• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Pete Carroll the right man for the job

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penny started the game with a few nice runs then packed it in the rest of the way.
He looked gassed on that last drive too

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penny started the game with a few nice runs then packed it in the rest of the way.
He looked gassed on that last drive too

Uhm you do know Penny had 5 rushes for 26 yards in the 4th quarter if it wasn't for penalties right? Or are you still wearing those blindman glasses?

Penny 14 carries 66 yards 4.7 YPC average he was fine just wasn't used enough. We should NEVER have Geno Smith throwing the Ball 44 Times a game.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're drunk on stats, rewatch his actual runs. He doesnt run with authority and isnt striking fear into anyone. he goes down at a touch on most of his plays.
Patterson the 10 year vet WR looked like a better RB.
Penny just isnt the type of back this offense should have if we are going to be a run first offense.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Rewatch his actual runs."

*watches Penny run for 5-7 yards*

Then we stopped running the ball.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're drunk on stats, rewatch his actual runs. He doesnt run with authority and isnt striking fear into anyone. he goes down at a touch on most of his plays.
Penny just isnt the type of back this offense should have if we are going to be a run first offense.

Well, we aren't a run first offense, so it doesn't matter if he would fit that or not.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Rewatch his actual runs."

*watches Penny run for 5-7 yards*

Then we stopped running the ball.

You mean his 10 yard run - No, I don't want to talk about that
You mean his 11 yard run - No, I don't want to talk about that
You mean his 14 yard run - No, I don't want to talk about that
You mean his 0 yard run - Yes!!!!! Let's start with that one!!!!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean his 10 yard run - No, I don't want to talk about that
You mean his 11 yard run - No, I don't want to talk about that
You mean his 14 yard run - No, I don't want to talk about that
You mean his 0 yard run - Yes!!!!! Let's start with that one!!!!
Snuggles now known as MrS can't handle that Penny is dang good when healthy, but saying healthy has been a problem for Penny. Course no way to predict that. The future isn't Penny that's clear, but for now? He's fine for now, a lot more to debate when it comes to the Seahawks then Penny.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh my goodness I would HATE to see what Penny would do to OUR Run Defense! Do you NOT see the difference? I think I could get 4 YPC against our Defense. lol

The sad truth is i see less missed tackles they just are not tackling anyone till they have gained 5-10 yards all ready. The Linebackers look lost the DLine looks out matched. The front 7 is bad. CB are not doing much better either.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell in the draft my first 4 picks might be Two DT 1 Linebacker and a safety! We are more than a QB away people lol.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense looked terrible. if you really look at both their turnovers one was an INT which was to end the 1st half and the fumble was more the falcons pretty much botched their option run.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense looked terrible. if you really look at both their turnovers one was an INT which was to end the 1st half and the fumble was more the falcons pretty much botched their option run.
Bring back Norton and the 4-3

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to give it up to Patterson at 31 if you are a skill position player you pretty much are diminished in the NFL. Instead he switched to RB and he is leaping over Linebackers. The Falcons OL was pushing back the Hawks DL and not having Bobby Wagner to clean up racking up his 10-14 tackles shows.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patterson ran against our defense... Every RB has looked good against our defense this year... We'll be able to watch Penny run and gash through our defense next year...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like the 4th and 1 that he got 4 yards on against a loaded box and carrying 2 guys on his back? what run would you like me to watch? I mean i saw them all live im just not blinded by hate like you so which one would you like me to "re-watch" lol i think you need to re-watch the game with out all this bias hate and be more open minded.

Last edited:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense gave up 5 drives of 52 yards or more yesterday / 7 plays of 21 yards or more... That's on Carroll... To quote Diggs after yesterdays game, "That's pathetic"...

Also our offense needs to better in the 2nd half of games... Against the Broncos, we scored 0 in the 2nd half... Against the 9er's, we scored 0 in the 2nd half... Against the Falcons, we scored 3 in the 2nd half... 2 of those games were at home... So we've only scored a total of 3 pts in 2nd half so far this season? To quote Diggs, "That's Pathetic"...

We are an entirely a different kind of bad than I thought we would be... That's on Carroll... If he doesn't get this fixed soon, fans/players will definitely stop supporting him leading to the FO having to reevaluate Pete's job security at the end of the season...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like the 4th and 1 that he got 4 yards on against a loaded box and carrying 2 guys on his back? what run would you like me to watch? I mean i saw them all live im just not blinded by hate like you so which one would you like me to "re-watch" lol i think you need to re-watch the game with out all this bias hate and be more open minded.
I watched them all live too and I saw a lot of runs ending with him throwing himself on the ground and looking hesitant.
After laying the wood on two defender's early, he stopped doing it.
He doesnt have the toughness to carry it 25 times a game on a consistent basis, I dont know why anyone would argue otherwise

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I will say against Penny is one 14-15 carries is plenty for a RB in a single game. Another way to evaluate is how your opposition did on the other team. Penny ran 14x for 66 yards, Patterson ran 17x for 141 yards and a TD. I think it is coaching the Falcons were just better prepared and coached to play us. Pete invested a 1st round pick and a 2nd round pick on a RB, a 1st round and (2) 3rd round picks on another tackle and an interior guard. They invested all this on the offense, they need to do better running the ball.

Atlanta ran for 141 yards with a washed up 31 year old receiver, Jacksonville has an undrafted back that scored 4 TDs in 3 games so far this year. It is all about coaching and developing and so far the only players of this team that has been playing at a high level is Metcalf and a punter.

Reactions: MrS

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I will say against Penny is one 14-15 carries is plenty for a RB in a single game. Another way to evaluate is how your opposition did on the other team. Penny ran 14x for 66 yards, Patterson ran 17x for 141 yards and a TD. I think it is coaching the Falcons were just better prepared and coached to play us. Pete invested a 1st round pick and a 2nd round pick on a RB, a 1st round and (2) 3rd round picks on another tackle and an interior guard. They invested all this on the offense, they need to do better running the ball.

Atlanta ran for 141 yards with a washed up 31 year old receiver, Jacksonville has an undrafted back that scored 4 TDs in 3 games so far this year. It is all about coaching and developing and so far the only players of this team that has been playing at a high level is Metcalf and a punter.

Thats crazy thinking right there as they are not playing the same DEFENSE! Look at Seattle Rush defense. Seahawks Rush D is 31st in the NFL giving up 157 yards rushing per game. Atlanta's is 15th. Running against a 15th ranked rushing D is Much harder than rushing against a 31st ranked Rushing D.

San Fran is the 4th best rushing Defense and Denver is the 6th best rushing Defense.

So in other Words Seattle has faced the 4th, 6th and 15th best rushing Defenses in the NFL but EVERYONE OF THESE TEAMS when they played Seattle faced the 31st ranked or 2nd from WORST rushing D in the NFL there is a HUGE difference and ignoring that difference is asinine.

Well this guy got 100 yards on 14 carries against the worst rushing defense so our guy should get 100 yards against them even though their Defense is WAY better but it doesn't matter because apples to apples ... what the actual fook

that is like saying a $20,000 dollar truck is as fast as a $500,000 super car