• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan getting rings for beating Alabama

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me an example of how a rivalry game on a bowl ring doesn't hold more relevance over a win over Alabama. This is your gaff not mine
So winning the first ever BCS bowl game in program history durning the BCS era is not important? Did they put the score of the OSU game on those rings? The MSU score? no. Despite winning both that year. So, in fact, the ring we're talking about is an example of a the bowl game being more relevant than the rivalry games that year.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So winning the first ever BCS bowl game in program history durning the BCS era is not important? Did they put the score of the OSU game on those rings? The MSU score? no. Despite winning both that year. So, in fact, the ring we're talking about is an example of a the bowl game being more relevant than the rivalry games that year.
Sorry I'm busy having rings made for USC's epic win over Idaho

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell does it matter what they were ranked once they are on the team and competing for playing time and one a possible starting job? What a dumb thing to say. Once again, two recruits I named that came from Michigan, ready for PT for Ohio State, compared to a sophomore in high school with potential. You win...

1. Mike Weber and Michael Jordan have played the exact same amount of snaps in college as the two guys UM got commits from in OSU's back yard.

2. Michael Jordan grew up an OSU fan, lived in Ohio his entire life, until moving to Michigan when his dad was transferred. As I said -- read up on your recruits before responding.

3. Mike Weber -- I gave you props for signing him, he was a good get by OSU. Still hasn't played a snap though and when a gave is sending out tweets about wishing he could do it all over again -- you have to wonder how much his heart is into it.

That being said -- Harbaugh was only on the job for a couple weeks when the Weber signing happened. If OSU comes in and signs Donovan Peoples-Jones -- it'd be comparable to the Leonard Taylor committment. I like UM's chances going forward in recruiting battles though, as Harbaugh has had a chance to build relationships with coaches and kids. Being in the NFL has advantages, but a disadvantage is not having the type of relationships with players other coaches have built for years.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You asked for examples of things that are normal :noidea: it's ok tho I'm here to help you

Normal putting the score of a win over a rival on a bowl championship ring

Abnormal having a ring created for a win over Alabama for no reason other than to give the illusion Michigan football is relevant

This thread is a contradiction of everything you claimed in your msu crying thread. Why don't you see programs like USC having rings made because they won a game vs Alabama. The whole thing really is kind of pathetic. Not sure why you would want a thread for this I would be embarrassed if USC did that. And you've gone against everything you ranted about in the other thread someone should really bump that thread smdh :L

It isn't a ring for beating Alabama (though Alabama happened to be the team they played) -- it is a ring for winning the Orange Bowl.

Either way -- I don't understand why they would want one, but for some reason they do. I don't know how all that works anyways. I can't stand rings -- never wore the high school ring my parents bought me, never wore the college ring my parents bought me and only wear my wedding ring on special occasions.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't a ring for beating Alabama (though Alabama happened to be the team they played) -- it is a ring for winning the Orange Bowl.

Either way -- I don't understand why they would want one, but for some reason they do. I don't know how all that works anyways. I can't stand rings -- never wore the high school ring my parents bought me, never wore the college ring my parents bought me and only wear my wedding ring on special occasions.
Pretty sure USC was issued rings when they beat michigan in bowls. Are the wolverines getting we want bama shirts with the rings?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure USC was issued rings when they beat michigan in bowls. Are the wolverines getting we want bama shirts with the rings?

maybe you missed what i said -- it isn't a ring for beating alabama. it is a ring for winning the Orange Bowl -- Bama just so happened to be who they played.

and while UM was better last year -- I think Bama is safe right now. :)

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe you missed what i said -- it isn't a ring for beating alabama. it is a ring for winning the Orange Bowl -- Bama just so happened to be who they played.

and while UM was better last year -- I think Bama is safe right now. :)
Was the ring on a 16 year back order :laugh3: I'll cut you a deal on cheap low quality rings. I'll even cut you a discount if y'all buy in bulk. You'll receive your order in 16 to 17 business years cash up front tho

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

16 years later....

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Mike Weber and Michael Jordan have played the exact same amount of snaps in college as the two guys UM got commits from in OSU's back yard.

2. Michael Jordan grew up an OSU fan, lived in Ohio his entire life, until moving to Michigan when his dad was transferred. As I said -- read up on your recruits before responding.

3. Mike Weber -- I gave you props for signing him, he was a good get by OSU. Still hasn't played a snap though and when a gave is sending out tweets about wishing he could do it all over again -- you have to wonder how much his heart is into it.

That being said -- Harbaugh was only on the job for a couple weeks when the Weber signing happened. If OSU comes in and signs Donovan Peoples-Jones -- it'd be comparable to the Leonard Taylor committment. I like UM's chances going forward in recruiting battles though, as Harbaugh has had a chance to build relationships with coaches and kids. Being in the NFL has advantages, but a disadvantage is not having the type of relationships with players other coaches have built for years.

1. Currently practicing and competing for playing time at Ohio State vs. currently completing his sophomore year of high school

2. I don't give two shits where a recruit spent their childhood. He played high school ball in Michigan, correct?

3. Quit living in Michigan dream land with the Mike Webber comment. It was referring to the team hanging out with the band. He retweeted a comment on JT and Cardale being a drum major.

You are getting way too excited about a 2018 commit. So much will change from now until NSD for that kid. Hell, I'm still staying cautiously optimistic about our 2017 class. It's just too early.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Saban is buying himself a ring for beating UL-MONROE last year.