• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers play Kyle Seager for the millionth time this season: TEX v SEA Aug 17-19

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More AL West fun begins tonight at the Grill as the M's come in for a 3 game set. Your standard night/night/day series. There's some confusion about the rotation of horsehide tossers; the Rangers website has Howard/Folty/Dunning, but Evan Grant tweeted that Hearn will go tonight and Howard gets the call Thursday. Your ol' pal Ephland says it probably doesn't matter much either way.

The Rangers come into this series having lost ground to the Pirates in the draft order, and currently sit 4th behind ARI, BAL, and the aforementioned PIT. The O's are riding a 12 game losing streak and could easily overtake the D-Bags soon. The Cubs are also on a 12 game losing streak, and I would not be surprised to see them sneak into this race.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man if we somehow get 5 or 6 overall I would be so disappointed. I remember Tim Bogars winning ways supposedly cost us Alex Bergman.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man if we somehow get 5 or 6 overall I would be so disappointed. I remember Tim Bogars winning ways supposedly cost us Alex Bergman.
I get your point but young players have a built-in spirit to win as they should. Same applies to any professional and I don't want any player that tries not to win.

I won't care if we end up in the cellar as long as we give it our best. The way we are going we have a good shot at 3. Tough schedule coming up.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What if getting to 5 or 6 ends up getting us the top player from the draft?

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get your point but young players have a built-in spirit to win as they should. Same applies to any professional and I don't want any player that tries not to win.

I won't care if we end up in the cellar as long as we give it our best. The way we are going we have a good shot at 3. Tough schedule coming up.

From what I've seen, the current projected top 5 picks for next year are all really solid. Obviously things will change, but a top 5 pick next year will help the rebuild regardless.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would really like to draft no worse than 3 and even better would be great. Even if there are 5 or 6 really good picks, getting a 2 or 3 pick could be a difference maker down the line. We all know how close of a difference there is between winning a WS and losing one.

My goal is not simply to be a lot better in 3 years, my goal is to build a championship team. If we have to lose every game between now and the rest of the season to get a better pick it wouldn't bother me one bit, because I know the players would still be putting in their best effort.

At least there won't be a Dillon Tate vs. Bergman kind of a difference this time.

Last edited:

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would really like to draft no worse than 3 and even better would be great. Even if there are 5 or 6 really good picks, getting a 2 or 3 pick could be a difference maker down the line. We all know how close of a difference there is between winning a WS and losing one.

My goal is not simply to be a lot better in 3 years, my goal is to build a championship team. If we have to lose every game between now and the rest of the season to get a better pick it wouldn't bother me one bit, because I know the players would still be putting in their best effort.

At least there won't be a Dillon Tate vs. Bergman kind of a difference this time.

I get this, but the draft is such a crapshoot. Haven't done the legwork on this, but I'm willing to bet if you look back on a draft after 5-10 years have passed, the best player from the draft is rarely the top 1-3 pick. It comes down to scouting, development, and intangibles. Obviously the higher the pick, the higher pool of players you get to draw from.

I guess what I'm saying is, not having a top 3 pick shouldn't be considered missing out on a championship piece.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get this, but the draft is such a crapshoot. Haven't done the legwork on this, but I'm willing to bet if you look back on a draft after 5-10 years have passed, the best player from the draft is rarely the top 1-3 pick. It comes down to scouting, development, and intangibles. Obviously the higher the pick, the higher pool of players you get to draw from.

I guess what I'm saying is, not having a top 3 pick shouldn't be considered missing out on a championship piece.
I would have hated losing out on Leiter or Davis this year. It was a terrible thing to miss out on Bergman back a few years ago. I just know that the last two times we have drafted high it did make a difference. Of course, there's no guarantee that that will be the case next summer.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have hated losing out on Leiter or Davis this year. It was a terrible thing to miss out on Bergman back a few years ago. I just know that the last two times we have drafted high it did make a difference. Of course, there's no guarantee that that will be the case next summer.

I agree, but at the end of the day there's only so much the team can do.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you play to win as a player but now that we are in a rebuild, we should be playing guys who are in our future. So by September 1 we should let some of the bets go completely like Culbertson and Holt. Be a bit more broad on who pitches. Not necessarily pinch hit or worry about lefty righty situations. Let everyone learn from adversity

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you play to win as a player but now that we are in a rebuild, we should be playing guys who are in our future. So by September 1 we should let some of the bets go completely like Culbertson and Holt. Be a bit more broad on who pitches. Not necessarily pinch hit or worry about lefty righty situations. Let everyone learn from adversity
As long as players do their best no problem. It is all about finding out what we have.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as players do their best no problem. It is all about finding out what we have.

Speaking of finding out what we have:

Line A: 13 games, .089 BA (4/45), 2 2B, 1 RBI, 15K, 2 BB, 0 SB
Line B: 12 games, .302 BA (13/43), 1 2B, 1 HR, 3 RBI, 4K, 3 BB, 3 SB

A is Terry. B is Yonny + Pozo.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Things are not always the way they seem. Same for draft positions. No one knows for sure what round the best pick will be. Time will tell. I believe Trout will bare this out.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

too short a time period

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but at the end of the day there's only so much the team can do.
No, I am not going to blame the team even if we have to draft 8th. As a fan, I will be disappointed if we don't pick in the top 4 and I will be ecstatic if we pick in the top 2. I won't be disappointed in the team, but in how things worked out. If we could just get the Orioles to pull out of their tailspin and get them and the Pirates to win a few more games, everything will be great.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the three youngsters go, I think Pozo has the best chance of playing a significant role on the team if we are able to make it back to the WS in a 3 or 4 years. Yonny could be a backup on that team, I guess. I could see Pozo being a DH and third catcher. We shall see.