• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariners trade deadline/rumors thread

srf1957

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They wouldn't have to give up good prospects . with a trade for Schoop. Then if they don't make playoffs this year won't be stuck with him .

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daniel Lynch

Daniel Lynch #52​

• P
  • B/T: L/L
  • 6' 6"/200
  • they just brought up this guy..
but this guy
Kris Bubic

Kris Bubic #50​

• P
  • 6' 3"/225

SummaryStatsChartsNewsAwardsSHOP
  • Kristofer Bubic
  • Born: 8/19/1997 in Cupertino, CA..............................................................catch a ride with haniger...to seattle
  • Draft: 2018, Kansas City Royals, Round: CB-A, Overall Pick: 40

• College: Stanford

• Debut: 7/31/2020
so..if they went
sheffield ..kelenic..or trammell
bubic..marifield...maybe it would work..lol

ok i dk what i was thinking..but..you get the idea..yeah..they would never do that with bubic..

Last edited:

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelenic has no business in a trade for a Whit Marrifield type

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
soo what they say is..the royals want..
A team like Seattle has a clear need for Merrifield, who is under contract through 2022 with a team option in ’23, and the prospects to send over. It has to be the right offer, though.
The Royals could use a steady reliever and
an everyday center fielder. Then next year, they can continue to grow their young talent before making a real push in 2023. -- Anne Rogers
to me
they have no LHP..in the bull pen...which is what and who....they prob see santiago as to old..but Anthony Misiewicz 3..as just right..and i would say this
would..hold them up ..a bit..

but if they throw in

Justus Sheffield 33 IL-10..then it works

cf has to be trammell..but

yeah i could ..go that...
but ya cant trade trammell..and kelenic
and if ya trade kelenic..then you have to get more from the other side
I wouldn't trade Kelenic for Merrifield. I would only trade him for a younger MLB talent with control. My original post for him and others in the Twins deal or a Jose Ramirez type trade. Trea Turner is another guy, but he isn't under control long enough and I don't see him staying in Seattle if he had a choice. It has to be the right deal, but I wouldn't call him untouchable nor should the Mariners.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelenic has no business in a trade for a Whit Marrifield type

yeah but it is about..more than marifield...if they can find a guy who will fit as a starting ..pitcher..for the mariners...then you kill 2 birds with one..stone
same for the ..royals..
kelenic..is from the midwest anyway...K.C...is fairly close...but still far enough away...lol

where this guy would work for the mariners..prob not for the royals..and he is almost the only one who would

Jackson Kowar

Jackson Kowar #37​

Omaha Storm Chasers
Triple-A Affiliate
  • P
  • B/T: R/R
  • 6' 5"/200
SummaryStatsNewsAwards
  • Jackson Alexander Kowar
  • Born: 10/04/1996 in Weddington, NC
  • Draft: 2018, Kansas City Royals, Round: 1C, Overall Pick: 33
  • College: Florida

Ronald Bolaños

Ronald Bolaños #57​

Kansas City Royals
  • P
  • B/T: R/R
  • 6' 2"/230
SummaryStatsNews
  • Ronald Bolaños
  • Born: 8/23/1996 in Santa Cruz del Norte, Cuba
  • MLB Debut: 9/03/2019
i would take this guy..maybe

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mondesi is another guy I like and would be a lot cheaper to get. He just has a problem staying healthy.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have herd duffy..before in rumars....but it is hard to say..but he would work..for the mariners....maybe...

Danny Duffy

Danny Duffy #30​

• P
  • 6' 3"/205
  • Daniel Richard Duffy
  • Nickname: Gordo
  • Born: 12/21/1988 in Goleta, CA
  • Draft: 2007, Kansas City Royals, Round: 3, Overall Pick: 96
  • High School: Cabrillo, Lompoc, CA

he has been there...done that...sometimes...you need guys like that...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have herd duffy..before in rumars....but it is hard to say..but he would work..for the mariners....maybe...

Danny Duffy

Danny Duffy #30​

• P
  • 6' 3"/205
  • Daniel Richard Duffy
  • Nickname: Gordo
  • Born: 12/21/1988 in Goleta, CA
  • Draft: 2007, Kansas City Royals, Round: 3, Overall Pick: 96
  • High School: Cabrillo, Lompoc, CA

he has been there...done that...sometimes...you need guys like that...
Has been out twice this year with arm issues. Pass unless cheap.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny DuffySP329.085Arbitration Extension5 yr, $65,000,000$13,000,0002022Drafted
he is a free agent at the end of the year..he is going to be fairly cheap...a rent a player.....yeah..

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would trade Kelenic in the right deal. I think at this point in Mariners history it would be better to trade for known MLB talent than hope for the next big thing in Kelenic. If goes elsewhere and blossoms, good for him as long as the return we got is MLB proven.
Yeah, but that would be a Trea Turner type player. No offense but Whitfield isn’t worth a top 2 prospect. The Max Scherzer possibility is intriguing since he said he is willing to wave his no trade clause. The Mariners have more than enough cap to take on his full salary and give a couple of C prospects. Wishful thinking but coming away with Merrifield and Scherzer with no top 10 prospects being involved then this team should be able to make the WC a secondary goal and make the AL west the primary goal. Somehow turning Marco into the 4th starter on the staff alone helps the team. Scherzer then in either order of Flexen and Gilbert then Marco then Kukuchi and let number 6 fall wherever. Gilbert is becoming great but in August there are going to have to limit his innings. Down town will look like 2020 all over again if they are in a playoff hunt and halfway through September they have to shut him down.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but that would be a Trea Turner type player. No offense but Whitfield isn’t worth a top 2 prospect. The Max Scherzer possibility is intriguing since he said he is willing to wave his no trade clause. The Mariners have more than enough cap to take on his full salary and give a couple of C prospects. Wishful thinking but coming away with Merrifield and Scherzer with no top 10 prospects being involved then this team should be able to make the WC a secondary goal and make the AL west the primary goal. Somehow turning Marco into the 4th starter on the staff alone helps the team. Scherzer then in either order of Flexen and Gilbert then Marco then Kukuchi and let number 6 fall wherever. Gilbert is becoming great but in August there are going to have to limit his innings. Down town will look like 2020 all over again if they are in a playoff hunt and halfway through September they have to shut him down.
that seems about right.......

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.fansided.com%2Flogos%2Fmlb%2Fmariners.png

MARINERS GET
MAX SCHERZER - SP

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.fansided.com%2Flogos%2Fmlb%2Fnationals.png

NATIONALS GET
TAYLOR TRAMMELL - OF
ADAM MACKO - LHP

MARINERS GET
MAX SCHERZER - SP

NATIONALS GET
BRANDON WILLIAMSON - LHP
AARON FLETCHER - SP
TYLER KEENAN - 3B

MARINERS GET
MAX SCHERZER - SP

NATIONALS GET
CONNOR PHILLIPS - RHP
ZACH DELOACH - OF
CADE MARLOWE - OF

but after seeing this forget it.........

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for the record, I never said for Whittfiield. I have already mentioned what they would/should give up for hi and none were Top 10 on our list.

Jon Morosi of MLB.com writes that the Mariners are a "potential suitor" for Nationals shortstop Trea Turner.​

Who would have predicted this headline a few months ago or even a few weeks ago? However, it appears that the Nationals are legitimately scouring the trade market with Turner under team control for one more year. The Mariners, with an impressive list of top prospects, actually makes for a logical trading partner. The Nationals would command a huge return. In addition to Turner, the Mariners have also been linked to Royals second baseman/outfielder Whit Merrifield.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And far as my Hosmer to Mariner predictions from the other day, seems Hosmer has a 10 Team No-Trade list and yes Mariners are on that list. Not impossible, but more unlikely.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a surprise that we are NOT on the list

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for the record, I never said for Whittfiield. I have already mentioned what they would/should give up for hi and none were Top 10 on our list.

Jon Morosi of MLB.com writes that the Mariners are a "potential suitor" for Nationals shortstop Trea Turner.​

Who would have predicted this headline a few months ago or even a few weeks ago? However, it appears that the Nationals are legitimately scouring the trade market with Turner under team control for one more year. The Mariners, with an impressive list of top prospects, actually makes for a logical trading partner. The Nationals would command a huge return. In addition to Turner, the Mariners have also been linked to Royals second baseman/outfielder Whit Merrifield.
I saw that rumor on line, yes his level of talent I think all prospects are on the table though I really do think Julio and Hancock are untouchable.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that rumor on line, yes his level of talent I think all prospects are on the table though I really do think Julio and Hancock are untouchable.
100%.

Kelenic for Scherzer and Turner? That would be half a year of Scherzer and 1.5 years of Turner.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mariners ..could win..turner and..Scherzer’s
where
julio rod..
Noelvi Marte
hancock
williamson