• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Mock Draft 2024

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all in on Sweat. He's on the Bengals radar too.

Rather, I talked myself to be all in on Sweat because no way Murphy falls that far.

Two very different DTs. The fact that they played together worries me that their individual stats/highlights might be inflated. Sweat still showed well at the Senior bowl though.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Williams is a lock for the #1 pick, the rest seem to be up for grabs. I stole many of my predictions from other mock drafts, so this will likely look familiar to some of the predictions out there already. The reality is that it is not likely to happen simply because I am predicting this outcome. :D

What's your call? Anything bold you could see happening in the draft next month? Please don't mock me too loud on this mock draft. :L

1) Caleb Williams - Chicago Bears
2) Jayden Williams - Washington Commanders (I think they will go with the flashier QB that is still available)
3) JJ McCarthy - New England (The Pats buy into the hype)
4) Drake Maye - Minnesota Vikings (they immediately trade up with Arizona to get him)
5) Marvin Harrison - LA Chargers (Harbaugh gets a HUGE piece to his offense)
6) Malik Nabors - NY Giants (probably another year away from drafting a QB in NY, so they go ahead and get a game breaking WR)
7) Joe Alt - Tennessee Titans (boring pick, but should help bolster the O-Line for years to come)
8) Dallas Turner - Atlanta Falcons (The offense is set, time to build up the defense)
9) Rome Odunze - Arizona via a trade with Chicago (The Cardinals use some of their draft capital to move up and get a nice WR)
10) Taliese Fuaga - NY Jets (They begin to build their O-Line for the future and hope that he can help them with Rodgers this season)
11) Jared Verse - Chicago Bears via Arizona trading up (Bears build the defense)
12) Quinyon Mitchell - Green Bay via Denver (Green Bay makes a big move up the draft to get a big player on defense)
13) JC Latham - LV Raiders (Begin to build up the O-Line)
14) Brock Bowers - NO Saints (HUGE mid round pick...I'm not sure he will last this long though)
15) Brian Thomas - Colts (they add a nice WR to help Richardson)

I think that Denver gets Bo Nix at #25 (the GB trade).
Pretty sure you got the Pats all wrong. 1. They would likely take Maye over McCarthy. 2. I suspect they will trade down once maybe twice in round 1.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 358013
on your laziness :becky:
No positions by names for those of us stupid on college players Names. Shame on you :heh: (Now I had to do research on names instead being allowed to be lazy)
Also being lazy on Cowboys pick. Every Mock has Cowboys taking a LT because we lost ours. No forethought at all.
Our weakest position is Center. So if we go offense in the 1st I agree it will be OL but should be whoever the top center on the board is.

Question would be, does the next Cowboys center need to the one projected in the first? They could get quality options on day 2 and possibly later, depending on how quickly they need their pick to start. There are some options that played predominantly tackle but are projected inside to G and/or C that could cover multiple options for them, like Burton, Puni, McCormick, Bartolini, Turner, etc.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree not in the 1st (although I wouldn't put it past Seattle), but they'd be 100% playing it correctly with Penix sitting a year and letting Geno start.

McCarthy and Penix can probably be the best QBs of this class, but they 100% require sitting for their first year. Daniels is Fields 2.0, Williams is Ryan Leaf 2.0, Maye could be good but sadly will be forced to start on a shit ass team (especially if Wash drafts him). McCarthy will get drafted by the Vikings which will be a fuckin' disaster.

I would be surprised if any of the top 6 QBs makes it to Seattle in the 2nd.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s why I think they aren’t going all in on a QB this season. Payton has a long runway in Denver. He knows he has to build through the draft because of the salary cap problems the next few years. It would likely take 3 full bad seasons before he would see the hot seat. So he has time.

I like Nix and think he could be a very good QB, but he won’t get that chance unless he has a solid team around him. The best case scenario for him, in my opinion, is Denver trading back, getting 3-4 nice picks in return, and then getting him late in the 1st round. Just my two cents.

Does Denver have a "nice team" to put around him? I'm not sold on their receivers and Javonte seems to get hurt every year. Regardless, Denver needs a QB pretty badly after jettisoning Wilson, so they're not really in position to wait (unless they're bigger on Stidham than most would be).

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Denver have a "nice team" to put around him? I'm not sold on their receivers and Javonte seems to get hurt every year. Regardless, Denver needs a QB pretty badly after jettisoning Wilson, so they're not really in position to wait (unless they're bigger on Stidham than most would be).
I'm not sure I said "nice team" in that quote, although maybe I said it somewhere else in this thread. They were in the playoff hunt in December with an 8-9 last year with wins against the Bills, Chiefs, Browns and Packers. They also lost games to the Raiders, Pats, Jets, and Commanders. I think they have a decent chance to be a playoff team, although they've got a rough schedule:

(Noteworthy games)
@ Cincy
@ Baltimore
KC (2)
Atlanta
Cleveland
@ Chargers
Pitt
@ TB

What I was saying above with the "best case scenario" is that if they can get Nix (if he is still on the board late in the first round), with the picks they acquire by trading back, they may be able to surround him with some decently high rookies and hope they hit on a few of them being solid starters out of the gate. Denver's problem is that they have to build through rookies a year or two due to the salary cap problems that Russell's contract will have on them. They are short on high end picks this year, and it really would do them good to trade back, imo.

It may be better if they simply grade back and just acquire picks and roll with Stidham. If he fails, they will have a high pick next year that could get them the QB they need. If he is successful, then they didn't have to use a high pick on a QB...although they would then have to pay him in 2025 as this is the last year of his cheap contract.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I said "nice team" in that quote, although maybe I said it somewhere else in this thread. They were in the playoff hunt in December with an 8-9 last year with wins against the Bills, Chiefs, Browns and Packers. They also lost games to the Raiders, Pats, Jets, and Commanders. I think they have a decent chance to be a playoff team, although they've got a rough schedule:

(Noteworthy games)
@ Cincy
@ Baltimore
KC (2)
Atlanta
Cleveland
@ Chargers
Pitt
@ TB

What I was saying above with the "best case scenario" is that if they can get Nix (if he is still on the board late in the first round), with the picks they acquire by trading back, they may be able to surround him with some decently high rookies and hope they hit on a few of them being solid starters out of the gate. Denver's problem is that they have to build through rookies a year or two due to the salary cap problems that Russell's contract will have on them. They are short on high end picks this year, and it really would do them good to trade back, imo.

It may be better if they simply grade back and just acquire picks and roll with Stidham. If he fails, they will have a high pick next year that could get them the QB they need. If he is successful, then they didn't have to use a high pick on a QB...although they would then have to pay him in 2025 as this is the last year of his cheap contract.

solid team, nice picks - a little unintentional verb substitution by me....same overall intent though

They were near .500 with a proven vet QB and two somewhat disappointing starting WRs. They lost/dumped Wilson, Jeudy, Cushenberry, Simmons and Jewell to hit the bigger names. Have they added anything to this offense this winter? The only new signings I see have been on the defensive side.

Next year's QB class is not highly anticipated to say the least. Some of the bigger names are guys that dodged this draft and wouldn't crack the top 6 or 7 if they had stayed in this class. Sanders could be the exception, but he might be the #4 in this class at best. Nix seems like a Payton style QB to me.

Last edited:

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
solid team, nice picks - a little unintentional verb substitution by me....same overall intent though

They were near .500 with a proven vet QB and two somewhat disappointing starting WRs. They lost/dumped Wilson, Jeudy, Cushenberry, Simmons and Jewell to hit the bigger names. Have they added anything to this offense this winter? The only new signings I see have been on the defensive side.

Next year's QB class is not highly anticipated to say the least. Some of the bigger names are guys that dodged this draft and wouldn't crack the top 6 or 7 if they had stayed in this class. Sanders could be the exception, but he might be the #4 in this class at best. Nix seems like a Payton style QB to me.

I said "he won't have a chance unless he has a solid team around him" then followed it with them getting more nice draft picks to build that solid team. I wasn't talking about the current team, but one that could be built through the draft...only if they get more "nice" picks. I'm sorry that was confusing.

I think Nix would be perfect for Payton, but the first few years in the NFL can be tough for a QB that needs several good players around him and no cap space to bring in veterans. That would be my fear for Denver if they draft him at #12 and don't have another pick till #76. He could experience a lot of failure simply due to the fact that he won't have many great or even good players around him. Ideally, trading back could get Denver several picks (this draft and next) and could make his chances of success better. That is if Nix is still around later in the first round, and Denver can trade their pick for several nice picks.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all in on Sweat. He's on the Bengals radar too.

Rather, I talked myself to be all in on Sweat because no way Murphy falls that far.
I could see teams convincing themselves that Murphy has small arms so he can slide further down the board than he should.

I feel the draft is deep enough to where every team in the first round should be relatively happy and/or ecstatic with who they end up drafting.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question would be, does the next Cowboys center need to the one projected in the first? They could get quality options on day 2 and possibly later, depending on how quickly they need their pick to start. There are some options that played predominantly tackle but are projected inside to G and/or C that could cover multiple options for them, like Burton, Puni, McCormick, Bartolini, Turner, etc.
Well we have a history of nailing our 1st round Lineman.
Not so much on Day 2 lineman.
Rather find our next Frederick, than our next meh Center.
Center IMO is the biggest concern/important this year on Offense.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we have a history of nailing our 1st round Lineman.
Not so much on Day 2 lineman.
Rather find our next Frederick, than our next meh Center.
Center IMO is the biggest concern/important this year on Offense.

Sure, depends on whether that guy is still available at the Cowboys' pick (could be). If that's the value pick, that should be the target.

Was Biadasz too expensive to keep?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trades will upset the draft

1) Bears - Caleb Williams
2) Commanders - Drake Maye
3) Patriots -TRADE - Vikings - Jayden Daniels
4) Cardinals - Marvin Harrison Jr
5) Chargers - Malik Nabors
6) Giants - Rome Odunze
7) Titans - Joe Alt
8) Falcons - TRADE - Broncos - Brock Bowers
9) Bears - Laiatu Latu
10) Jets - Olu Fashanu
11) Patriots - TRADE - Cardinals - Jared Verse
12) Falcons - Brian Thomas Jr
13) Raiders - JC Latham
14) Saints - Xavier Worthy
15) Colts - Quinyon Mitchell
16) Steelers* - Taliese Fuaga
17) Jaguars - Cooper DeJean
18) Eagles* - Terrion Arnold
19) Rams - Amarius Mims
20) Seahawks* - Michael Penix Jr
21) Dolphins - Byron Murphy II
22) Bengals* - T'Vondre Sweat
23) Patriots - Chop Robinson
24) Cowboys - Troy Fautanu
25) Packers - Kool Aid McKinstry
26) Bucs - Jackson Powers-Johnson
27) Patriots - JJ McCarthy
28) Bills - Adonai Mitchell
29) Lions - TJ Tampa
30) Ravens - Tyler Guyton
31) Niners - Xavier Legette
32) Chiefs - Ricky Pearsall

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be surprised if any of the top 6 QBs makes it to Seattle in the 2nd.

Yah probably. There's just too many teams that need QBs this year. COVID and the ass QB class of 2022 really didn't help.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

6) Giants - Rome Odunze
7) Titans - Joe Alt
9) Bears - Laiatu Latu
10) Jets - Olu Fashanu
13) Raiders - JC Latham
19) Rams - Amarius Mims
29) Lions - TJ Tampa

......... Harold probably just added you to his will with moving down and taking a QB.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think JJ McCarthy falling wouldn't be too ridiculously surprising but the Patriots then taking him seems rather unprecedented.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

6) Giants - Rome Odunze
7) Titans - Joe Alt
9) Bears - Laiatu Latu
10) Jets - Olu Fashanu
13) Raiders - JC Latham
19) Rams - Amarius Mims
29) Lions - TJ Tampa
That would make for a LONG night for JJ. I imagine he will attend the draft in person since it is happening in Detroit.

I don't know why the Broncos would trade up to draft a TE when they desperately need a QB (with such few draft picks in this draft to begin with...to move up into the top 10, they would likely have to give away a pick or two from the 2025 draft).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would make for a LONG night for JJ. I imagine he will attend the draft in person since it is happening in Detroit.

I don't know why the Broncos would trade up to draft a TE when they desperately need a QB (with such few draft picks in this draft to begin with...to move up into the top 10, they would likely have to give away a pick or two from the 2025 draft).

Yeah, I don't see the Vikings trading all the way up to 3. Do they want to give up future 1sts on top of their 2 2024 1sts?

Broncos are short on draft capital, doubt they trade up for Brock (but someone else could).

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't see the Vikings trading all the way up to 3. Do they want to give up future 1sts on top of their 2 2024 1sts?

Broncos are short on draft capital, doubt they trade up for Brock (but someone else could).

Well he is a Pats fan, and he has them trading back twice in the first round. I guess his hope is that they can accumulate many draft picks, and still get their QB, who many think is a top 10 pick, with JJ. That would be the most ideal night for the Pats, especially if they grab a few extra 1st round picks in the 2025 draft.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

6) Giants - Rome Odunze
7) Titans - Joe Alt
9) Bears - Laiatu Latu
10) Jets - Olu Fashanu
13) Raiders - JC Latham
19) Rams - Amarius Mims
29) Lions - TJ Tampa
book it

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

6) Giants - Rome Odunze
7) Titans - Joe Alt
9) Bears - Laiatu Latu
10) Jets - Olu Fashanu
13) Raiders - JC Latham
19) Rams - Amarius Mims
29) Lions - TJ Tampa
I'm looking over this mock thinking it looks pretty solid until I realize there's no Dallas Turner on the list. He's pretty much the consensus top defensive player in the draft. I'm sure it was a simple omission, but the Mock Gods will demand that this has to be voided until he's placed in here and probably in the top 10 at that.