• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan getting rings for beating Alabama

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we all just get along... sit down and enjoy a pizza?

9k_-1.0.jpg

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Louisiana-Monroe deserves a ring too.

Fair Comparison:

Alabama>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Michigan
and
Louisiana-Monroe>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Appalachian State.

So the upsets were probably about equal.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even decent is a stretch for UM. This is a team that only won 5 games the year before he took over. That is why I've tempered expectations, as we still don't have a QB. Harbaugh has only had one actual recruiting class.
I want to see what UM can be when they have an elite QB and not stop gaps.
I will say -- he was left a very good defense and having Mattison stay on board helped a ton.

Dude, I call bs. Sure mich struggled recently but they are still freakin MICHIGAN. Regardless of what Michigan was recently they are still a great program.

Hoke had great recruiting classes as did dickrod. (Even if it was for his system)

This is not even close to Harbaugh going to Stanford. I expect Mich to be in it every year with Harbs, until he ultimately leaves for the Bears. Seriously

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I call bs. Sure mich struggled recently but they are still freakin MICHIGAN. Regardless of what Michigan was recently they are still a great program.

Hoke had great recruiting classes as did dickrod. (Even if it was for his system)

This is not even close to Harbaugh going to Stanford. I expect Mich to be in it every year with Harbs, until he ultimately leaves for the Bears. Seriously

I agree wholeheartedly. Michigan is nowhere near as bad off as Stanford was. Stanford was an absolute train wreck.

I was just saying, Michigan has been hurting for the better part of a decade. They had some recruiting classes, but had a coach who didn't develop the talent. On top of that -- most of the "blue chip" recruits flopped something fierce. Derrick Green was a 5 star RB -- huge flop and not even at UM anymore. Shane Morris was one of the top QB'S in the country -- huge flop. Hell. If u look at the list of QB's. They all were terrible. Denard was the best and he was a RB playing QB. Devin Gardner was the #1 dual threat QB. Flop.

That is the one thing that excites me about Harbaugh. He should get to hand pick what QB he wants, because for whatever reason, he seems to have the midas touch with QB'S.

SD Josh Johnson 113 TD's and 14 interceptions
Stanford -- Andrew Luck #1 pick
SF -- First turned around Alex Smith's career, then made helped Kaepernick get a huge deal.
UM -- Ruddock was supposed to be a game manager but he ended up with the end most passing yards in a single season for UM (could be 3rd most)

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this change your stance on Michigan state having the score of the game where they beat Michigan on their rings? The did beat Michigan
No, because that was a regular season game. MSU put the score of the Michigan game on their bowl rings.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, because that was a regular season game. MSU put the score of the Michigan game on their bowl rings.
Putting the score of a rivalry game on a bowl victory ring is normal. Having rings made for winning a game against alabama is pretty desperate and sad. And a pretty big shot to the credibility of your crying over the MSU rings

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read the article. While I think it is silly. It doesn't have to do with beating alabama, but winning the Orange Bowl game.

All in all, I really have no idea why theyd want a ring for that anyways?

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Jordan? He lived his entire life in Ohio until his dad got moved when he was in high school. I see you really pay attention to your recruits.

And Mike Weber, while he was a good get -- wasn't a top 25 recruit in the country, nor a 5 star recruit. And as Weber himself said, "Boy, if I could do it all over again"

That being said -- it tells you the level of recruits in Ohio. Taylor is ranked 22nd nationally, but 3rd in the state of Ohio for 2018.

What the hell does it matter what they were ranked once they are on the team and competing for playing time and one a possible starting job? What a dumb thing to say. Once again, two recruits I named that came from Michigan, ready for PT for Ohio State, compared to a sophomore in high school with potential. You win...

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putting the score of a rivalry game on a bowl victory ring is normal. Having rings made for winning a game against alabama is pretty desperate and sad. And a pretty big shot to the credibility of your crying over the MSU rings
Normal huh? find me a couple of examples, I bet you will struggle finding something like that....something you consider "normal".

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normal huh? find me a couple of examples, I bet you will struggle finding something like that....something you consider "normal".
Adults not having sleep overs with high school kids

Its really not hard to find examples of normal behaviors. And extremely easy to find examples of abnormal behaviors in Ann Arbor

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adults not having sleep overs with high school kids

Its really not hard to find examples of normal behaviors. And extremely easy to find examples of abnormal behaviors in Ann Arbor
We seem to have switched topics....

I'm talking about other examples of teams putting random scores from the regular season on their bowl rings...

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We seem to have switched topics....

I'm talking about other examples of teams putting random scores from the regular season on their bowl rings...
You asked for examples of things that are normal :noidea: it's ok tho I'm here to help you

Normal putting the score of a win over a rival on a bowl championship ring

Abnormal having a ring created for a win over Alabama for no reason other than to give the illusion Michigan football is relevant

This thread is a contradiction of everything you claimed in your msu crying thread. Why don't you see programs like USC having rings made because they won a game vs Alabama. The whole thing really is kind of pathetic. Not sure why you would want a thread for this I would be embarrassed if USC did that. And you've gone against everything you ranted about in the other thread someone should really bump that thread smdh :L

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You asked for examples of things that are normal :noidea: it's ok tho I'm here to help you

Normal putting the score of a win over a rival on a bowl championship ring

Abnormal having a ring created for a win over Alabama for no reason other than to give the illusion Michigan football is relevant

This thread is a contradiction of everything you claimed in your msu crying thread. Why don't you see programs like USC having rings made because they won a game vs Alabama. The whole thing really is kind of pathetic. Not sure why you would want a thread for this I would be embarrassed if USC did that. And you've gone against everything you ranted about in the other thread someone should really bump that thread smdh :L

Find me other examples of the bolded.

And as I pointed out, this was not done by the school -- this was done by the group of players who won that game.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Find me other examples of the bolded.

And as I pointed out, this was not done by the school -- this was done by the group of players who won that game.
Give me an example of how a rivalry game on a bowl ring doesn't hold more relevance over a win over Alabama. This is your gaff not mine