• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Pete Carroll the right man for the job

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats crazy thinking right there as they are not playing the same DEFENSE! Look at Seattle Rush defense. Seahawks Rush D is 31st in the NFL giving up 157 yards rushing per game. Atlanta's is 15th. Running against a 15th ranked rushing D is Much harder than rushing against a 31st ranked Rushing D.

San Fran is the 4th best rushing Defense and Denver is the 6th best rushing Defense.

So in other Words Seattle has faced the 4th, 6th and 15th best rushing Defenses in the NFL but EVERYONE OF THESE TEAMS when they played Seattle faced the 31st ranked or 2nd from WORST rushing D in the NFL there is a HUGE difference and ignoring that difference is asinine.

Well this guy got 100 yards on 14 carries against the worst rushing defense so our guy should get 100 yards against them even though their Defense is WAY better but it doesn't matter because apples to apples ... what the actual fook

that is like saying a $20,000 dollar truck is as fast as a $500,000 super car

Not to mention - on top of that ( I had started a post similar to this but walked away and just deleted it when I got back ) 66 yards on 14 carries is actually a very solid outing. You want to see just about anything over 60 when given 14 carries. It's a solid day for that many carries.

Now, back to Atlanta's running game. 5th in the NFL. They committed to the run, and Seattle didn't. Seattle is 7th in the NFL with 72% of their offensive snaps being passes or QB runs. That doesn't leave much for the RBs to run with.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention - on top of that ( I had started a post similar to this but walked away and just deleted it when I got back ) 66 yards on 14 carries is actually a very solid outing. You want to see just about anything over 60 when given 14 carries. It's a solid day for that many carries.

Now, back to Atlanta's running game. 5th in the NFL. They committed to the run, and Seattle didn't. Seattle is 7th in the NFL with 72% of their offensive snaps being passes or QB runs. That doesn't leave much for the RBs to run with.

Yeah I think people are just getting these really big "knee jerk" reactions. I always thought Firing Norton was a Knee jerk reaction as I always stated we don't have the talent on the defense to be a GOOD DEFENSE. People just assumed it was coaching... Nope it's talent or the major lack there of.

Same with the Fire Bevell crowed, ignore the fact the Hawks were a top 10 Offense most of the time but lets blow it up.

Something else i have said is a Star player on a VERY bad team is just that a Star on a bad team. That doesn't mean he is good he is just the best player on a BAD team and may be just as bad as anyone else just not his team mates lol. Sure he looks like a 10 when playing for them but put him with more talent around him and he may just be a 6 at best.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats crazy thinking right there as they are not playing the same DEFENSE! Look at Seattle Rush defense. Seahawks Rush D is 31st in the NFL giving up 157 yards rushing per game. Atlanta's is 15th. Running against a 15th ranked rushing D is Much harder than rushing against a 31st ranked Rushing D.

San Fran is the 4th best rushing Defense and Denver is the 6th best rushing Defense.

So in other Words Seattle has faced the 4th, 6th and 15th best rushing Defenses in the NFL but EVERYONE OF THESE TEAMS when they played Seattle faced the 31st ranked or 2nd from WORST rushing D in the NFL there is a HUGE difference and ignoring that difference is asinine.

Well this guy got 100 yards on 14 carries against the worst rushing defense so our guy should get 100 yards against them even though their Defense is WAY better but it doesn't matter because apples to apples ... what the actual fook

Those stats you just listed is that from this season? If so I don't subscribe to that going into the game the league only played two games so to say this team is ranked 31st or ranked 1st is irrelevant in two weeks all that could completely flip flop, you would at least have to play 8 or 9 games to really lean on that. if you wanted to lean on that I guess Khalil Herbert is a better RB than Derrick Henry because of where he is ranked on the rushing list.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think people are just getting these really big "knee jerk" reactions. I always thought Firing Norton was a Knee jerk reaction as I always stated we don't have the talent on the defense to be a GOOD DEFENSE. People just assumed it was coaching... Nope it's talent or the major lack there of.

There are times when firing a coach is necessary. I think Bevell ultimately got fired because the offensive line was just terrible, which wasn't really his fault.

Our DC largely doesn't matter, IMO. Pete runs the defense and he always has. Which is why the defense, no matter who the DC is, always has the same quirks and flaws.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pass on answering this question

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

its not about stats. the fact is patterson ran with authority and power, penny runs like he is scared.

his strength is speed, which yes sometimes flashes for big gains. outside of those plays, he doesnt have the toughness to be an every down power back. I think when they drafted him, they expected a guy of his size to be stronger and tougher. chubb is the guy that they should have drafted, he fits the mold.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its not about stats. the fact is patterson ran with authority and power, penny runs like he is scared.

his strength is speed, which yes sometimes flashes for big gains. outside of those plays, he doesnt have the toughness to be an every down power back. I think when they drafted him, they expected a guy of his size to be stronger and tougher. chubb is the guy that they should have drafted, he fits the mold.

This is just silly. Patterson ran with speed through wide open holes. His TD run he wasn't even grazed until he was 10 yards down field.

It is just bizarre that you think that a converted wide receiver runs with toughness of an everydown back, despite the fact that in his entire career he has run for more than 20 carriers in a game all of ONCE. Yet he runs with toughness.

It is also bizarre that you focus on Penny when he is FAR from even close to one of our actual problems. If he were one of the big problems with this team, we would be one of the best teams in the league.

Seems like you just want to be right about him and ignore all data to the contrary.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just silly. Patterson ran with speed through wide open holes. His TD run he wasn't even grazed until he was 10 yards down field.

It is just bizarre that you think that a converted wide receiver runs with toughness of an everydown back, despite the fact that in his entire career he has run for more than 20 carriers in a game all of ONCE. Yet he runs with toughness.

It is also bizarre that you focus on Penny when he is FAR from even close to one of our actual problems. If he were one of the big problems with this team, we would be one of the best teams in the league.

Seems like you just want to be right about him and ignore all data to the contrary.
everything I say about him was said prior to the draft by scouts. go back and watch some of his college runs, dude went down at first contact then too.

if he was a 3rd round pick he wouldnt be on the team. but he was a first round pick, another wasted pick and he was clearly not worth it. not even close.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everything I say about him was said prior to the draft by scouts. go back and watch some of his college runs, dude went down at first contact then too.

if he was a 3rd round pick he wouldnt be on the team. but he was a first round pick, another wasted pick and he was clearly not worth it. not even close.

His pre-draft scouting report is entirely irrelevant to a 5th year pro.

He is still here because of his performance last season. Not because he was a 1st round draft pick.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His pre-draft scouting report is entirely irrelevant to a 5th year pro.
its relevant when the flaws observed still exist
He is still here because of his performance last season. Not because he was a 1st round draft pick.
its the sunk cost fallacy. the same reason lj collier is somehow still on the team.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its relevant when the flaws observed still exist

its the sunk cost fallacy. the same reason lj collier is somehow still on the team.

LJ Collier's 5th year option wasn't picked up and he is almost certainly NOT going to be resigned. In fact he probably was going to get cut but he picked up an injury and the Seahawks had no choice but put him on IR as they can't cut a player who is injured.

I don't care if we had in his prime Walter Payton in the backfield, no running back can succeed when they are routinely hit in the backfield.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ignoring Penny's 4.2 yards after contact last year to stubbornly argue that you're right...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ignoring Penny's 4.2 yards after contact last year to stubbornly argue that you're right...

Some people think it is more important to be right than for the team to succeed.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure its impressive if you dont watch him play.

LOL. Let's ignore his actual numbers and use vague and subjective terms like "toughness" to define how good a RB is.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Let's ignore his actual numbers and use vague and subjective terms like "toughness" to define how good a RB is.
numbers that were wrong

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong in what way?

He forgets that as a non-official stat - everyone computes it their own way.

Here's another site:
1664487743043.png

What all the sites have in common: Penny led the league last year.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He forgets that as a non-official stat - everyone computes it their own way.

Here's another site:
View attachment 309977

What all the sites have in common: Penny led the league last year.

Yeah but did he lead the league in toughness and not playing soft?