• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers welcome the Pale Hose from the South Side for a weekend set: 9/17-19

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of what Daniels said is what we have said all season.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arihara DFAed.

Not surprising at all.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arihara DFAed.

Not surprising at all.
So there is going to be a corresponding move me thinks. Also no one will claim him and I don’t think he can elect free agency so he becomes a very expensive minor leaguer

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As thought

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So there is going to be a corresponding move me thinks. Also no one will claim him and I don’t think he can elect free agency so he becomes a very expensive minor leaguer
we pay him no matter what. if some team does claim him they only pay a small amount of his contract we pay the rest.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guess this answers my question

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bout time those rascals listened to us
him saying the same things and actually following thru with it are 2 different things. over the years he has pretty much said the same things and then sign low level FA's by underbidding on the few top FA's we have been associated with. yes occasionally we even have lucked out a few times but most are lower level rated FA's that are roster fillers

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arihara = Sunk Cost

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
him saying the same things and actually following thru with it are 2 different things. over the years he has pretty much said the same things and then sign low level FA's by underbidding on the few top FA's we have been associated with. yes occasionally we even have lucked out a few times but most are lower level rated FA's that are roster fillers
I don’t remember Daniels ever being this straight forward. He usually says things like “we’re definitely going to look at all options to improve our roster.”
And sometimes even straight up stating they won’t be big players.

They’re definitely going to make a run at some free agents. They have to.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they can’t keep saying things like this and not produce results.
Says they want to add two proven veteran types to the top of the rotation and looking at anyone at any position.
Wonder what they do.
Should be a very fun off-season.
I thoroughly enjoy the off season lol

I think they’ll go after one of the SS guys, 2 SP, a C and an OF.
Probably sign a few and trade for one or 2.
My guess would be trading for a C and one SP and signing one SP, SS and OF.

What JD actually said:

"We've started the process, but we haven't fully gotten into how exactly we're going to attack this offseason's free agency," Daniels explained. "And this is not just a one-year thing. We're looking to build for an extended period of time. We expect to add to the roster this offseason. By design, we're not looking to do all of it at once either."'

What Chris Halicke said(which I hope is not what they do):

"Another position you could see the Rangers attack this winter is the starting rotation. ...However, the Rangers will still need at least one or two veterans to come in and provide innings for a very young pitching staff."

One arm is fine, but with the skillset of our current prospects on the whole, we do not need two. We don't have to have any in 2022 actually.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t remember Daniels ever being this straight forward. He usually says things like “we’re definitely going to look at all options to improve our roster.”

it is not the run at FA's that i question it is the value of the FA's that he has and will consider. he announced we were going to be active one year and the 1, repeat 1, FA we supposedly pursued was Rondon and i was never convinced that the team was really interested in him and that was it. we ended up signing a few low level FA's that weren't even in the top 30 FA's of the off season. yeah once in a while we have got lucky but most were exactly what the rest of the league thought which was bench fodder.

to me making a run is being in on at least 3-5 top 25 FA's and competing for them hoping to get at least 3 of them and i won't believe he's serious until i actually see it.

Reactions: DTC

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he has always been very straightforward, actually. Four or five years ago several guys on here, who are no longer on here, ridiculed me for believing that JD was telling the truth about not spending in free agency. Somehow, some of them did the same the next year when I believed him. Both years he did exactly what he said.. I can't remember when he came out and lied to us about their plans. Sometimes he doesn't accomplish what he plans on doing, but he has been very straightforward with us over the last few years.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he has always been very straightforward, actually. Four or five years ago several guys on here, who are no longer on here, ridiculed me for believing that JD was telling the truth about not spending in free agency. Somehow, some of them did the same the next year when I believed him. Both years he did exactly what he said.. I can't remember when he came out and lied to us about their plans. Sometimes he doesn't accomplish what he plans on doing, but he has been very straightforward with us over the last few years.
the year all the press was about how JD and the Rangers were going to be active and Rondon was the centerpiece of our off-season plan what was the rest of the plan?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if some team that would not be able to claim Arihara on waivers will work out a deal where we pay the majority of next year's salary.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree
He usually says their approach.
That’s why I’m so excited about this off-season
I’m sure they’ll have an off the wall trade that’s totally unexpected.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree
and cost us how many of our top prospects?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree
I hope it is better than the Lowe trade.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and cost us how many of our top prospects?
I want a legit catching prospect that’s close. There are a lot of teams that have a mlb all star catcher already with a guy in the minors almost ready. I would focus on that.
We have almost too much depth in some spots and low depth in others. I would work to even that out.