• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Crazy Russell Wilson rumor

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with Clark is he will accept the tag and gladly play on it. If the Hawks give him a contract that is equal or BETTER in the first year as the Tag would be and then Better every year after that he would sign. That is Steep but he is smart how he is going at it and someone if not the Hawks will pay him that if he goes all next season on the FT. Then i am sure he will be doing the same thing, Pay me or Franchise me i don't care which you do but i will get paid handsomely.
Yeah, maybe....but there's also a difference between average annual value and real dollars. We also may have a different definition of what a "better" deal is than Frank does. It wouldn't be that hard to draft a multi-year deal that has a lower AAV in 2019 and maybe even in 2020 than a tag would have, yet gives him a lot more cash in his pocket now and be "better" because of that. Players are willing to bet on themselves, but they also like the security of a multi-year deal that pays them now.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's the thing most want that security, Clark and his agent say "that doesn't matter to them" They want best possible deal. If that means 1 or 2 years tagged then so be it.