• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sportshoopla mock draft

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this just for fun mock done was right here on Sportshoopla. Thanks to @blstoker agreeing to take the Bucs this season I got a chance to pick for the Seahawks. It's hard, feels like they need like a dozen picks when your deciding who to take. Wasn't able to trade back from pick 16 but was able to trade back from pick 81 where I was deciding between Cedric Grey and Puni, both got taken before pick 95. The trade was pick 81 for picks 95 and 131. I'm not really one of those who loves to pour over players in the draft annually, but did enjoy doing it for this mock, feel that going against other fans makes for a more realistic mock then those done with software where trades are too easy and not realistic a lot of times and their rankings are often questionable also.
Felt at pick 16 others were happy to sit tight because there were still plenty of talent left on the board and I was happy to get a offer for pick 81 even though that meant losing out on the players I had in mind with that pick. Any how this is what I ended up with:

1713300625346.png

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used half the pick on the trenches and passed on drafting Penix since I could not trade back from 16, that really hurt me. James Wiliams is interesting he played safety but is built like a LB and played LB in the senior bowl and did well at the position. Could maybe play the "Hamilton" role on the Seahawks.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinchens in the 4th could be decent. But he can really only play FS and he's horrible in any sort of run defense. He can't move around at all which MacDonald seems to like to do. James Williams is a curious one... he can certainly get some field time against tight ends just due to his size...

Trevin Wallace I posted about in this thread or another (athletic freak). He'd need a LOT of coaching but MacDonald turned Pat Queen around, so maybe there's something there. No question if he can learn the game better that he can keep up with anyone on the field.

Fautanu is a no brainer to go play left guard. Dunno much about McCormick.

Not sure I like the back to back safeties personally, but I know the safety role is big in Macs system.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinchens in the 4th could be decent. But he can really only play FS and he's horrible in any sort of run defense. He can't move around at all which MacDonald seems to like to do. James Williams is a curious one... he can certainly get some field time against tight ends just due to his size...

Trevin Wallace I posted about in this thread or another (athletic freak). He'd need a LOT of coaching but MacDonald turned Pat Queen around, so maybe there's something there. No question if he can learn the game better that he can keep up with anyone on the field.

Fautanu is a no brainer to go play left guard. Dunno much about McCormick.

Not sure I like the back to back safeties personally, but I know the safety role is big in Macs system.
Kinchens was who I thought was best with what was left on the board at pick 118. I was hoping for Malik Mustopha would make it to me but he got picked at 108. Wasn't planning on another safety but then I came across James Williams who has just lately been talked about and thought Macdonald could do something with a hybrid like Williams and unlike Kichens should be a help in the run game and pass game. His scouting report:

1713315284750.png
1713315318613.png

Mason McCormick may have been a reach but should provide at least depth which the Seahawks need at the position. I really was hoping for Puni to make it to pick 95 because there was a drop off afterwards. For the 7th round Isiah Adams was a nice find I think.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this just for fun mock done was right here on Sportshoopla. Thanks to @blstoker agreeing to take the Bucs this season I got a chance to pick for the Seahawks. It's hard, feels like they need like a dozen picks when your deciding who to take. Wasn't able to trade back from pick 16 but was able to trade back from pick 81 where I was deciding between Cedric Grey and Puni, both got taken before pick 95. The trade was pick 81 for picks 95 and 131. I'm not really one of those who loves to pour over players in the draft annually, but did enjoy doing it for this mock, feel that going against other fans makes for a more realistic mock then those done with software where trades are too easy and not realistic a lot of times and their rankings are often questionable also.
Felt at pick 16 others were happy to sit tight because there were still plenty of talent left on the board and I was happy to get a offer for pick 81 even though that meant losing out on the players I had in mind with that pick. Any how this is what I ended up with:

View attachment 359768
You had a great draft. Happy you were able to participate!

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know most of us think we should draft a QB and maybe even that we will at some point, even if late, but it's not completely bizarro world if we don't since there have been only 2 QBs drafted by JS during his entire time here.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know most of us think we should draft a QB and maybe even that we will at some point, even if late, but it's not completely bizarro world if we don't since there have been only 2 QBs drafted by JS during his entire time here.
If they don't take one in the 1st round I doubt they take one

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they don't take one in the 1st round I doubt they take one

I feel the total opposite. I feel like they won’t take one in the first and that they will in the later rounds.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever we take has to have more upside than Howell. Not likely with a day 3 pick
I agree with that statement, however if 6 QBs go ahead of the Seahawks then what? I worry he'll talk himself into believing someone like Rattler might work. Looking at Geno age and cap hit next season I got to think it is on JS mind. I guess he could believe Howell the future for the Seahawks. It's a pickle IMO because I don't have much faith that Howell or Rattler is the future, but the clock is ticking on Geno's career and JS needs to find a QB that can lead the team in the near future and when I say the near furure I'm convinced someone besides Geno will be the starting QB next season.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that statement, however if 6 QBs go ahead of the Seahawks then what? I worry he'll talk himself into believing someone like Rattler might work. Looking at Geno age and cap hit next season I got to think it is on JS mind. I guess he could believe Howell the future for the Seahawks. It's a pickle IMO because I don't have much faith that Howell or Rattler is the future, but the clock is ticking on Geno's career and JS needs to find a QB that can lead the team in the near future and when I say the near furure I'm convinced someone besides Geno will be the starting QB next season.

I don't think there is much chance at all that the Hawks take Rattler.

Either we take a QB in the 1st round or we have to wait for the 3rd round and go for someone like Milton or Pratt.

I think it is pretty unlikely that someone else will be starting next season unless the Seahawks do something really unexpected like make a major trade of some sort. IMO, I think that JS was looking at ways to move up in the draft to get whatever QB he really wants but he wasn't able to come up with a plan to do it. Once the Vikings made that trade to get another 1st rounder, JS started talking being much more definitive about Geno.

I just don't see them doing it. IMO, MM/JS are going to want to rebuild the defense. It was terrible last year. They made a bunch of changes but it's unlikely any of those changes will make a huge difference on the defense. While I personally think they should go for Lataunu, I really think they will trade down if they can and grab a defensive player like Verse or Latu or Robinson or Murphy.

I agree that the team needs to think about the future at QB. But I suspect that they will be ok with rolling the dice on Howell and focusing on filling the glaring gaps on the defense and interior O line.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No QB?????????????????????????????

View attachment 360284

Yay! We got 3 first round prospects with no 2nd rounder and all of them are best at their position! Let's not forget Colson in the 6th round! I'm surprised you didn't snatch Caleb Williams in the 7th!

Jokes aside, I know you're just playing with the sliders on PFF lol, that would be an absolute dream draft.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yay! We got 3 first round prospects with no 2nd rounder and all of them are best at their position! Let's not forget Colson in the 6th round! I'm surprised you didn't snatch Caleb Williams in the 7th!

Jokes aside, I know you're just playing with the sliders on PFF lol, that would be an absolute dream draft.

Yeah. There are 3 picks that are just silly in that mock. Schneider walks away with that draft he deserves some sort of medal