• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The reigning champs arrive at the Grill for a weekend set: ATL @ TEX 4/29-5/1

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kole, Garver and Miller are all short time plug-ins here, especially Kole.

I think Kole's leadership role is being way overhyped here.

Trevino was a leader. IKF was a leader. Leaders get traded or released all the time. You get one who is a great player then they stick around, ala Beltre.

Reactions: DTC

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kole, Garver and Miller are all short time plug-ins here, especially Kole.

I think Kole's leadership role is being way overhyped here.

Trevino was a leader. IKF was a leader. Leaders get traded or released all the time. You get one who is a great player then they stick around, ala Beltre.
Garver will be here thru at least 2023 and possibly longer. Miller and Kole will be gone next year

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@DTC Did you see Melendez has been called up?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always thought Taveras was overrated, but then again I have never seen him hit like he has lately. The way I felt about him reminds me of how I felt about two other prospects. For awhile I never understood the Lewis Brinson hype and then I got sucked in and changed my mind about him. I felt the same way about Martin Perez coming up. Then when he pitched so well in 2014 I changed my mind. He quickly got hurt as soon as I changed my mind and was never the same since. So, I think I will stay on the side of Taveras being overrated and stick with my original assessment. I have changed my mind twice before and was wrong both times.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2024 Lineup and Bench

C. ???(Huff, trade acquisition, or Garver extended)
1B Crim
2B Semien
3B. Jung
SS. Seagar
LF. Harris
CF Smith
RF. Foscue
DH. FA (or one of the guys listed as bench players with Solak taking their spot on the bench)

Bench

Wendzel
Ibanez
Duran
Trevino
Other than Trevino, I still like this as our potential future. I seriously doubt Garver gets extended though. I sure hope Adolis forces his way into the picture.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than Trevino, I still like this as our potential future. I seriously doubt Garver gets extended though. I sure hope Adolis forces his way into the picture.
Huff maybe a good DH.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garver will be here thru at least 2023 and possibly longer. Miller and Kole will be gone next year
Does not Miller have a 2 year contract?

I fully expect LF and DH to be filled within organization. Would hope Adolis keeps it going and slides it over to RF. He has the speed for CF but it has looked difficult in some of his routes

That leaves open CF. Would love to fill within but we really need a guy there who can lead off. Maybe Josh Smith surprises and is more than a platoon as Tepid conjectures. He alleys looks a little small to me but he has HR pop not sure of his arm or if he can climb the wall. We need to get CF right

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Weird angle on wall utilizing By our former 2B

Odor heating up. HR yesterday

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@DTC Did you see Melendez has been called up?

Yeah I saw that lol
Wonder how he pans out.
Foscue is doing pretty darn good for us so far this year

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does not Miller have a 2 year contract? YES BUT 2ND YEAR IS AT $4m SO RELEASE HIM

I fully expect LF and DH to be filled within organization. Would hope Adolis keeps it going and slides it over to RF. He has the speed for CF but it has looked difficult in some of his routes. I THINK WE SEE GARVER MAINLY AT DH. RATHER SEE ADOLIS IN RF TO KEEP THE INJURY POSSIBILITIES. WE COULD USE TAVERAS OR THOMPSON IN CF

That leaves open CF. Would love to fill within but we really need a guy there who can lead off. Maybe Josh Smith surprises and is more than a platoon as Tepid conjectures. He alleys looks a little small to me but he has HR pop not sure of his arm or if he can climb the wall. We need to get CF right

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is from Kennedi Landry

On Sunday, the Rangers optioned Calhoun to Triple-A Round Rock, sending him to the Minors for the first time since 2019. The outfielder confirmed in a phone interview with MLB.com that he would welcome a trade from the organization if they no longer see him as part of the future.

He told a group that included general manager Chris Young, president of baseball operations Jon Daniels, manager Chris Woodward and bench coach Donnie Ecker as much.

“I respectfully did,” Calhoun said of the trade request. “I just respectfully asked them like, ‘If I’m not part of the future here with this team, is there any way that we can work out a trade or anything?’ I didn't do it in a disrespectful way, but I'm just looking out for myself. I’m 27, it’s not like I’m 22 with all this time to develop anymore.

“I wish it was a little bit different, but this industry is performance based. I understand that. The Rangers have done a lot for me, so I do get it. I 100% get it.”

Woodward noted after Sunday's game that Calhoun wasn't the only Rangers hitter the staff felt was underperforming, but he was the one with multiple Minor League options remaining.

Calhoun added that he feels like he’s doing all the little things well, but the hits just aren’t falling.

“It's not even that I don't believe in the philosophy, it's just more so that I felt like I was fighting an uphill battle right away,” Calhoun said. “I didn't know my leash was going to be that short. I feel like that's kind of quick to pull the plug on such a short amount of time [44 at-bats]. ... At the end of the day, it’s self-inflicted. I need to perform better. They gave me opportunities to do that. The results just weren't there.”

“I'm not gonna go down there with a bad attitude,” Calhoun said. “I'm gonna only be very positive about everything I do. I'm gonna make sure that I go down there and work my tail off, no matter if I'm in High-A, or Triple-A or the big leagues. I'm gonna make sure I get down there and work on the things I have to work on and get back to doing what I know I can do. I know what I'm capable of offensively. I know what's in there. It's just unfortunate that it hasn't really happened with the Rangers.”

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is from Kennedi Landry

On Sunday, the Rangers optioned Calhoun to Triple-A Round Rock, sending him to the Minors for the first time since 2019. The outfielder confirmed in a phone interview with MLB.com that he would welcome a trade from the organization if they no longer see him as part of the future.

He told a group that included general manager Chris Young, president of baseball operations Jon Daniels, manager Chris Woodward and bench coach Donnie Ecker as much.

“I respectfully did,” Calhoun said of the trade request. “I just respectfully asked them like, ‘If I’m not part of the future here with this team, is there any way that we can work out a trade or anything?’ I didn't do it in a disrespectful way, but I'm just looking out for myself. I’m 27, it’s not like I’m 22 with all this time to develop anymore.

“I wish it was a little bit different, but this industry is performance based. I understand that. The Rangers have done a lot for me, so I do get it. I 100% get it.”

Woodward noted after Sunday's game that Calhoun wasn't the only Rangers hitter the staff felt was underperforming, but he was the one with multiple Minor League options remaining.

Calhoun added that he feels like he’s doing all the little things well, but the hits just aren’t falling.

“It's not even that I don't believe in the philosophy, it's just more so that I felt like I was fighting an uphill battle right away,” Calhoun said. “I didn't know my leash was going to be that short. I feel like that's kind of quick to pull the plug on such a short amount of time [44 at-bats]. ... At the end of the day, it’s self-inflicted. I need to perform better. They gave me opportunities to do that. The results just weren't there.”

“I'm not gonna go down there with a bad attitude,” Calhoun said. “I'm gonna only be very positive about everything I do. I'm gonna make sure that I go down there and work my tail off, no matter if I'm in High-A, or Triple-A or the big leagues. I'm gonna make sure I get down there and work on the things I have to work on and get back to doing what I know I can do. I know what I'm capable of offensively. I know what's in there. It's just unfortunate that it hasn't really happened with the Rangers.”

at least he took his demotion like a man. Not like odor, where the rangers always let him rehab while he was with the big league team.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he handled it about as poorly as a player could. I realize you don't waste any chance to complain about Odor, but this one is really strange.
He shot himself in the foot. In AAA he had a chance of recall. Doubt he gets many serious takers.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He shot himself in the foot. In AAA he had a chance of recall. Doubt he gets many serious takers.

he's on record saying he wants to leave the organization. nothing about that says "taking the demotion like a man" to me.