• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers back at the Grill for a set against the Halos: LAA @ TEX 6/12-15

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 game series against the division foes, which means everyone but Perez gets the ball. All games at 7.

Rangers come in at 41-23, and still 5 games up in the division. They lost no ground this weekend. Angels are 36-31 and close behind the *'s for second place.

The bullpen has been improved as of late.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Evan Grant:

The Rays prey on left-handed starters. They began Sunday leading the majors in OPS against lefty starters at .873. The Rangers are second and Houston third. It stands to reason that if the Rangers want to go deep into the postseason, beating the Astros and Rays will be paramount.

Heaney and Perez have been the “weakest” of the Rangers starters. At the moment, at least one of them would have to pitch in a best-of-five playoff series. That was hammered home earlier in the week when it became clear Jacob deGrom would be lost for the year.

As the trade market starts to develop, the Rangers are considering whether to add a starter. Until deGrom was lost, the bullpen was the clear priority. Now, it’s not quite as clear. The bullpen has started to settle. Over the weekend, a sextet of relievers combined for 10.1 scoreless innings in which they allowed two hits, one walk and struck out nine. Spencer Howard failed his first audition of the season but was sent back to Round Rock barely 12 hours later.

Take Howard’s outing out and the bullpen’s ERA is 2.34 since May 24 when Will Smith came into a bases-loaded situation in the eighth of a one-run game at Pittsburgh and proceeded to convert the save.

“It’s good to see how things in the bullpen are starting to shape up,” Bochy said. “Things are starting to tighten up a little down there.”

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI

Friday, I got a new phone, the Samsung Galaxy S23. I noticed when I tried to respond to a post on this site, the cursor was inside the quote box instead if below it, like usual. Not only that, but it wouldn't let me put the cursor outside the quote box.

Later, I got a notification that there was an update for my phone available. After I updated, the issue on this site with the cursor in the quote box was fixed. So, if any if you get a new Samsung phone and have this problem, try updating your phone.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI

Friday, I got a new phone, the Samsung Galaxy S23. I noticed when I tried to respond to a post on this site, the cursor was inside the quote box instead if below it, like usual. Not only that, but it wouldn't let me put the cursor outside the quote box.

Later, I got a notification that there was an update for my phone available. After I updated, the issue on this site with the cursor in the quote box was fixed. So, if any if you get a new Samsung phone and have this problem, try updating your phone.

or just get an iPhone so you don't have to deal with that.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fifty more days until the trade deadline. I get the feeling that this trade season is going to be almost as big for the Rangers as the last couple of offseasons have been.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fifty more days until the trade deadline. I get the feeling that this trade season is going to be almost as big for the Rangers as the last couple of offseasons have been.

I get the feeling that CY is going to make at least one move that will piss people off. Meaning, either overpaying (too many pieces) for someone, or sending away a valuable piece that fans hoped we would keep. Possibly both, unfortunately.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Evan Grant:

The Rays prey on left-handed starters. They began Sunday leading the majors in OPS against lefty starters at .873. The Rangers are second and Houston third. It stands to reason that if the Rangers want to go deep into the postseason, beating the Astros and Rays will be paramount.

Heaney and Perez have been the “weakest” of the Rangers starters. At the moment, at least one of them would have to pitch in a best-of-five playoff series. That was hammered home earlier in the week when it became clear Jacob deGrom would be lost for the year.

As the trade market starts to develop, the Rangers are considering whether to add a starter. Until deGrom was lost, the bullpen was the clear priority. Now, it’s not quite as clear. The bullpen has started to settle. Over the weekend, a sextet of relievers combined for 10.1 scoreless innings in which they allowed two hits, one walk and struck out nine. Spencer Howard failed his first audition of the season but was sent back to Round Rock barely 12 hours later.

Take Howard’s outing out and the bullpen’s ERA is 2.34 since May 24 when Will Smith came into a bases-loaded situation in the eighth of a one-run game at Pittsburgh and proceeded to convert the save.

“It’s good to see how things in the bullpen are starting to shape up,” Bochy said. “Things are starting to tighten up a little down there.”
5 game series you may need only 3 and could do a bullpen game on game 4 if needed

I don’t mind Heaney starting game 4 with potentially a short leash.
Maybe Owen White is up by then

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 game series you may need only 3 and could do a bullpen game on game 4 if needed

I think one of those starters will arrive via trade in the next 50 days.

Last edited:

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

right now, if they're doing a postseason (4 rotation) series, I would go:

Eovaldi - Gray - Dunning - Heaney w/ Perez ready to back him up

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the feeling that CY is going to make at least one move that will piss people off. Meaning, either overpaying (too many pieces) for someone, or sending away a valuable piece that fans hoped we would keep. Possibly both, unfortunately.
To me, no one is untouchable in the right deal. I guess, the closest to untouchable for me would be Walcott. I would hate to see Porter, White or Leiter be traded since pitching is both very expensive when acquired as free agents and very fragile once you acquire them.

I think we are going to see 2 or 3 members of our top 10 prospects be dealt and maybe that many or more in the rest of the top 30.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right now, if they're doing a postseason (4 rotation) series, I would go:

Eovaldi - Gray - Dunning - Heaney w/ Perez ready to back him up
I think you must have overlooked Spencer Howard.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, no one is untouchable in the right deal. I guess, the closest to untouchable for me would be Walcott. I would hate to see Porter, White or Leiter be traded since pitching is both very expensive when acquired as free agents and very fragile once you acquire them.

I think we are going to see 2 or 3 members of our top 10 prospects be dealt and maybe that many or more in the rest of the top 30.

that's pretty much what I was getting at. I think CY will think he's making that deal, but we won't agree with him.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we can add a piece and move a potential rule 5 piece and add a younger MILB player

I don’t think we need to be desperate to move except only for clear cut upgrade
Surely not a position player

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Would you approve of that?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you approve of that?
Depending on what we got in return, I could approve. In theory, yes, I agree with it.

Of course, lots can change in 5 to 7 weeks. If we play.500 between now and then, all bets are off.

I think we will get 2 bullpen pieces, a LF/DH and a starting pitcher.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on what we got in return, I could approve. In theory, yes, I agree with it.

Of course, lots can change in 5 to 7 weeks. If we play.500 between now and then, all bets are off.

I think we will get 2 bullpen pieces, a LF/DH and a starting pitcher.
The bullpen pieces and a starting pitcher I see as high probability not sure about the LF/DH