• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft slot race comes down to The Wire as the Rangers head to Baltimore: 9/23-26

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could they sign 1 SP, 2 OF, 1 SS and then Trade for a C and a SP
It’s only 6 additions. Not too much IMO with an almost blank slate payroll and plenty of holes.
2 pitchers and 4 position players. It doesn’t seem that daunting to me.

I think the team could easily become very very competitive if we got Trevor Story/Carlos Correa, Castellanos/Schwarber/Canha/Marte and Marcus Stroman.(a variation of this sort..can’t just cherry pick them I know.)
With the additions we would find it easier to trade for a catcher like MJ Melendez or Tyler Stephenson or Joey Bart and then trade IKF, Henriquez/Y Rodriguez & Calhoun to the Astros for Cristian Javier or Athletics for Frankie Montas or the Marlins for Sandy Alcantara.

I believe we have a decent supporting cast, plenty of depth and some very nice prospects knocking on the door. Let’s acquire some legit leaders on offense and pitching and then let our prospects duke it out for the rest of of the spots, the way it should be.

1. Stroman/Syndergaard (or the likes-FA)
2. Alcantara/Montas/Javier(or the likes-trade)
3. Dunning
4. Hearn
5. Alexy
6. Otto
Winn, Allard, King etc

C-Melendez/Stephenson/Bart
1B-Lowe
2B-Ibanez/Solak
3B-Jung/Ibanez
SS-Story/Correa
LF-Schwarber
CF-Garcia/DJ Peters/Taveras
RF-Garcia/DJ Peters
DH-Casteallnos
Bench-
Heim or Trevino-C-once Huff is ready trade or DFA.
Yonny-IF
Ibanez/Solak-IF
Taveras-CF-OF

I would split Garcia, DJ and Taveras in CF and RF. Trying to give Garcia the most playing time with Taveras and Peters Platooning. Peters in RF VS RHP and Leody in CF vs LHP. (Seems weird but the #s are there)

I think Story and Correa will be about $25-$27 mil a year with Correa getting an additional 2-3 years with an extra $50-$75 million by default.

I think stroman gets $23 a year for 4 years

I think Castellanos gets $18 a year for 4 years

I think Schwarber gets $18 a year for 4 years

That would be $84 million combined. If I’m off and it ends up being $3 million more per player then then that’s $96 million combined.

That puts payroll at $137 million to $149 million. Not bad at all..
We had a $160-$180 million payroll from 2013-2018- 6 years.
That still leaves $31-43 million left over just to hit previous highs. With the DFW metro growing 20% in population over the last 8 years and inflation I think they can comfortably go up to $190-200 million if they’re winning.

Starting in 2023 they have virtually no one signed. So the payroll would actually drop a decent amount. With Andrus, Odor and Leclerc finally falling off. Arbitration will go up a little and offset it just a bit but then we should have some prospects coming up and trading away slightly older players or DFA them.

The team looks primed and ready to dive head first.

This plan allows playing time for Jung, Solak, Ibanez, DJ, Taveras and our young pitchers. It also allows us to pick from the best and make them compete for their spots.

Last edited:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s only 6 additions. Not too much IMO with an almost blank slate payroll and plenty of holes.

I think the team could easily become very very competitive if we got Trevor Story/Carlos Correa, Castellanos/Schwarber/Canha/Marte and Marcus Stroman.(a variation of this sort..can’t just cherry pick them I know.)
With the additions we would find it easier to trade for a catcher like MJ Melendez or Tyler Stephenson or Joey Bart and then trade IKF, Henriquez/Y Rodriguez & Calhoun to the Astros for Cristian Javier or Athletics for Frankie Montas or the Marlins for Sandy Alcantara.

I believe we have a decent supporting cast, plenty of depth and some very nice prospects knocking on the door. Let’s acquire some legit leaders on offense and pitching and then let our prospects duke it out for the rest of of the spots, the way it should be.

3. Dunning
4. Hearn
5. Alexy
6. Otto
Winn, Allard, King etc

1B-Lowe
2B-Ibanez/Solak
3B-Jung/Ibanez
SS-Story/Correa
LF-Schwarber
RF-Garcia/DJ Peters
DH-Casteallnos
Bench-
Yonny-IF
Ibanez/Solak-IF
Taveras-CF-OF

I would split Garcia, DJ and Taveras in CF and RF. Trying to give Garcia the most playing time with Taveras and Peters Platooning. Peters in RF VS RHP and Leody in CF vs LHP. (Seems weird but the #s are there)

I think Story and Correa will be about $25-$27 mil a year with Correa getting an additional 2-3 years with an extra $50-$75 million by default.

That would be $84 million combined. If I’m off and it ends up being $3 million more per player then then that’s $96 million combined.

That still leaves $31-43 million left over just to hit previous highs. With the DFW metro growing 20% in population over the last 8 years and inflation I think they can comfortably go up to $190-200 million if they’re winning.

Starting in 2023 they have virtually no one signed. So the payroll would actually drop a decent amount. With Andrus, Odor and Leclerc finally falling off. Arbitration will go up a little and offset it just a bit but then we should have some prospects coming up and trading away slightly older players or DFA them.

This plan allows playing time for Jung, Solak, Ibanez, DJ, Taveras and our young pitchers. It also allows us to pick from the best and make them compete for their spots.
No

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3. Dunning
4. Hearn
5. Alexy
6. Otto
Winn, Allard, King etc

1B-Lowe
2B-Ibanez/Solak
3B-Jung/Ibanez
SS-Story/Correa
LF-Schwarber
RF-Garcia/DJ Peters
DH-Casteallnos
Bench-
Yonny-IF
Ibanez/Solak-IF
Taveras-CF-OF

No

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3. Dunning
4. Hearn
5. Alexy
6. Otto
Winn, Allard, King etc

1B-Lowe
2B-Ibanez/Solak
3B-Jung/Ibanez
SS-Story/Correa
LF-Schwarber
RF-Garcia/DJ Peters
DH-Casteallnos
Bench-
Yonny-IF
Ibanez/Solak-IF
Taveras-CF-OF

You're hired!
Sincerely, JD

• Haha
Reactions: DTC

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3. Dunning
4. Hearn
5. Alexy
6. Otto
Winn, Allard, King etc

1B-Lowe
2B-Ibanez/Solak
3B-Jung/Ibanez
SS-Story/Correa
LF-Schwarber
RF-Garcia/DJ Peters
DH-Casteallnos
Bench-
Yonny-IF
Ibanez/Solak-IF
Taveras-CF-OF

Well I don’t see any plan for our kids to get on the team. It seems to handicap them