• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Labor Day weekend finds the Rangers in Anaheim: TEX v LAA 9/3-5

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year is another rebuilding year. We should see what we have in our young players as long as we don't bring them up too early. We certainly have 5 young starting pitchers who have proven this year that it isn't too early for them to be up here. Those guys should be able to show what they have next year, not because they are all locks to be solid rotation members for several years, but because we need to see if any of them can be.
Agree and can hardly wait to see Huff and Jung
Which 5 starters do you have ahead of him right now?
I don't but 2 starts is not enough at this point. More is needed to know about him before rating him.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me April of 2022 is nothing special. It is the next baseball month after this one. It is the next month of the rebuilding process after this one. If a guy is qualified to be playing here in September then he should probably be here in the month after this one.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we had to jettison all of the guys below, it would not hamper our long term goal of being a serious contender in 2 or 3 years. I wouldn't mind holding on to some of them, especially Guzman, but we wouldn't be hurt long term if we cut or traded every one of them. The tough decisions will come in deciding which few to keep. There is a good chance that almost every one of them will be cut or traded within a year and a half. Of course, some could be resigned.

Anderson
Arihara
Benjamin
Burke
Bush
Cotton
Folty
Lyles
Patton
Santana
Sborz
Wood
Yang
Culbertson
Guzman
Holt
Tejeda
Martin
White
okay here's my list:

Free Agents(don't re-sign): (6) (reduces 40-man from 49 to 44)

Jordan Lyles
Mike Foltynewicz
Brock Holt
Charlie Culberson
Hyeon-Jong Yang
Spencer Patton

DFA: (6) (reduces 40-man from 44 to 39)

Drew Anderson
Matt Bush
Jharel Cotton
Dennis Santana
Josh Sborz
Brock Burke

Trade or DFA (which ever works): (9 or 10) (reduces 40-man from 39 to either 31 or 30)

Demarcus Evans
Jonathan Hernandez
Jose Leclerc
Jose Trevino
Sherten Apostel
Ronald Guzman
Isiah Kiner Falefa
Willie Calhoun
Hunter Wood
(possibly if the offer is right) Nathaniel Lowe

promote to 40: (6) raise 40-man to 37 or 38

Ricky Vanasco
Ezequiel Duran
Bubba Thompson
Steele Walker
Cole Ragans
Jake Latz

sign FA's: raise 40-man to 39 or 40

Noah Syndergaard
Trevor Story
(Freddy Freeman or Mark Canha)

Reactions: DTC

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree and can hardly wait to see Huff and Jung

I don't but 2 starts is not enough at this point. More is needed to know about him before rating him.
Huff may not be here at all next year.

Me saying Alexy should be here is not just based on the last two starts. I thought he should be starting up here, very soon, before these two starts.

He has progressed very smoothly all through our system since he was acquired. He had an ERA of 1.67 in AA and AAA combined. When guys do that they should be brought up to see what they can do up here unless we are in a pennant race and have 5 better pitchers.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not really about who's "ahead" of him.

Alexy's spot in the 2022 rotation is his to lose. But he could lose it.
That should be the case for everyone. It even happened to Odor, so it can happen to anyone.

At this point it needs to be about who is ahead of him because we only have so many spots.

The best 5 young guys who are ready for big league action should be in our rotation. Now, if they go out and surprise everyone by acquiring an ace then it becomes the 4 best young guys.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one should be guaranteed a starting spot for the next 7 months of baseball. Not Lowe, not Garcia, not IKF, not Arihara, not Yonny, not Dunning, not Allard, not Barlow, not Jung, not Winn, not Hearn, not Peters, not Otto, and not Alexy. No one. They are all in the same boat.

That being said, we need to have long leashes with them unless they have a replacement ready.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That should be the case for everyone. It even happened to Odor, so it can happen to anyone.

At this point it needs to be about who is ahead of him because we only have so many spots.

The best 5 young guys who are ready for big league action should be in our rotation. Now, if they go out and surprise everyone by acquiring an ace then it becomes the 4 best young guys.

Yes, but we still have a few weeks left and then 2022 Spring Training to sort all this out.

Obviously Alexy is at the top of the list right now, and barring a meltdown (or a trade), he'll start 2022 in the rotation.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but we still have a few weeks left and then 2022 Spring Training to sort all this out.

Obviously Alexy is at the top of the list right now, and barring a meltdown (or a trade), he'll start 2022 in the rotation.
Does ST really tell us much of anything?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just say, I feel better about Alexy being in the rotation longer next year than anyone else we have on the 40 man right now. I have felt that way for a few weeks now.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just say, I feel better about Alexy being in the rotation longer next year than anyone else we have on the 40 man right now. I have felt that way for a few weeks now.

No one is shitting on Alexy here. It's great to see him excel, and everyone wants him to continue.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as 2 starts
What about a season's worth of starts? The kid didn't appear out of nowhere a week ago. He has pitched for us all year. Give me upper level minor league starts and 2 big league starts over ST starts to judge a pitcher any time.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, in a general sense. It's not always an accurate barometer, but occasionally player stocks can rise or fall.
I disagree then. I have seen too many good players struggle in ST and too many ST MVPs struggle mightily once the season starts.

They can tell you if a guy is hurt. They can tell if he has worked on improving something specific over the winter. It is a bad place to make decisions that contradict regular season play though.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel great about going into 2022 with a rotation featuring (in no particular order) Hearn, Dunning, Allard, and Alexy. I don't see anyone supplanting them between now and then. Gives me some strong 2011 potential vibes. No typical ace/TORP types, just a bunch of dudes who give you quality starts and keep the team in games.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree then. I have seen too many good players struggle in ST and too many ST MVPs struggle mightily once the season starts.

Like I said, it's not always an accurate barometer, but there are players who can make a mark for themselves.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is shitting on Alexy here. It's great to see him excel, and everyone wants him to continue.
The disagreement is not over him. I think we are disagreeing over semantics and specifically when we can say in our minds who should be on the team when 2022 starts.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel great about going into 2022 with a rotation featuring (in no particular order) Hearn, Dunning, Allard, and Alexy. I don't see anyone supplanting them between now and then. Gives me some strong 2011 potential vibes. No typical ace/TORP types, just a bunch of dudes who give you quality starts and keep the team in games.
I like Glenn Otto as well