• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariners trade deadline thread

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off topic; That Dutton a-hole blocked me. Never had a bad word with him. Didn't like his crabbiness so no biggie but really?
Mariners beat writers are a sensitive lot. Dutton and Divish are both really stupid.

None of them give a fuck about the team, which is actually a good thing; but they're such bad writers, they could only get hired in Seattle/Tacoma. If they could ever get a job with a big paper near a real MLB club, they'd take it in a heartbeat.

But none of them are as bad as the radio idiots we have here like Sandemeyer, Churchill, et al.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners beat writers are a sensitive lot. Dutton and Divish are both really stupid.

None of them give a fuck about the team, which is actually a good thing; but they're such bad writers, they could only get hired in Seattle/Tacoma. If they could ever get a job with a big paper near a real MLB club, they'd take it in a heartbeat.

But none of them are as bad as the radio idiots we have here like Sandemeyer, Churchill, et al.

Agreed on Dutton and Divish. Their responses to tweets are rude and you are right that they don't care about M's. It is their job, but you would think they would actually M's or even baseball.

As far as the radio idiots, I don't get them here and I am fine with that. Churchill blocked me a year or so ago on twitter because I told him he was wrong...which he usually is. I would love to meet up with him in spring training. I'm not very shy about giving my opinion even in person.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Their show got cut about two weeks ago. They annoyed me but at least they were willing to talk about stuff another Russell Wilson drama and other Seahawk BS. That's pretty much what I hear most of the time I turn on the radio.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their show got cut about two weeks ago.
Good.

I don't listen to the radio at all anymore other than my morning commute, which got switched to Mike and Mike over the past few months. I don't like them, but they're better than any Seattle sports radio for the most part.

Until the M's have success again, I don't expect it to be anything but Seahawks all day, every day, even during the offseason.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on Dutton and Divish. Their responses to tweets are rude and you are right that they don't care about M's. It is their job, but you would think they would actually M's or even baseball.

As far as the radio idiots, I don't get them here and I am fine with that. Churchill blocked me a year or so ago on twitter because I told him he was wrong...which he usually is. I would love to meet up with him in spring training. I'm not very shy about giving my opinion even in person.

Churchill used to be a regular on the old scout forum and he was one of the biggest windbags around, always thought he was better than everyone and pretty much acted like you were stupid if you didn't agree with him. Him and I went at it more than once. I've seen him on tv once or so since then but I sure as fark don't read his garbage.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Baker is pretty good, he has had some articles really blasting the Mariners front office.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good.

I don't listen to the radio at all anymore other than my morning commute, which got switched to Mike and Mike over the past few months. I don't like them, but they're better than any Seattle sports radio for the most part.

Until the M's have success again, I don't expect it to be anything but Seahawks all day, every day, even during the offseason.

I'm getting pretty sick of it. The daily reports on the Russell Wilson contract are getting really ridiculous. The only thing to report is that nothing has been done, yet there seems to be a new headline on it every day. I've been a huge Seahawks fan my entire life, I can count on one hand the amount of games I've missed the last ten years, but I can't begin to express how ridiculously annoying all the pointless articles on the Seahawks have been.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Churchill used to be a regular on the old scout forum and he was one of the biggest windbags around, always thought he was better than everyone and pretty much acted like you were stupid if you didn't agree with him. Him and I went at it more than once. I've seen him on tv once or so since then but I sure as fark don't read his garbage.
He was blocking people left and right on twitter back in march if they pointed out any weaknesses on the M's. He just kept saying over and over again the team was built to contend, and that anybody who disagreed was stupid.

I ended up just blocking he and his co-idiot Sandmeyer.

I'm glad to hear their radio show got cancelled.

I still follow Dutton and Divish, along with Drayer. Don't care for any of them, but they're good for breaking news on the team, so I have no choice.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep reading where Padres have to dump salaries and one main one is Shields. Offer them 'B' level prospects and have them pay a portion. The guy is a horse and a perfect #2 for us. Yes we need to be sellers, but it is also a good time to pick up players that make us better from teams doing dumps.

I know, Jack doesn't have it in him.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which is what I love about Kae (back on CBS) hatred for Geoff Baker, didn't always agree with him but he was a Mariners beat writer that had no problem ripping the team and organization as a whole. I know I copied his starting to call Howard and Chuck and Howie and Chucky saying they are running the organization basically as children. He intentionally broke stories that would make them uncomfortable like my favorite with him and Jack's problems with him breaking the Cliff Lee trade drama about the guy who was an alleged rapist or whatever which made Jack back away from the deal revealing he wasn't the guru he said he was. Before the deal he was the lead guy with everything but once that story broke he had nothing to do with the trade.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is what I love about Kae (back on CBS) hatred for Geoff Baker, didn't always agree with him but he was a Mariners beat writer that had no problem ripping the team and organization as a whole. I know I copied his starting to call Howard and Chuck and Howie and Chucky saying they are running the organization basically as children. He intentionally broke stories that would make them uncomfortable like my favorite with him and Jack's problems with him breaking the Cliff Lee trade drama about the guy who was an alleged rapist or whatever which made Jack back away from the deal revealing he wasn't the guru he said he was. Before the deal he was the lead guy with everything but once that story broke he had nothing to do with the trade.

Baker is my favorite for the same reason. 'Fans', people who go and mingle in centerfield area with their backs to the game, hated him. Fans that understood and appreciated the game love him. He was right most of the time and the Mariners continue to prove him right to this day.

And I miss Kae.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Jack Z, or anybody else who make decisions for the M's, actually under the delusion that this team can contend?

I'm getting that feeling, and it's baffling.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Jack Z, or anybody else who make decisions for the M's, actually under the delusion that this team can contend?

I'm getting that feeling, and it's baffling.

As we say, it is the Mariner Way.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see them get James Shields if they could get the padres to eat about $20 miloion of the remaining money owed to him. That would leave the Mariners paying roughly $16 million a year for three years. That's not so bad when you consider what Porcello recently signed for.

He can't help us much this year but it would be nice to have him slide into the #2 spot in the rotation next year.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trade Kuma for him if he extends. High upside and little to lose in Kuma.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see them get James Shields if they could get the padres to eat about $20 miloion of the remaining money owed to him. That would leave the Mariners paying roughly $16 million a year for three years. That's not so bad when you consider what Porcello recently signed for.

He can't help us much this year but it would be nice to have him slide into the #2 spot in the rotation next year.

When you posted this I was wondering if your math was correct, I had no idea the Padres were paying him $21m per year. Shields is a good pitcher, but $21m is ace money, he's more worth around $15m - pretty much the number you gave.