• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson to the Giants

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson is ten years younger than Drew Brees.

His value in draft picks is probably at least 5 first rounders.

Brees never ran around to make all his plays.

Last edited:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The better question is, does NYC give a shit about Ciara? She's so far past being washed-up. I heard her perform at Seattle's playoff game (I think that's what game it was), and she's absolute trash. Wilson, meanwhile, is an elite performer in his profession who could go wherever he wants. Stupid story.

xXTrellXx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would actually suck... This is literally the same reason Gordon Hayward left Utah. BECAUSE OF HIS WIFE, respectively.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowherd never heard of a franchise tag?

Yep, I suppose he could eventually go when he becomes an unrestricted free agent but Seattle could just keep tagging him for a while before that point

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year's first, next year's third
and Eli.
That's it.
He has a ridiculous contract and turns 31 while relying on speed and quickness.

The myth is that he relies only on speed on quickness and scrambling, which he is very good at, but he hasn't been that guy for a couple seasons now. He's great in the pocket when he has more than a second before getting clobbered, he's very accurate and throws one of the nicest deep balls in the game right now. There is a reason his career QB rating is only second to Aaron Rodgers and it isn't just because he has quick feet.

He'd garner far more than a 1st and a 3rd. Far, far, more.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey look, I agree with everything you said but I also think it is irrelevant to any speculation as to whether he would leave for NY or not. I think the threat is potentially real simply because, as a couple, they seem to seek out the spotlight. And the opportunity for the spotlight is much, much bigger in NY.

So yeah, one more year on his contract and then tag him for two more years after that. So, it could be three more seasons before he is gone. But the possibility, regardless of whether it is one year, two years, or three years from now, is still very real.

I can't think of a single top QB that's left an org of his own accord during his prime. It just doesn't happen because it's next to impossible. And with the franchise tag they have to worry about him sitting out. The tag is still going to put them at around 30 mill a year anyway. They're going to extend him because it's really the best option at this point. 4 years, around 120 mill front loaded. The longer they wait the more expensive it's going to get anyway.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a chance Seattle makes this move.

It's silly to even consider. Jut look at the list of recent SB QB's. Most of them are HOF'ers to be and the ones that aren't played like they were during the postseason run.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I said about Wayne Gretzky leaving the Oilers too. Rumor was his actress wife wanted him to live in L.A. and the next thing we knew he was traded.
Janet had nothing to do with that trade. It was made because the owner (Pocklington) was broke and needed to sell his best asset to keep from going bankrupt. The Oilers also knew that they were going to lose all their stars soon anyway and that also happened. Messier, Coffey, Lowe and the rest all eventually left because Canadian small market teams couldn't compete with NY and the other big markets. The Canadian dollar was also very weak at the time.

Back to Gretzky (and this is just my own thought), I think the league may have had a hand in that too. They had bigger plans for southern Cali and other expansion in warm climates and Gretzky made LA a hockey town and changed the landscape of the NHL.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Janet had nothing to do with that trade. It was made because the owner (Pocklington) was broke and needed to sell his best asset to keep from going bankrupt. The Oilers also knew that they were going to lose all their stars soon anyway and that also happened. Messier, Coffey, Lowe and the rest all eventually left because Canadian small market teams couldn't compete with NY and the other big markets. The Canadian dollar was also very weak at the time.

Back to Gretzky (and this is just my own thought), I think the league may have had a hand in that too. They had bigger plans for southern Cali and other expansion in warm climates and Gretzky made LA a hockey town and changed the landscape of the NHL.

I agree with all of that. But what I had originally said was that at the time of the trade it was largely rumored that Janet had something to do with it because she was (at the time) a Hollywood actress and the trade happened to take Wayne to Los Angeles. I live an hour south of Edmonton and I remember people absolutely hating Janet Jones when the news broke of Gretzky going to the Kings. It turned out that Pocklington (Peter Puck) was broke like you said, but nobody knew that at the time. The Russell Wilson/Ciara rumor just kind of reminded me of that Gretzky feeling we had back then when his story broke.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The myth is that he relies only on speed on quickness and scrambling, which he is very good at, but he hasn't been that guy for a couple seasons now. He's great in the pocket when he has more than a second before getting clobbered, he's very accurate and throws one of the nicest deep balls in the game right now. There is a reason his career QB rating is only second to Aaron Rodgers and it isn't just because he has quick feet.

He'd garner far more than a 1st and a 3rd. Far, far, more.
I was reminded the Giants have a lower pick. A current 2nd or future first would have to be added to what I posted above.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year's first, next year's third
and Eli.
That's it.
He has a ridiculous contract and turns 31 while relying on speed and quickness.
Eli forced his way out of San Diego. No way in hell he accepts a trade to Seattle.
And Carroll and Schneider wouldn't take him anyway. They'd get a good laugh out of it though.

SideSwipe52

The Franchise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is not going to make a move like that, unless the Giants make them an offer that they can't refuse, like take on Russ's current contract and offer 3 or 4 first round picks.