• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Pete Carroll the right man for the job

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a way for those two rookie tackles to start the season... Starting with Chubb and then having to deal with Bosa/Warner

A tough start for sure. Hopefully they can do a little better with these next 2 games.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete's not getting fired. More likely he'll move upstairs in a year or two. For now is what you see is what we get.

He's probably not going to get fired. Unless this past Sunday is the norm and not the exception.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's probably not going to get fired. Unless this past Sunday is the norm and not the exception.
The FO and Pete knew this rebuild needed to happen now knowing the crop of QB's in next years draft is solid. Even with a 3-14 record won't get him the boot. If he fucks up a top 5 pick then he should tossed out in the trash.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The FO and Pete knew this rebuild needed to happen now knowing the crop of QB's in next years draft is solid. Even with a 3-14 record won't get him the boot. If he fucks up a top 5 pick then he should tossed out in the trash.

Teams that go 3-14 rarely keep their coach.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not many of them can say they have a SB ring and many years of success. It's a rebuild year and we all knew this team is a 3 or 4 win team.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not many of them can say they have a SB ring and many years of success. It's a rebuild year and we all knew this team is a 3 or 4 win team.
I think your right @jerseyhawksfan79 . Going into this everyone is aware this is a quick rebuild and that this season was going to be rough. The payoff starts next season with all the draft capitol the Seahawks have. The hardest part of getting through this season is all the complaining that is coming with it ( despite everyone being aware this year was a development season and was going to be bumpy). Pete is going to see this through.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your right @jerseyhawksfan79 . Going into this everyone is aware this is a quick rebuild and that this season was going to be rough. The payoff starts next season with all the draft capitol the Seahawks have. The hardest part of getting through this season is all the complaining that is coming with it ( despite everyone being aware this year was a development season and was going to be bumpy). Pete is going to see this through.
The point of this season is watching and hoping our rookies, 2nd and 3rd year players progress. Sure the FO could have kept Russ and continue losing in the 1st round which is called spinning tires. We as a fan base don't want that. This is the true course to get bad to get good again.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's let this year pan out and see what happens....

We can make rationalizations after?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It all depends on what he said to Jody Allen. If he told her that this was going to be a rebuilding year and that next year things will turn around then I could see Jody sticking with him another year. If he told her that they were going to be fine with the Hall of Fame QB they planned on trading away and they would be a contender, then that's something else entirely.

It isn't about the wins and losses, ftr. It's about how the same is playing at the end of the season. If they are playing hard and shown improvement from the beginning of the season then I could certainly see Pete staying on.

But if the team goes 3-14, with a schedule that includes the Lions, Falcons, Giants, Jets, Cards and Panthers, then it is hard for me to see how Pete deserves to be kept for another year. Unless they all agreed to make this a covert tank year which seems unlikely.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling an NFL running back soft has always been more than a little ridiculous. Every single one of them take an absolute beating.

Rashaad Penny had the most yards after contact in the NFL last year. Now all of the sudden he can't break a tackle?

Penny does not pass the eye test

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penny does not pass the eye test

You've made it clear that you don't like Penny no matter what he does. The guy led the league in y/c last year and yards after contact. Not sure what else you want from him.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've made it clear that you don't like Penny no matter what he does. The guy led the league in y/c last year and yards after contact. Not sure what else you want from him.

GIF by Futurithmic

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
show some consistency maybe

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
show some consistency maybe

He led the league with 3.1 yards after contact in 2021 (pro-football-reference.com) - this year he's at 3.1 after 2 weeks. Last year he broke a tackle every 11.9 carries, right now he's at every 9.0 carries. That's looking pretty consistent - and it's hard to look great when you're hit within 1 yard of the LOS and only get 6 carries.

If this is how they plan on using Penny this year, then it makes you wonder why they wanted to re-sign him.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed most of the broncos game, but I went back and watched pennys runs and he had two good ones. fumbled on his big run though, not helping himself there. not impressed with the rest of them, he looked like his old hesitant, soft self.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed most of the broncos game, but I went back and watched pennys runs and he had two good ones. fumbled on his big run though, not helping himself there. not impressed with the rest of them, he looked like his old hesitant, soft self.
What's your breakdown of Kenneth Walker II last week?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really going to knock the guy for his SECOND total NFL Fumble?

First off He is averaging over 4 yards per carry, thats a plus even though it's only 4.2 but you know who else averaged around 4.2 YPC for his whole career? Marshawn Lynch.

The Issue is they don't run enough period. The Team has ran the ball a TOTAL of 33 times in 2 games or 16.5 carries per game. 8 of those are Geno runs so only 25 times total for 2 games for the Running backs OR 12.5 carries per game that's it. How is anyone supposed to do anything let alone be "consistent" when they are not getting the ball? 18 Rushes for 75 yards is good but because it was in 2 games it's not. His production is fine his chances to produce is the issue.

On the other hand the Hawks have THROWN the ball 59 times... almost 2 to 1 passing. That won't help any running backs stats. He has had 2 bigger runs called back also because of Penalties. He would be over 100 yards on like 20 carries if they hadn't and i am fine with that production. They need to use the running game MORE!

Last edited: