• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Pete Carroll the right man for the job

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be true, he never played like that here. I didnt expect this from him.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be true, he never played like that here. I didnt expect this from him.

When I heard it I was like hmm, but he said "it's only a rumor" with a smile on his face. I thought he was just being friendly but maybe that smile had a deeper meaning.

Now if this rumor is true and Wilsons finger is fudged up all I can say is that really sucks, never would I wish this on a person and I hope he can adjust to it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear things like "Seattle are looking like geniuses for making that trade" and "Vikings might get off the hook for worse trade ever" course too early to know yet but certainly headed in that direction.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear things like "Seattle are looking like geniuses for making that trade" and "Vikings might get off the hook for worse trade ever" course too early to know yet but certainly headed in that direction.
While it's fun right now, we have all seen Wilson go through rough early seasons and end up turning things around and taking the team in a different direction before.

The problem now is, he has some bad pieces around him. Guys that can't catch, guys that don't appear to be locked in with him, a staff that seems very green and not making great decisions, etc. Their run game was bad tonight as well. Gordon with only 54 yards?

There's a solid chance the hawks end up with 2 top 10 picks in the first two rounds, but it's still too early to claim victory.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it's fun right now, we have all seen Wilson go through rough early seasons and end up turning things around and taking the team in a different direction before.

The problem now is, he has some bad pieces around him. Guys that can't catch, guys that don't appear to be locked in with him, a staff that seems very green and not making great decisions, etc. Their run game was bad tonight as well. Gordon with only 54 yards?

There's a solid chance the hawks end up with 2 top 10 picks in the first two rounds, but it's still too early to claim victory.

Yes no doubt we have seen him struggle then to get hot at the mid point of the season. Thing is it's different this time. When he sucked before he was a little off target but mostly it was he was missing the open men and was forcing throws. His throws are often so far off target that I swear to god that's not Wilson throwing the ball. How many times has he thrown Behind and over the heads of his targets this season all ready? My god.

Mister unlimited needs to turn into Doctor strange and go find the Ancient One to get his hand fixed.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh ouch this is getting to be a little much, Wilson doesn't deserve this.

Though I don't know what to do with my Wilson Jersey now ...... If he gives us another top 5 pick I might put it in a shrine. lol

I mean if Wilson played lights out for Denver i could still wear it on game days if i wanted but now ... yeah it's gathering dust and im not kidding lol.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh ouch this is getting to be a little much, Wilson doesn't deserve this.

Though I don't know what to do with my Wilson Jersey now ...... If he gives us another top 5 pick I might put it in a shrine. lol

I mean if Wilson played lights out for Denver i could still wear it on game days if i wanted but now ... yeah it's gathering dust and im not kidding lol.

Something happened in that locker room and front office that led to this. When you say he didn't deserve this.... not really sure I agree or follow where you're going with that.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something happened in that locker room and front office that led to this. When you say he didn't deserve this.... not really sure I agree or follow where you're going with that.

He played his heart out for the Seahawks and he also was almost every year a top 3 or BETTER QB. He doesn't deserve this, it's not hard to understand unless you are one of these people that says fuck what you did for us in the past. Something is wrong and it very well could be the injury he suffered behind OUR oline. This is akin to putting someone into a car that YOU built and something fails injuring the driver and you blame the driver. lol

The gas peddle broke because he pushed on it to hard and crashed into the wall it was all his fault. lmao

** Edit **: I almost said "Pulled the steering wheel off" but then remembered that thats a thing that can happen and could be the drivers fault for not locking it in haha

Last edited:
Reactions: MrS

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played his heart out for the Seahawks and he also was almost every year a top 3 or BETTER QB. He doesn't deserve this, it's not hard to understand unless you are one of these people that says fuck what you did for us in the past. Something is wrong and it very well could be the injury he suffered behind OUR oline. This is akin to putting someone into a car that YOU built and something fails injuring the driver and you blame the driver. lol

The gas peddle broke because he pushed on it to hard and crashed into the wall it was all his fault. lmao

** Edit **: I almost said "Pulled the steering wheel off" but then remembered that thats a thing that can happen and could be the drivers fault for not locking it in haha
You see the title to this thread? Well Pete has put his heart and soul in this team. So it's hard for me not to push back when I see threads like this one.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see the title to this thread? Well Pete has put his heart and soul in this team. So it's hard for me not to push back when I see threads like this one.

Well the title is based as a question not a jab or insult aimed at him.

Pete might not be the coach we need, Maybe he is but we are in a rebuild with a 71 year old Head coach. Remember the oldest head coach in NFL history was 73 I do believe. Now Pete act and looks more like he is in his early 60's if not 50's so he has that on his side.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the title is based as a question not a jab or insult aimed at him.

Pete might not be the coach we need, Maybe he is but we are in a rebuild with a 71 year old Head coach. Remember the oldest head coach in NFL history was 73 I do believe. Now Pete act and looks more like he is in his early 60's if not 50's so he has that on his side.
Questioning if the head coach should be fired isn’t a insult or jab To the man? I’d say it is, but posters can go back and forth about it, but RW is going to be in the conversation then. After all this ignited by the trade of RW. A move I support, also a move that is starting to look genius like. Yes jabs will be made from both sides because that how it works.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of fans here are getting a lot of satisfaction out of watching wilson struggle, and I am too but there is a part of me that feels for the man and is sad to see him suffering.

but then I remember he is worth hundreds of millions of dollars and I dont feel so bad for him anymore.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Behind OUR Oline? The one he threw under the bus and where everyone was saying he was going to be so much better off in Denver because they have a great OLINE, who has allowed 16 sacks and 36 QB hits through 5 games, 4 of which were against generally terrible defenses? And now basically a backup QB with two rookie tackles has well above half as less? Bullshit. Wilson's own playstyle is accountable for a lot of his sacks and injuries. When an all pro left tackle is visibly yelling at the QB for a sack allowed, that says a lot. And already a wide receiver who has really done F all is yelling at Wilson in Denver.

Wilson was great at a few things and of course helped Seattle win a lost of games. 1) Great arm/deep ball, 2) Great mobility to extend plays, 3) Improvisation.

Most of our board recognized this before and after the trade. And after the trade the people with a functioning brain on this forum all questioned Wilson's mobility and long lasting ability to extend plays. He's not a good pocket passer, never has been. He's trying to do that in Denver and the results are what they are. He was danger'Russ on the playaction and outside the pocket. He's trying to change up his play to be a pocket passer (appears to me anyway) and it's simply not there. He locks onto one target and fails to go through progression. That was fine when he was outside the pocket and buying a ton of time with his legs, but that's been gone for 1.5 seasons.

Now against Indy he did have a shoulder injury. He admitted to that and said he was good to go, so that might be why he was so off last night. People are saying the finger is an issue but he was playing at a high level towards the end of last season (yes against shit teams, but the Texans, Seahawks and Colts are hardly anything to write home about). Maybe he spent too much time in the offseason on his image and "LET'S RIDE" bullshit instead of actually practicing with the fuckin' team.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Questioning if the head coach should be fired isn’t a insult or jab To the man? I’d say it is, but posters can go back and forth about it, but RW is going to be in the conversation then. After all this ignited by the trade of RW. A move I support, also a move that is starting to look genius like. Yes jabs will be made from both sides because that how it works.

Well these are different things and you know it.

One is a title asking if Pete is the man for the job...

these others are direct jabs at Wilson not questions.

If someone asks "can you read?" and are looking for a truthful answer is not a insult it's a question but if someones screams "You're a idiot and cant read" that's a insult.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well these are different things and you know it.

One is a title asking if Pete is the man for the job...

these others are direct jabs at Wilson not questions.

If someone asks "can you read?" and are looking for a truthful answer is not a insult it's a question but if someones screams "You're a idiot and cant read" that's a insult.
Well your correct that my posts weren't there for conversation purpose. They were there to make fun of RW in a humorist way but we can go the conversation method. I'll start a thread.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well your correct that my posts weren't there for conversation purpose. They were there to make fun of RW in a humorist way but we can go the conversation method. I'll start a thread.

lol

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rams are likely losing their LT, the cards had another injury on their OL and looked like trash.
is it possible the pete carroll led seahawks could win this division?
coach of the year???

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rams are likely losing their LT, the cards had another injury on their OL and looked like trash.
is it possible the pete carroll led seahawks could win this division?
coach of the year???
Won't that be something!