• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Crazy Russell Wilson rumor

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colin Cowherd is saying Ciara wants to live in NYC and she might "force" Russell to make a deal with the Giants. With his contract ending in a year he could potentially push for a deal that moves him out of Seattle to keep his wife happy. Kind of like what Janet Jones was rumored to have done to Wayne Gretzky when he left the Oilers to go to the L.A. Kings.

So unlikely? Sure. Possible? I suppose. Scary? You bet your ass.

Ciara Could Force Russell Wilson To Replace Eli In NY, Says Colin Cowherd

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't believe it.....

But IMO we should prepare for all the scenarios

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to know Colin's source, or is he just talking out his ass?

It's just gossip.

Maybe Ciara does want to live in New York. And they are free to do so for 8 months of the year. Plenty of athletes do this all the time. Hell Michael Bennett lived in Hawaii DURING THE SEASON.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colin Cowherd is saying Ciara wants to live in NYC and she might "force" Russell to make a deal with the Giants. With his contract ending in a year he could potentially push for a deal that moves him out of Seattle to keep his wife happy. Kind of like what Janet Jones was rumored to have done to Wayne Gretzky when he left the Oilers to go to the L.A. Kings.

So unlikely? Sure. Possible? I suppose. Scary? You bet your ass.

Ciara Could Force Russell Wilson To Replace Eli In NY, Says Colin Cowherd
Eli is about done there. So, there is room for Wilson. And the diminutive dude has been going Hollywood for a couple years now and New York is Hollywood East. Yeah, I can see it happening. But I can also see Cowturd making up a story to stay relevant during the NFL's slow time of the year.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to know Colin's source, or is he just talking out his ass?

When is he not talking out of his ass?

The Pus&y is a powerful thing... So it might not be as far fetched as people think. With that said, he is staying in Seattle

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless that clemson qb is there for the taking, there is absolutely no way wilson is traded to any team.

Elite qbs in their prime do not get traded

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
inside the mind of an east coast media personality (i know he is from seattle but that was a long time ago)

"New York is a big market and they need an elite QB because they deserve it. Oh look, Seattle has an elite QB, its just not fair that such a small market team has such a good QB. Let's just move him over to the Giants and all will be right in the world!"

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
inside the mind of an east coast media personality (i know he is from seattle but that was a long time ago)

"New York is a big market and they need an elite QB because they deserve it. Oh look, Seattle has an elite QB, its just not fair that such a small market team has such a good QB. Let's just move him over to the Giants and all will be right in the world!"

Pretty sure he is an L.A. guy.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep you are right, but my point is the same.

the assumption that we would trade him to NY because NY needs an elite a QB and apparently we don't... because NY.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep you are right, but my point is the same.

the assumption that we would trade him to NY because NY needs an elite a QB and apparently we don't... because NY.

I guess. These rumors are always going to involve a big name team because that stirs the pot even more.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the salary cap era, Brees is the only HOF level QB who switched teams while still in his prime. And he had a serious shoulder injury that had caused the Chargers to panic and draft Eli Manning with the #1 pick (of course immediately traded to the Giants for Rivers). You might be able to include Peyton Manning, though it's debatable he was still in his prime but not debatable he also had a serious injury right before Indy cut him to transition to Luck.

I put this rumor in the category of things that get said in the off-season to spark debate and interest.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the salary cap era, Brees is the only HOF level QB who switched teams while still in his prime. And he had a serious shoulder injury that had caused the Chargers to panic and draft Eli Manning with the #1 pick (of course immediately traded to the Giants for Rivers). You might be able to include Peyton Manning, though it's debatable he was still in his prime but not debatable he also had a serious injury right before Indy cut him to transition to Luck.

I put this rumor in the category of things that get said in the off-season to spark debate and interest.

I bet the Dolphins wish they could turn back time

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football is a business and an elite QB is what is needed to maximize profits. The Seahawks will not part ways with Wilson. They will tag him if he doesn’t come to terms. The problem is if they tag Frank Clark this year and need to use the tag on Wilson next year, we could end up losing Clark. I believe Wagner is also a free agent next year.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure its been talked about I highly doubt he already made his decision on what he wants to do. On paper it looks like a good move they have a great RB and an all pro WR. But his situation with the seahawks is almost perfect he is the highest paid player on the team, the organization bends backwards for him, got rid of players that didn't like him, he has a great run game, solid WRs etc that's better than most QBs in the league. If this was a year ago with him running for his life and team dysfunction I would understand him leaving.

I will say this if he does go to NY mainly because his wife entertainment career I would lose some respect for him and really think he is pussy whipped. You were already established with a career in Seattle making millions you practically run this city and you let a woman come in, marry her, shower her with gifts like his and her Mercedes trucks and eventually get you to pack your bags and leave somewhere else for HER career? nah brah

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with Clark is he will accept the tag and gladly play on it. If the Hawks give him a contract that is equal or BETTER in the first year as the Tag would be and then Better every year after that he would sign. That is Steep but he is smart how he is going at it and someone if not the Hawks will pay him that if he goes all next season on the FT. Then i am sure he will be doing the same thing, Pay me or Franchise me i don't care which you do but i will get paid handsomely.