but even getting into the playoffs this year would be a great accomplishment.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts:

- There are no style points when it comes to the East Coast 10 AM games. Just win.

- Outside of 1 or 2 missed throws, Russell was awesome. That 4th down pass for a touchdown was the ultimate "NO NO NO... YES!" moment. I haven't seen a shot of the different routes, but I hate throwing deep in that scenario. Glad it worked.

- I'm starting to believe more and more that Baldwin is in jeopardy of being a cut casualty next year. They could add another receiver in the draft next year and be totally fine with Lockett and Moore stepping up this year. Lockett specifically has morphed into a complete receiver and can play anywhere - out wide, in the slot, in motion, etc.

- It's not really part of Schotty's gameplanning DNA, but I don't get why we can't utilize more of the bells and whistles Carolina does with CMC. I think it would be a good way to get Penny more involved in the gameplan too. I'm not a huge fan of the run-first mentality, but even just mixing in a few of those and nothing else would make this offense more dangerous.

- Speaking of McCaffrey, good lord that was a pathetic defensive showing. Without KJ and Kendricks the Seahawks are really weak at LB. Bobby can only do so much.

- Also was unimpressed with the DL. IMO this is the number one area that needs to be addressed in the draft. Clark is obviously an impact player, but if he's not getting pressure on the QB, he's not offering much else. The rest of the DL is all replaceable, IMO.

- That last point notwithstanding, huge play by Clark to get pressure on Newton to force the throw and a big tackle by Flowers.

Those who predicted 10-6 are looking solid right now. I still think this team is a year off with the lackluster defense, but even getting into the playoffs this year would be a great accomplishment.
We are pretty much in step with each other here. I had the same sort of "what's Baldwin's place on this team?" sort of comment after the game. The run D has been shoddy lately, but I do expect it to get better once you put Kendricks and hopefully KJ back on the field. I want to believe (maybe for my own peace of mind) that maybe we were so "worried" about Cam running that it helped McCaffrey rip off those big gains. But speaking of the big gains, how about those wheels on Griffin to hawk him down on what probably should have been a TD? He was flying.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But speaking of the big gains, how about those wheels on Griffin to hawk him down on what probably should have been a TD?

Panthers still ended up with the score but that was some serious wheels. McCaffrey is really fast and Griffin took the perfect angle and just out ran him. It was impressive.

Honestly, this secondary shows glimpses of being solid. McDougald made a great play on the end zone pick and Flowers made a huge open field shoelace tackle to save a first down and maybe a lot more on Carolina's last drive. That tackle made the FG attempt tough and it paid off.

I know this defense is young and a far cry from the LOB but let's face it, the re-tooling is looking pretty damn good, all things considered. Yeah, some key pieces needed including getting K.J. healthy but we should all be optimistic.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts:

Lockett was Wide open on a crossing route just 7 yards down field. Closes guy to him was like 5 yards behind lol. Had Russell not hit that TD and people saw how open Lockett was for a much easier completion and First down i think this place would have exploded.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lockett was Wide open on a crossing route just 7 yards down field. Closes guy to him was like 5 yards behind lol. Had Russell not hit that TD and people saw how open Lockett was for a much easier completion and First down i think this place would have exploded.

People would be firing up the fire Pete Carroll threads if that play didn't work