• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post Draft Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not Stevie, I know it's a lot to live up to. But I figured I'd give it a shot. But I just don't have the same barbs and snark.
============================================================
Glad we are finally back at it.

I missed this.

Even Guru napping through his picks and asking if he's up after multiple updates already telling him that. Dude needs to get a job or something...

And this is tough without the Snarkiest of the bunch here to do it, but bear with me as I give it my best shot.

This year things started normal with the first round going RB heavy, and then the round 2 WR run.

The lack of QB run made this draft different from most. Pretty much since year 1 way back in 2004.

Also the lack of picture posts during this draft was abhorrent. Teams should be docked for the lack of good photos. I'll be getting with Scott later this week to discuss the appropriate penalties going forward.

Overall Impression of my team:
This is one of my more interesting teams, looks different than most of my others. While my keepers are in the bottom tier for this year, I felt I did a better job letting the draft come to me and just picking guys. I like picking on the edges because I can’t try to guess who comes back, I have to assume who I don’t is gone each time. My main QBs should be churning out yards on the ground as well. My backups…less so. Really like my depth that I had to get without much of an idea what to expect from Watson. But Donaldson and Davis should be horses. Marks in the Barby offense is fun, and we know he’ll catch passes too. I like to think I got the TCU back (although DC has the other guy…) and even Joyner should be a spot startable guy. I think I have more proven depth at WR than I’ve ever had. I got guys who should be clear #1s in offenses that will throw the ball.

Favorite Pick of Mine: Before the betting stuff came out it might’ve been Noel. But because of that, I’m going Rozner. A good QB, a good offense, and we saw what Anae did with Wicks after he did nothing. Rozner has been a dude before. And his size should mean TDs.

Least Favorite Pick of Mine: My double digit round QBs. I hated doubling up on Arizona State. But after I lost morris I didn’t see a ton of value at QB so I let it slide. I also passed on some QBs who had terrible matchups during my top 2 guys bye weeks even if I had them higher on my board. Thorne should be playable in the Freeze offense

Favorite picks of other teams:

LeQuint Allen, End Zone Divas - I couldn’t touch this guy because I already had Shrader and it’s just a tough combo to roll with. But I had allen as the higher RB left on my board when I drafted Ray Davis. Letting him fall this far is a boon for the Divas.

Jamahl Banks, Skeet Shooters - a guy I considered with my pick in round 2. Wake WR is usually rather productive, and since the QB went fairly early as well, I don’t think that’s the concern here. A shrewd pick by JB, who continues his hot streak that started the second half of last year.

Jamari Thrash, Waxy Frogs - This is a good offense with a QB who is familiar with Brohm’s system, and a WR who fits it well. Very smart pick. They also are likely to be throwing alot this year playing from behind.

Carson Steele, Skeet Shooters - JB goes back to the well to get a more talented back in that beloved Chip Kelly system. Steele was another guy who easily could’ve gone in round 2 or 3 IMO.

Chandler Morris, End Zone Divas - I think Morris was a great get here, and was better than at least 4 or 5 of the QBs picked ahead of him. He outplayed Duggan before he got hurt last year and they just added Briles. And yet some teams took guys who may not even take meaningful snaps in September…

TJ Harden/DJ Giddens/Elijah Green, Smurf Turfers & Orgy of Evil & End Zone Divas - I like all 3 of these guys as they have legit chances to win jobs and bring back early round return on investment. Harden is the most talented and in the best system. Giddens is in a good system and could easily will the RB1 job outright, and his competition is injury prone (best opportunity). And Green finished the year strong, and could be a nice get here. There are risks with guys sharing as there’s clearly plenty of talent is in these backfields

Least Favorite picks:

Johnny Wilson/Keon Coleman, Dawgfathers - Johnny Coleman is talented. And has size. But he wasn’t that consistent last year and the last relevant Florida St wide receiver might’ve been during the Obama Administration. If not Bush.

Malachi Nelson, California Raisins - You have a 26 man roster. You do not need to take a pure keeper place this early. Navin was having a really strong draft (with good keepers to boot) until this point.

Ryan O’keefe, Skeet Shooters - I don’t buy that he’s the #1 guy there. Not yet at least. He would be worth this pick if he is.

Malik Benson, California Raisins - I don’t know if he’s the #1, or who the Bama QB is. It’s a lot of risk for me at this point in the draft. Especially when brooks quite a few rounds later and probably has similar upside.

Dante Cephus, Waxy Frogs - Is he even the #1? KeAndre looked like he could become the dude. Plus…they’re going to run the ball 400 times. Is there enough passing yards here for a guy to go now?

Julian Fleming/Marshawn Lloyd, Dawgfathers & Smurf Turfers - I don’t think either are bad value, but drafting JB’s kids right out from under him is poor form. JB stuck with those guys for years, he should’ve gotten to keep the family together. Q is against the division of family units, even in S12.

Athan Kaliakmanis, Skeet Shooters - Imagine going all in on the Minnesota offense…no one would possibly be that crazy, right? RIGHT?!?!?!

Team by Team Breakdown:

Asian Alley Cats:
You can’t argue with the results every year from there. The champ is the champ until he’s knocked out. Although I do have to question his choice of black font on the background when I use dark mode. The QB position is heavily required on Armstrong getting back to form, but I think he does. That was a good pick. His backs have two bell cows and two young guys looking to make the next leap. I bet at least one of them does. If he’s right about Cook, Hampton or Blue this is a killer stable of backs. Losing Green at WR hurts but I also think Coleman has a real chance to be an asset. If Walker is out, Greene could become the guy at UNC. Can’t argue with Worthy and Brown is going to be a key piece for them, with Coen and Leary in town their WRs might not be worthless again. But the champ is the champ until he gets knocked off.

Orgy of Evil:
Caleb Williams and Bo Nix is the best QB duo in the league, and one of the best ever. It’s borderline unfair that my better twin has such a good QB set. At RB OB took a lot of guys who may share time. I had the Bama RB last year and they shared more than I wanted, and idk who they go with having a new OC. This is definitely the soft underbelly of the team. At Receiver he started out strong with Odunze and Golden, another top duo. I’m not sure on Gadsden or Thornton where he took them, but he also got lambert-smith later than he should’ve. Collins, Baker and Prather could all be the guy for their teams and pauling is getting rave reviews at camp. Some shrewd waiver trades and a little luck at the back end of his WR rotation and this could be a top team.

End Zone Divas:
I really like this QB room. Morris was a good pick where he got him and I think he got the Bama QB with his 2 picks. That doesn’t even get into his top QBs who both come from good systems and have ample talent to throw to. I think Estime and Allen are a huge duo with little competition. I liked Allen alot and he’d be on my roster if I wasn’t stuck with Shrader as a keeper. One of the best picks of the entire draft. Brooks sounds like the guy in Texas as well…that could be another home run. I have no idea what to expect with Colorado, but owning them and Tennesee means you have some pluggable spot guys. At receiver tony has alot of guys who can be the #1, but not a ton of guarantees besides Badger. I think Young and Mumpfield can break out, but I think this position comes down to squirrel.

California Raisins:
Navin…Navin…Navin. Good start with Klubnik but the rest of that QB room has risk. Ewers was only ok despite a loaded cast. Plummer and Slovis are just guys, curious if they finally do something on their…checks notes….third homes each. And don’t get me started on Nelson….we have 26 roster spots, top 10 round pure keepers is a bannable offense. This RB room could be sick. Judkins was the obvious pick and getting Edwards at the back end of round 2 is something. I’m not sure what parrish and Brock do, both are bigger risks. Diggs im’ not sure he gets enough red zone touches to star, but if he does that’s a great pick. The back end is pure navin taking guys who need a lot of break right. Really hard to argue with his big 2 WRs Egbuka and Teta. both are gonna get alot of TDs. A LOT. I’m not crazy about Benson where he took them and I have no clue what to make of the OK State receivers anymore. I don't’ see a ton of help beyond that in this WR room. Bryant is a fun late round flier.

Waxy Frogs:
Waxy started off with the brutal decision to keep Ott over Cowing, and I think that set him back from the jump. Travis and Jalon Daniels are a fine duo. I thought Jackson would go a bit later, but has nice upside with his legs and good receivers and a deep RB room. Very smart to get DJU and Mordecai late as both can be spot starters if Jackson faceplants. The RB room starts with how much Ott and Ward share. Shipley was the easy pick at his point in the draft, but the other 2 just need to get plenty of carries. Tuten will be interesting and will be needed. Ellison and smith were solid value as well. But I think that stable lacks upside outside of Shipley. We should just be happy he didnt’ load up on RBs from anemic offenses…again. The WRs..man if you had Cow here this would be a killer trio with Nabers and Thrash. Williams and dike should start and Mosely was a sleeper of mine. Lots of catches available there. I did not like Cephas, I think PSU runs too much to take him there, and i think Lambert is the guy. His top 2 will carry most of the way though.

Winsley’s Warriors:
Guru was barely awake during this draft and needed extra secret bonuses to make sure he didn't’ start out behind everyone. The QB room has 4 QBs who are very guru, solid, without a ton of upside, and then there’s Sanders. I don’t think Sanders goes back to him so I get it. That’s just a huge swing. The QB room is relying on him to be a star. I thought Hemby went early but maybe keeper value made the move for him. But not an awful pick. Mockabee and Neal are solid and should run more. Milton, Garwo and Brooks are all very meltser safe picks. It’s just his style. WR with Franklin and Burden provides some fun upside but not the guarantee you need, but I think Franklin could breakout as Nix may run less just to avoid injuries. Stewart was a good get. The USC WR room is so loaded that I’m curious who breaks out. I don’t know if Guru has the upside up and down his roster right now. But this is the guy who took Mendenhall 4 rounds earlier than anyone else and rode him to a title.

Last edited:

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drunk Jocks:
Sick keepers really got the Druck Jocks off on the right foot. Then he starts with a rock solid trio of QBs. I’m curious how Rogers does. But he he should be playable, and ideally throwing to Marks alot still ( :) ). Still, the lack of ground game there means he needs big passing numbers from everyone. Absolutely loaded RB room with Allen/Jackson/Smith/Reese. And Norton could give him serious depth. Pace was a solid gamble as well. Red snow went a little more high risk outside of harrison. Franklin’s knee injury and uncertainty at Tech mean that this WR lacks high upset depth. The RB room and being able to play matchup at QB will carry this team to contender status. The WR room may not have enough juice to it unless Oklahoma has a monster year in the air.

Dawgfathers:
One of the more interesting rosters in the league IMO. Lots of variance. Jefferson and Ward are both playable and finished strong. Plumlee and Leary are wildcards and I like the dart throw on Morton since Shough has proven he can’t be trusted to stay healthy. At RB doubling up on Ohio St will be an interesting choice. It could easily be as useful as Maroney and Barber were in year 1 of this league. Harvey should be a solid get as well, especially with the way he catches the ball. Skattebo and Jones could be key for this unit as both could start, even if they aren’t right now. Cam Davis was a good get so late as well. But the Ohio St boys will carry this unit. We know what I think of the florida state receivers, but Singer is going to be good, really good. He has a lot of dart throws here. I think MLC will be like Teta numbers at Zona last year. Fleming could breakout in a supporting role like other OSU WRs, although with so much RB talent they may throw less than usual. Brooks could easily be the guy at bama…it’s just a lot of uncertainty, especially since Bama could start a run first QB.

Blind Squirrels:
The new guy in town started with some good keepers and went with mostly mobile QBs. Very Stevie like. Although he would banish you into the depths of hell for putting the Iowa QB on his roster…As long as Hunter is back the RB room should be solid. Irving is an anchor, Johnson is back with most of his OL back. McCray looked like the heir to brown last year before injury and the northwestern RB has been a solid spot to own for years now. If Hunter comes back he should be fine here. That doesn't’ even include having Berger who could win his job, and a good job handcuffing Alston to Hunter. His WRs are wait and see with Walker’s transfer denied. With him, with McMillan Bradley Mitchell and Horn, that’s a deep crop of guys who should put some points on the board. Great kicker.

Smurf Turfers:
For a guy who likes to pace himself drafting, he loves QBs who can move. Multiple QBs who will score on the ground. Rattler’s poor OC is a concern for me, but he’s going to throw it. And with no INT penalty that matters less here. Absurd RB room. Corum coming back was a boon for him. Sanders was the right call at his slot in the draft. Lloyd and Wiley should get toches and I really like the Johnson pick. Even harden could be the guy. I don’t love the WR room, a lot of it is guys who play rotations or on anemic offenses that could dry up. JP Richardson might be my favorite pick value wise. Wells should be fine. Even chase roberts is a good flier. Two kickers seems a bit much with so many ways to add them. But really, the last 6 or 7 rounds just throwing darts at rivals recruiting lists was a bold strategy Cotton, lets see how it works out for them.

Skeet Shooters:
Two good QB situations, but not handcuffing Shough less than ideal. With those 2 situations locked in you’d feel a lot better about a QB room that has the Minnesota QB and a true freshman who can hide behind lamp posts on campus. Absolutely loe the RB room assuming Steele is the guy. Singleton/Hammond/Steele/Tyler all will be run heavy offenses. Liked the late round fliers on some talented backs who might win jobs, even if they’re currently underdogs. Cowing and Banks are a great 1-2 at WR. jennings and Shepperad should be the #1s on meh offenses with worse QBs. But they’ll get targets. I’m not sure what O’keefe is the guy, has some upside but I doubt he’s Zay. Like the fliers on Harris and Teslaa…and we all knew JB was getting Hunter…But seriously….who goes all in on Minnesota?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few things from me.

Analysis of my own team- I am happy with the way things went. I think for the most part in a soul 12 league you should be afterall it is your draft. I know last year the one thing that irrirated me about my team was that my RB picks early on were horrible. I got NOTHING out of Byron Cardwell and Jaylon Knighton. I actually sort of regretted those picks as the draft went on thinking about how deep the Oregon backfield was with Cardwell showing flashes but not proven yet and then with Knighton just sort of thinking I may have over valued him a little. In fairness I felt like the RB value in that area last year was all pretty similar with risks and many of the others taken around that area also flopped anyway. Anyway, it seems when something irritates us about our team we may focus on that a bit more the next year. I did that a little bit with RB as I seem to do pretty good at drafting WR's later on so I took a little bit different approach. I think Benson and Martinez are good starts to my RB core. Both really saved my RB core last year and they were probably the difference in me winning the championship last year as they started to become every week playable starters when I needed them the most last year in the playoff and championship push. The others like Henry Parrish (who I picked up when Knighton got hurt) gave me a little something but my WR's and QB's really carries me and then the emergence of Benson and Martinez when they finally gave them full throttle at the end of the year really was the difference in pushing me through. Anywho, back to my point. So this year with many of the WR's I liked in this draft I knew I could wait on and take later I loaded up a bit more on RB's. I am very high on Trevor Etienne and Ollie Gordon and they were guys I targeted coming into the draft. I took Ollie and then when my pick came back around I really stressed if now was the time to take Trevor Etienne or not. I didn't see amazing value at WR when I was OTC with that pick and knowing the other WR's I was targetting would be around after him I went ahead and called his name at the podium. Amount of carries is a little bit of a concern but I think he should really increase his load this year. They were much better with the ball in his hands. The OL at UF is also a concern but it should be improved thanks to the transfer portal. (not saying it will be great, but last year it was brutally bad)..

All in all I felt like I got the guys I really wanted. That doesn't mean my team is going to be great it just means thinks worked out the way I was hoping. I think a lot of my players I wanted this year probably fell below where most people would value them so the tough part for me was knowing when to take the guys I had really targeted. If something slipped through that I didn't expect to be there I wanted to remain open minded. Brennan Armstrong is one guy I never thought I would end up with but I really saw a big fall off after him at QB with the assumption he will be better then last year with the his former O-Cord re-joining him at NC State. UVA really did a horrible job with the tools they had at UVA last year which was much of the same the year before when they had one of the more explosive offenses in college football. Hoping and thinking that was a coaching difference with Armstrong last year with plenty of weapons for him at NC State.

I think my riskiest pick was Andre Greene JR. Just a big fan of his and the thing is I felt when I took him he is the type of pick I am taking maybe way earlier then I need to but hear me out. I had pinpointed about the next 5 players I wanted at that pick. I thought all or most of them would be around at least for my next 4-5 picks so I am not sure the order mattered so much. I ended up taking 5 WR's in a row (Savion Williams, Andre Greene, Xavier Restrepo, Jaden Bray, Kevin Coleman) mostly because I felt strong at RB and these were the next 5 guys on my board that I wanted to selected. I just really had to determine the order. I got a little nervous that someone may surprise me with a Greene pick because at that time it seemed like it was a round where people were drafting guys with lower value but higher potential so I considered that when picking the order I took these guys in. One thing I think is fun about the Soul 12 draft is that when you get to this point of the draft you have the guys you want and sometimes you know your board is probably way different then other members of this league, you have to come up with the order and there is a chance you will lose a guy or two and pick the wrong order but you still know there is a good chance that no matter what order you take them in there is also a strong chance you could get all of them. That is what happened to me with this point of the draft. I had the 5 guys I wanted and every one of them was there for me when I picked. It was more about picking the order and being lucky about picking the right order or maybe it didn't matter because maybe nobody wanted any of these 5 during this stage of the draft. :) I felt Greene may be the one I could wait on the longest but I also felt he was one that I would probably regret the most if I missed out because I really liked following his recruiting and what I saw in him and he was 100% in my plans this draft. I didn't want to risk it so I just pulled the trigger earlier then I probably needed to. At the end of the day it worked out because the guys I would have taken before him I ended up getting anyway and that is what I love about the Soul-12 draft. Boards become so different at this stage of the draft and that can be REALLY good for you or REALLY bad for you. (Looking at Q, he could have saved me the Antonio Harmon tragedy last year)

Side note: The most stress I put on myself this draft was

Round 6- Etienne pick... Could I wait? Should I wait? Still got the guy I would have taken in Rd 6 so it worked out.
Round 11- Greene Jr pick. Too early? Do I wait and switch the order of players I wanted? It ended up working out for me with what I wanted to do.
Round 24- Bond pick... (My last pick, this is it folks, no going back.. I narrowed it down from 16 to 13 to 8 to 5 to 3.5 to 2.5 to practically typing in another players name to changing my mind at the last second again.

My boring Guru like picks probably- Gabe Ervin and Carson Beck. I was looking for boring safe stability there.

Anyway, Sorry to bore you with the rundown of my draft and how I went about it... Let's get to the other picks. I am not going to do a rundown of each team Q did that. One comment to his analysis though. "Maybe Troy Franklin will break out"... As the proud owner of Troy Franklin last year.... He already broke out last year.... I like that pick for Guru.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Message was too long so had to copy and paste.

Picks I liked based off where they went.
Aidan Robbins, RB, BYU- I think he has the chance to be a heavy TD producer for BYU. BYU is a little bit of an unknown to me this year after being a little erratic last year after normal consistency but I liked this pick where he was taken.

J. Michael Sturdivant, WR, UCLA- A lot of this depends on what UCLA does at QB but I think the FR should end up starting there and form a good bond here. Sturdivant really came on late last year with a spotty QB and I think his best football is about to come. I would have actually not risked losing him and taken hm ahead of Hunter when Q was deciding between the two but it worked out fine. I think Q would have been kicking himself had he lost him while taking Hunter before him.

LeQuint Allen, RB, Syrause- Same reasons Q lists above. Undervalued in this draft and maybe around the nation. I do wonder if Shrader will run a little less this year with his injury history and that might mean more tuddy's for Allen.

Jonathon Brooks, RB, Texas- There is some risk involved here given the Texas RB situation. However, Brooks ability to catch the ball and pass protect screams immediate play to me. Texas has 3 talented backs. Had I not taken Gordon and Etienne this is the guy I very likely could have gone next. I just thought there is very small margain or error for Brooks in that backfield whereas Gordon and Etienne I think have a little more breathing room behind them. One missed step or broken fingernail and Brooks could lose this job but he should get first crack at it given what he is capable of doing not just when handed the football and I think he does all the little things where he could keep that job. Either way all 3 backs are going to get involved but Brooks is probably the most ready to go in and help the team from an all around standpoint right now. I wouldn't have taken him any earlier then he went given what is behind him but it seems like he gets the least hype when he is probably the most dependable... Underrated RB this year, IMO. The problem is you have to keep all 3 involved and how do they balance that?

Keandre Smith-Lambert- WR- I don't know that he posts crazy #1 PSU WR numbers like some of the PSU WR's have in the past as I think PSU will run a ton this year given their RB situation and young QB but I do think he is the #1 WR at PSU and I think Allar is a terrific talent in which this offense is still going to want to utilize his passing ability and the run game is going to open up the field for Smith-Lambert to stretch the field. He probably won't have GOPS of catches and I think Cephas and him could put up similar catch numbers but I think with his ability to stretch the field, he is going to be more of the go to guy and put up decent numbers in that offense which makes him a good value pick here.

Cartevious Norton, RB, Iowa State- I don't think ISU is going to be to good of a team this year but I do think they can run the ball well and while Brock is still a decent RB and should get the loaf.. He still isn't healthy and I think Norton is the better RB with a second year under his belt to take off a bit more this year. I was actually surprised/impressed that Norton went ahead of Brock but I think it was the right move. I think if it wasn't for the Brock injury, Norton could have been even a bigger steal for someone later on in the draft in which I think Brock would have gone ahead of him and Norton would have ended up the better pick.

Ramel Keyton (Mad at myself because I really had planned to take him as a late round flyer after watching him last year in games UT was blowing teams out in and he reminded me of Jalen Hyatt the year before. Hyatt was a guy I planned to draft late last year and he ended up going before I expected (still late) but I thought I could use one of my last picks on him. As the draft went on he slipped my mind because I had drafted 5 WR's in a row and UT has a lot of WR's so I just sorta forgot about him. In fariness I think like Hyatt, I was probably going to take him after where he went so it wouldn't have mattered I was going to lose out anyway, but he totally slipped out of my mind when thinking about my final 6 picks or so. I had a list with chicken scratches on it and knew my route until about my last 4 picks and then I started to use it as a reminder of ideas of players I wanted to draft for my last few picks. Maybe he had slipped back into my mind when I made my Rd 23 and 24 picks. He was a guy I had told myself I wanted to take late but just totally lost track of that though.

Other noteable- DJ Giddens, Tre Mosley, Jermaine Burton, Isaac Teslaa, DJ Uiagalelei (had I not had all the WR's I wanted still available he would have been taken by me) Conner Weigman, Simpson/Milroe, Reggie Love, Behren Morton (sneaky because of Shough's injury history), Noah Cain (honestly didn't think about the LSU RB situation all that much and then I saw he was selected and forget he was still in college)

I am sure I forgot others I want to add here but I am already making this too long and nobody is probably reading anymore.

Picks I didn't like

Antwane Wells, WR, South Carolina- I know he is super talented but I don't know that he will put up consistent fantasy numbers to go where he did. I do like South Carolina more this year then I have in years past but I think fantasy wise they could be a little up and down.

Malik Benson, WR, Alabama- Too early for my taste. The upside is good I just don't know what to make of the Alabama WR situation. They still have talented guys returning from last year who may be healthier. However, I think Navin did a good job of also grabbing Jermaine Burton whose value really fell this year because chances are 1 of the 2 should be a decent fantasy player.

Marshawn Lloyd, RB, USC- I just have a hard time getting into injury prone RB's who have other good RB's behind him with more time on the roster then Lloyd and a QB on the roster who Lincoln Riley is basically married to and runs him at the GL any opportunity he gets. I just don't know that the upside is there with the situation he is in. Now, Travis Dye was a pretty good fantasy back last year in the same situation as Lloyd so maybe none of this even makes sense.

FSU WR's- It isn't that I didn't like these picks it might be that I didn't like drafting both of them to the same team. Now I like both Wilson and Coleman. Actually, adore Coleman... Think he is the shizzle. He was fun last year even with a spotty QB. However, I am not sure I take two FSU WR's at that part of the draft. It is still pretty early and they should run a lot with Travis and Benson. In fairness both of these guys are VERY talented so maybe one REALLY puts up the majority of the passing offense numbers and it pans out. I would just be a little concerned in this situation that you are never able to judge which one to start on which week because they sorta flip when they have the better week from each other and it might become a little irritating if that happens. I had this situation once with Clemson WR Artavis Scott and Mike Williams. The one would go off for 7-120-1 then the other would be at 3-20-0 and then they would flip the next week. That would be my one concern with these picks and taking them both near the same juncture of the draft. I especially LOVE Coleman. I just wonder is Travis a good enough passer to hit it big one one of these? Given their ability to run the ball it might be hard to depend on it week in and week out.

Payton Thorne- I think you can probably get the same QB a few rounds later. I don't see him running a lot and I am not sure Auburn passes a lot. He had solid WR's at Michigan State with inconsistent numbers but if you start him on the right week he can be ok. It all depends on how his schedule falls/when he is needed. I do think he beats out Robby Ashford but there is also that chance he doesn't even start.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone actually read all of the above I apologize for any grammar errors. Got tired of typing and didn't really care to go back and fix anything. I probably typed and erased twice as much as I typed. At some point I had to just stop and hit reply.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing. The drafted just didn't feel the same without 75% of Q's roster being players on Oklahoma State, Mississippi State and Washington State.

Could this be the first year in Soul 12 history Q didn't draft anyone from Oklahoma State?

When I think of Q I think of Oklahoma State and Mike Leach.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matter of fact when I was in Stillwater, OK last week I was expecting to run into Q.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing. The drafted just didn't feel the same without 75% of Q's roster being players on Oklahoma State, Mississippi State and Washington State.

Could this be the first year in Soul 12 history Q didn't draft anyone from Oklahoma State?

When I think of Q I think of Oklahoma State and Mike Leach.

Sad.

There only two I wanted you took

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am curious what Alan Bowman will do at Oklahoma State.

I think after all of his injuries and the transfers where it seems like he has been in college for 25 years, yet feels like we haven't actually seen him play for 10 years, it is lost that at one time he was a very impressive passer. He just can't stay healthy, he hasn't played in a few years at this point and he is like 47 years old now.

I feel like he was a FR way back in the day when Poni05 was in this league.

For real.. Anyone who was drafted the year I went to Portland, OR (year before Covid) and is still being drafted today feels like they have been around forever.

That was the same year I drafted LSU RB John Emery who I was high on and drafted him early as a FR.. It feels weird to me that he is still draftable in Soul 12 and finally after 4 years of being drafted in this thing and not amounting to anything we have finally given up as a group from drafting him. Every year it seems like he has eligibility concerns and in an era where people transfer who shouldn't transfer he still sticks with LSU.

SportsGuru5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall thoughts on my team:
  • Weak keepers, especially compared to last season
  • I didn't have a chance to prepare as much due to work + vacation during much of the draft, so we'll see if less knowledge hurts me during the season
  • I thought my team last year was one of the better versions, despite the results/injuries. I liked having a variety of legitimately viable starting QBs on the roster, so that was a goal of mine this year, even if the upside may be limited.
  • Any success I have probably depends on how Shadeur Sanders works out
  • My RBs will be a concern all year, which is a major downside of not having an RB keeper. I need 1 of the Neal/Milton/Garwo trio to have a strong season
  • I actually do like my WRs, but I am betting on some younger/upside guys to pan out. I tried to have a mix of upside + reliable players here to provide viable starting options each week

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The injury bug hit the Winsley Warriors pretty hard last year. You had a solid team. Jaxon Smith-Njigba was basically a wash last season after using the #1 overall pick on him. That was some bad luck.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the worst part about the end of Soul 12 is Q always seems grumpy when it is over.

Red Snow

Hoopla Cash
$ 769.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will keep this short with the picks I liked and didn't like.

Remember, this means nothing.

Picks I liked
Ollie Gordon, RB, Oklahoma State (Draft Crazy)
Dont'e Thornton, WR, Tennessee (Orgy of Evil)
Josh McCray, RB, Illinois (Blind Squirrels)
Alton McCaskill, RB, Colorado (End Zone Divas)
Austin Jones, RB, USC (Dawgfathers)
Ty Simpson, QB, Alabama (End Zone Divas)
Jayden Thomas, WR, Notre Dame (SportsGuru)
Moose Muhammad III, WR, Texas A&M (Draft Crazy)

Picks I didn't like
DT Sheffield, WR, Washington State (Smurf Turfers)
Jeremiah Hunter, WR, California (Heisman Hopefuls)
Ryan O'Keefe, WR, Boston College (Skeet Shooters)
Cedric Baxter, RB, Texas (Orgy of Evil)
Jarquez Hunter, RB, Auburn (Blind Squirrels)

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will keep this short with the pick I liked and didn't like.

Remember, this means nothing.

Picks I liked
Ollie Gordon, RB, Oklahoma State (Draft Crazy)
Dont'e Thornton, WR, Tennessee (Orgy of Evil)
Josh McCray, RB, Illinois (Blind Squirrels)
Alton McCaskill, RB, Colorado (End Zone Divas)
Austin Jones, RB, USC (Dawgfathers)
Ty Simpson, QB, Alabama (End Zone Divas)
Jayden Thomas, WR, Notre Dame (SportsGuru)
Moose Muhammad III, WR, Texas A&M (Draft Crazy)

Pick I didn't like
DT Sheffield, WR, Washington State (Smurf Turfers)
Jeremiah Hunter, WR, California (Heisman Hopefuls)
Ryan O'Keefe, WR, Boston College (Skeet Shooters)
Cedric Baxter, RB, Texas (Orgy of Evil)
Jarquez Hunter, RB, Auburn (Blind Squirrels)

Red snow not liking one of my wr picks is an annual tradition. Lol

Red Snow

Hoopla Cash
$ 769.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All in all I thought everyone did a good job in this draft. Now it comes down to health and playing your strategy right. Honestly, was hard to find picks " I didn't like" because this is mostly about preference and trying to project what will happen so I think any of these picks can be justified. I included Hunter due to the suspension being an unknown.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot to mention one of my very favorite picks in the draft. I know he will be the third option so it isn't like this was a RED HOT find but I think Montana Lemonius-Craig is the cats meow and given the right week when Hoey has to or wants to start him, or an injury at ZONA, he could be a solid flyer late. I wouldn't have expected him to go any earlier but I love the upside that late.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am curious what Alan Bowman will do at Oklahoma State.

I think after all of his injuries and the transfers where it seems like he has been in college for 25 years, yet feels like we haven't actually seen him play for 10 years, it is lost that at one time he was a very impressive passer. He just can't stay healthy, he hasn't played in a few years at this point and he is like 47 years old now.

I feel like he was a FR way back in the day when Poni05 was in this league.

For real.. Anyone who was drafted the year I went to Portland, OR (year before Covid) and is still being drafted today feels like they have been around forever.

That was the same year I drafted LSU RB John Emery who I was high on and drafted him early as a FR.. It feels weird to me that he is still draftable in Soul 12 and finally after 4 years of being drafted in this thing and not amounting to anything we have finally given up as a group from drafting him. Every year it seems like he has eligibility concerns and in an era where people transfer who shouldn't transfer he still sticks with LSU.

Bowman is trying to catch Brandon Weeden and Chris Weinke as oldest fucks to play QB in CFB.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowman is trying to catch Brandon Weeden and Chris Weinke as oldest fucks to play QB in CFB.

JT Daniels isn't far behind.

I think Jake Bentley and Charlie Brewer made a strong push as well. ;)

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JT Daniels isn't far behind.

I think Jake Bentley and Charlie Brewer made a strong push as well. ;)

Gonna be hard to beat the Weinke. Guy was a 25 year old freshman, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.