• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Florio posts a Russell Wilson rumor that will terrify Seahawks fans

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing Florio says can terrify me. I would need to take him seriously for that to be the case.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the OP is more concerned whether Seattle signs RW than most Seahawk fans. Many potential doom and gloom threads are created by LL.
Seattle must be hanging out in LL's noggin.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the OP is more concerned whether Seattle signs RW than most Seahawk fans. Many potential doom and gloom threads are created by LL.
Seattle must be hanging out in LL's noggin.

Split you terrified? lol OP

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Split you terrified? lol OP
Petrified...no wait...hung over.
I have learned a long time ago, don't sweat the shit you have no control over.
Regarding the OP, I'm pretty sure LL made a quick run to New Orleans to buy a Seahawk voodoo doll recently.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrified? Puhlease.

The Seahawks actually have ammunition in this fight.

Wilson is still signed through this season, and we still have the right to franchise him for two years after that.

Wilson made the dumb move of going with a guy whose a baseball agent. Baseball agents are used to negotiating contracts were 100% everything is guaranteed and there is no cap to restrict anything. Grossly overpaid bums are all over the MLB. The NFL has way less tolerance for that.

The media spouting hysteria and fans from other teams who want the Seahawks to suck are the only ones obsessed with this right now.

Wilson stands to lose a shitload of money if he and his agent can't compromise on a deal right now. Anyone with a half a brain can see that.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every player including RW has a value. Exceeding that value by a little due to circumstance can often be the smart play. Exceeding that value by a lot is almost never the smart play. If RW is going to try to hold Seattle hostage at an unreasonable level I'm sure they will be willing to say good bye and focus on signing all of their other young talent, some of which they may need to let go if they sign RW. He is a good QB, but they would be in the mix to win a SB without him if it came to it. I don't think he has Seattle bent as far over the barrel as some seem to think.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Petrified...no wait...hung over.
I have learned a long time ago, don't sweat the shit you have no control over.
Regarding the OP, I'm pretty sure LL made a quick run to New Orleans to buy a Seahawk voodoo doll recently.

I wouldn't buy one from New Orleans, there's has not been working very well.
Might let you borrow ours.....

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't buy one from New Orleans, there's has not been working very well.
Might let you borrow ours.....
I think LL needs it more than we do.:yes:

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been enough Patriot threads lately so thought a new Seahawk one would be nice to even things out.

Mike Florio posts a Russell Wilson rumor that will terrify Seahawks fans | Sun Times National

The Seattle Seahawks have reportedly offered Russell Wilson a contract in the range of Cam Newton’s $103 million deal, but it’s not something he’s willing to accept.

Mike Garafolo says both parties are still way off an agreement as the quarterback wants to be the highest paid player in the league

But Mike Florio is now predicting that Wilson may see out the remainder of his deal in Seattle and move elsewhere, a terrifying prospect for Seahawks fans.

After a pair of Super Bowl appearances and a championship, Wilson is certainly going to demand more than the Carolina Panthers quarterback.

Reports have surfaced saying Wilson wants to be the highest paid player in the league, and really, who doesn’t? That may or may not be realistic, and even if he does get that type of money, it’s likely to be trumped when Andrew Luck signs his deal anyway.

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo
B/c it's true. Mentioned on air SEA offers in Cam range. Not good enough. Do the math. @JasonPhilCole has it right. https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/status/614455200024276992 …

11:03 AM - 26 Jun 2015

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk
Been hearing from plenty of folks since posting latest Russell Wilson blurb. Current prediction: He's playing for someone else in 2016.

11:18 AM - 26 Jun 2015

Seattle fans should be careful what they wish for. I'm not convinced that Wilson is all that elite. Would he be elite in Cinci? Atlanta? If that running game tails off and Wilson is forced to throw more, he might be badly exposed. Let him play out his deal and see what the market dictates. No need to pay him so much when the QB isn't even a primary focus for that team.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if the Seahawks don't want to sign him to a long term deal, they will at least have him for this year, then the following year they can franchise him. To say he'll be in a different uniform in 2016 is ridiculous. It would appear the Seahawks are willing to pay him $20m per year, it's just a difference of guarantees and duration of contract.

He will at the very least be in Seattle for 2015 and 2016.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle fans should be careful what they wish for. I'm not convinced that Wilson is all that elite. Would he be elite in Cinci? Atlanta? If that running game tails off and Wilson is forced to throw more, he might be badly exposed. Let him play out his deal and see what the market dictates. No need to pay him so much when the QB isn't even a primary focus for that team.
Yeah the Seahawks should just go back to having T. Jackson starting, brilliant.:lol:

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the Seahawks should just go back to having T. Jackson starting, brilliant.:lol:

Or Dave Krieg<chortle>!! You are missing my point entirely. Wilson will be there for at least the next 2 years. Let him play for a new deal. Re-evaluate after 2015. There is no reason to worry about it now. He's hardly a game-changing QB and paying him as such would hurt the team in other ways.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or Dave Krieg<chortle>!! You are missing my point entirely. Wilson will be there for at least the next 2 years. Let him play for a new deal. Re-evaluate after 2015. There is no reason to worry about it now. He's hardly a game-changing QB and paying him as such would hurt the team in other ways.
The thing is opinions vary on the game changer part. I sure think he's a game changer and I've seen every game he's played as a pro.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elite? This word has almost no meaning anymore.
Is Russell a great QB? Name someone else with his record in 1st 3 years?
I am not at all surprised at his results. Good franchise and good QB.
I expected him to be a star. Should I think worse of him because of his early success?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if the Seahawks don't want to sign him to a long term deal, they will at least have him for this year, then the following year they can franchise him. To say he'll be in a different uniform in 2016 is ridiculous. It would appear the Seahawks are willing to pay him $20m per year, it's just a difference of guarantees and duration of contract.

He will at the very least be in Seattle for 2015 and 2016.

The only thing I say to that though is Seattle and Wilson are playing a deadly game the longer they wait to get this deal done. Wilson is taking a huge risk obviously of say he snaps his ACL/MCL and whatever else during the preseason of this year and struggles to come back. Yes he gets his insurance money but beyond that he is losing out long-term money wise. On the other end of it the longer Seattle waits to pay him the more the price can go up. With the Cap going crazy for another few years it only gets more expensive with each passing season. What is $22 million this year could quickly become $26 million next year and $30 million by the time 2017 season rolls around. So while it might seem like a ton of money this year in 2 years Wilson could already be at the bottom end of the top-10 highest paid QB's and the deal looking pretty darn good for the Seahawks. So both sides are playing with fire and will just have to wait and see who gets burned.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I say to that though is Seattle and Wilson are playing a deadly game the longer they wait to get this deal done. Wilson is taking a huge risk obviously of say he snaps his ACL/MCL and whatever else during the preseason of this year and struggles to come back. Yes he gets his insurance money but beyond that he is losing out long-term money wise. On the other end of it the longer Seattle waits to pay him the more the price can go up. With the Cap going crazy for another few years it only gets more expensive with each passing season. What is $22 million this year could quickly become $26 million next year and $30 million by the time 2017 season rolls around. So while it might seem like a ton of money this year in 2 years Wilson could already be at the bottom end of the top-10 highest paid QB's and the deal looking pretty darn good for the Seahawks. So both sides are playing with fire and will just have to wait and see who gets burned.
Yup, hard ball at it finest.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elite? This word has almost no meaning anymore.
Is Russell a great QB? Name someone else with his record in 1st 3 years?
I am not at all surprised at his results. Good franchise and good QB.
I expected him to be a star. Should I think worse of him because of his early success?

I can't argue with the TEAM results. But the QB is a bit of a 3rd fiddle in SEA behind the D and the running game. Wilson is very good at running the offense, but he's pretty limited overall as a passer. If you put him on the Jets or the Titans(for example) we aren't talking about a guy worthy of the biggest contract in the league.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just checked. Still not terrified.

Any other 12s not currently gripped with cold sweet terror over the OPs post and not feeling terrified over the current state of the Seahawks?

Say Aye.