• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariners trade deadline/rumors thread

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
free agents..that..may..work..for..seattle

Chris Taylor2B31RRLAD$7,800,000
he is really..the..only 2B...that really fits well..for seattle...and..he plays..LF/ CF..as well....for..the dodgers..
so..he could..utility..for..the mariners...as..well...
not the only...choice...that..could do that..but i do think..he is the best choice..at age 31

Josh Harrison..is 34..years old...and would do the same thing

those guys..are..2B guys
these guys are ss..that if they dont mind..playing 2B..could for..the mariners

he is 26 now..he will be 27 then..
Carlos CorreaSS27RRHOU$11,700,000$25,850,935
17 Hrs..272 ave..houston will prob not let him get away

Corey SeagerSS28LRLAD$13,750,000$31,319,595
is not the same corey seager..as we saw a few years..ago..right now his stats are starting to decline...unless he has a better..2nd half
but he needs 10 HRs..to catch up with prior..years..and bring his ave up a bit
but the dodgers...now..have turner..from the nationals..so seager.....could bolt..for..else where..with ...gavin lux..likely to take over..2B.in the future
and turner..at ss
seager..and taylor...will prob bolt...for..there end of there..rainbows.....and hope to skip..cal taxes

whose ave is down...but the rest..of his production..seems close to the same

these guys will be available..for me..taylor..is the best fit..cuz the mariners have toro..so they would not need 2 of these guys..but but they need 1
im not all that good..with seager and seager..on the same airplane...all year..but if they took a diff one..every time i would be ok with it..
on the same ball..club....no probs at all...(i have a brother..as well....as long as we both do are own jobs..it stays ok..)..but ya never know with brothers....and yes..i am the younger one..lololol..and sometimes..my older bro seems a bit finicky..in my direction..but i usually ...get lost..right about then...lololol

anyway...that is my list..for 2b
and we know we want graveman...back..so there..is 2 guys...then...i will do an ace list later...lol

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well..1 thing is sure..ya need the right players to go to the ..playoffs..if...you can not get those players..then..ya need to re-build
as i said before...cano..made tons of money...that..a free agent pitcher...should have been making..

when dipoto got here,..the king filex..had a not so good year.,.but they expected..a come back.from him..that never..really happend..so
really he was shot down..almost...before..he could get started..as far as the rotation goes...and ..is the biggest reason...they had to re build

but he was trying to do what he said to start..with..then still..but..after cano..then with the loss of felix..was just..ok that is it ..let re-do this thing
and in those years..when felix was out..yes..he would have made a diff..and..they poss..would have made the playoffs...yes

but..we ..all..know ..what happend...yes...and im good with it..and with depoto..gitting his chance...cuz the 1st time...

the plane was going down...and no miracle..was going to save it..after....felix..could not come back to be the ace...and as we saw..it took almost no..time..they started the rebuild

sorry..about that...

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that kind of is the problem with my dislike for Dipoto. Is he should be able to see his rebuild through. Him being a dick and being a terrible public speaker isn’t grounds for firing him at all. I just don’t give him any benefit of the doubt because we heard the this is his vision when he got his extension and then they immediately blew a playoff shot.
right, so I do think its interesting the extensions havent been announced yet. Usually the Mariners drop the news at a time that makes them look good. So was really expecting it after the Oakland series. Maybe he wont be back but I'd be pretty stunned at this point

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right, so I do think its interesting the extensions havent been announced yet. Usually the Mariners drop the news at a time that makes them look good. So was really expecting it after the Oakland series. Maybe he wont be back but I'd be pretty stunned at this point
As much as I dislike Dipoto, it shows the lack of leadership from the ownership group that A. They allowed him to have a trade line without a legal extension. B. It shows Stanton’s lack of awareness that the Graveman trade generated the most buzz in recent Mariners history and it wasn’t positive yet he still hasn’t made a statement. They gave him his last extension when they were in contention and they fizzled out. This time they haven’t (at least reported) and they were essentially in the same position. I dislike Jerry as the GM but it really is a Bush league move by the ownership if he doesn’t get at least a 2 year extension. Need one full year of Kelenic and Julio and a pitching staff full of Gilbert, Hancock, Kirby and Williamson though I think Williamson will end up in the pen along with Sheffield and probably Dunn.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Toro just continues to hit.
That he does and why it makes no sense if Castillo were on the table why a 3 team deal sending Toro to us, Castillo to the Astros and the Rays getting the package they got from the Mariners. Literally isn’t any reason why that didn’t happen outside of Montero.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I dislike Dipoto, it shows the lack of leadership from the ownership group that A. They allowed him to have a trade line without a legal extension. B. It shows Stanton’s lack of awareness that the Graveman trade generated the most buzz in recent Mariners history and it wasn’t positive yet he still hasn’t made a statement. They gave him his last extension when they were in contention and they fizzled out. This time they haven’t (at least reported) and they were essentially in the same position. I dislike Jerry as the GM but it really is a Bush league move by the ownership if he doesn’t get at least a 2 year extension. Need one full year of Kelenic and Julio and a pitching staff full of Gilbert, Hancock, Kirby and Williamson though I think Williamson will end up in the pen along with Sheffield and probably Dunn.
Fwiw I listened to Divishs podcast yesterday. He basically theorized that the reason for no extension during the season is because of what happened in 2018 when the team went in the tank after they were announced.
IDK this franchise just really humors me at times. Sometimes they really care about about public perception and other times they are just clueless.
Regardless other interesting facts other then how of a deal Graveman was to his teammates were:
1. Seager is all but gone after this year
2. Haniger is likely to be traded
3. The Royals asking price for Whit Merrifield was Julio Rodriguez LOL

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with Stone’s argument is he makes great points when with the rebuild then why they shouldn’t have done the Graveman trade. No one asked him to make a big splash where it cost them one their of top prospects.

You have “prospects” but you also have untouchables, eventually in order to make the big club better he has to deal some of the prospects because there isn’t room for all of them. You have Hancock, Julio, Kirby and Marte, those are the only untouchables. Every other prospect is up for trade. He has to trade from the abundance of pitching and outfield depth. Merrifield nor Berrios would’ve cost them one of the untouchables.

In the grand scheme of things his deadline was flipping Shenton for Toro which would have been fine pre A’s series. Post Monday that deal should have been Castillo to the Astros, Toro to the Mariners and Shenton to the Rays with the Mariners keeping Graveman…a shitty pitcher like Montero should not have dictated Jerry making a move before the deadline.
I disagree with Merrifield/Berrios not costing the Mariners one of our untouchables. Whit Merrifield wasn't traded so we'll disregard him.

The Blue Jays had to trade Austin Martin SS (16th best prospect per MLB.com) and Simeon Woods Richardson RHP (68th best prospect per MLB.com) to land Berrios. The Mariners would've had to trade Hancock (31st best prospect per MLB.com) and Marte (non-ranked on MLB.com but #73 for baseball America) to land him in a comparable deal, and even that wouldn't have matched the return that the Twins received for Berrios. I don't really see any deal that could've landed us Berrios without trading one of those untouchables. It was clearly a sellers market and as much as I love to complain about Dipoto, I think he did the right thing by not putting together an equivalent offer to that of the Blue Jays for Berrios.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fwiw I listened to Divishs podcast yesterday. He basically theorized that the reason for no extension during the season is because of what happened in 2018 when the team went in the tank after they were announced.
IDK this franchise just really humors me at times. Sometimes they really care about about public perception and other times they are just clueless.
Regardless other interesting facts other then how of a deal Graveman was to his teammates were:
I'm starting to wonder who would ever want the human bobble machine haniger. I swear EVERY game he drops at least one catch. unless someone needs a DH.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going all in is wrong, but going in to a point where it helps you in the playoff run and still makes you better for a few years to come.

My question will always be, "If not now, when?". If you can guarantee next year will be a better playoff run, then patients is the key. But how many next years (currently 20 and counting) are we willing to wait for?

And please raise your hand if you are sure this offseason will be the offseason they become players in the real free agent market. Because I still thought last offseason was the year, and well...

This wasn't me talking to you. This was just me talking. Just like every year at this time, I tend to lose interest. I haven't watched a game in a couple weeks and don't even have access to watch one the rest of the year and sadly it isn't even bothering me. I hope Toro continues to rip it up. Castillo, well he is a closer and for all the reason gave for trading Gravemen (with exception to the free agent to be thing) gives for this guy as well.

Always good hearing from you. :suds:
Do I believe that we should be real players in the free agent market this upcoming offseason? The Mariners tend to always disappoint, so I'll say that I'm not sure on this one.

Do I think it's the logical thing to do? Absolutely.

If the Mariners are serious about building not just a fringe wild card contender, but a World Series contender, this is the offseason to do it. The Mariners will probably finish the season around 85 wins with a young group of players who will likely be better next year. If they go all in this offseason, I do think that we can build a serious contender.

That all being said, I'm sure I'll be disappointed.

Hope you're doing well buddy. There isn't any other group I'd like to suffer the pain of being a Mariners fan than those on this board.

P.S. You're not missing much not watching the Mariners. The close losses we've suffered lately have been insufferable.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a player..to keep an eye on...

July 31, 2019
Arizona Diamondbacks traded RHP Zack Greinke and cash to Houston Astros for RHP Corbin Martin, RHP J.B. Bukauskas, 3B Josh
,...........................Rojas and LF Seth Beer.
Seth Beer

Seth Beer #8​

Reno Aces
Triple-A Affiliate
  • 1B
  • B/T: L/R
  • 6' 3"/213
SummaryStatsNewsAwards
  • Seth Michael Beer
  • Born: 9/18/1996 in Maryville, IL
  • Draft: 2018, Houston Astros, Round: 1, Overall Pick: 28
  • College: Clemson
  • Follow:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JoseMarmolejos
1B
TAC561894369721853343500.365

hitting 350 is mlb...lvl...we could see marmo...in september...or...sooner

José Marmolejos

José Marmolejos
#32 1B
SummaryStatsNewsAwards
  • José Ramon Marmolejos
  • Born: 1/02/1993 in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
  • High School: South Broward, Miami, FL
  • MLB Debut: 7/24/2020
  • Follow:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan White

Evan White #12​

Seattle Mariners
  • 1B
  • B/T: R/L
  • 6' 3"/220
SummaryStatsNewsAwards
  • Evan McKee White
  • Born: 4/26/1996 in Columbus, OH
  • Draft: 2017, Seattle Mariners, Round: 1, Overall Pick: 17
  • College: Kentucky
SeasonTeamLGLevelGABRHTB2B3BHRRBIBBIBBSOSBCSAVGOBPSLGOPSGO/AO
2017EVENWLA(Short)1447613251131260611.277.345.532.8771.14
20182 teams-Minors12449472148224297116652010843.300.371.453.8241.26
2019ARKTEXAA923656110717813218552929220.293.350.488.8380.25
2020SEAALMLB54182193263708261808412.176.252.346.5991.03
2021TACAAA WAAA4122410002510210.333.385.8331.2180.50
2021SEAALMLB3097814233029603100.144.202.237.4390.86
Minors Career--Minors23491814127243743103413888220884.296.361.476.8370.81

TeamDateTransaction
136.svg
June 22, 2021Seattle Mariners placed 1B Evan White on the 60-day injured list. Left hip flexor strain.
529.svg
June 10, 2021Seattle Mariners sent 1B Evan White on a rehab assignment to Tacoma Rainiers.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would like to see what white does with 150 at bats at tacoma...i would hope it would be this year.......but..next year..would do as well..

remember....he is a top..defensive...1B...and #1st round pick...so..giving him..more time.....i think,....would be worth it..
when he never..was..at..AAA...anyway

they have been waiting for...this guy..in NYY..for..almost 10 years
GregBird
1B
ABQ7325540691401753397101.271.368.525.894

Draft: 2011, New York Yankees, Round: 5, Overalll
  • MLB Debut: 8/13/2015
i don't want to see white...be this guy

Last edited:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with Merrifield/Berrios not costing the Mariners one of our untouchables. Whit Merrifield wasn't traded so we'll disregard him.

The Blue Jays had to trade Austin Martin SS (16th best prospect per MLB.com) and Simeon Woods Richardson RHP (68th best prospect per MLB.com) to land Berrios. The Mariners would've had to trade Hancock (31st best prospect per MLB.com) and Marte (non-ranked on MLB.com but #73 for baseball America) to land him in a comparable deal, and even that wouldn't have matched the return that the Twins received for Berrios. I don't really see any deal that could've landed us Berrios without trading one of those untouchables. It was clearly a sellers market and as much as I love to complain about Dipoto, I think he did the right thing by not putting together an equivalent offer to that of the Blue Jays for Berrios.
Eh, we can agree to disagree on the Berrios price. Do all teams want one of the 4 Mariners prospects, for sure but getting 3 of the next level plus giving up a guy like say a Dylan Moore or Torrens type would work. The Mariners have depth of prospects and they need to deal them.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eh, we can agree to disagree on the Berrios price. Do all teams want one of the 4 Mariners prospects, for sure but getting 3 of the next level plus giving up a guy like say a Dylan Moore or Torrens type would work. The Mariners have depth of prospects and they need to deal them.
I get not wanting to extend because of what happened last time. But that is the problem from the business perspective, he hasn’t done anything to earn a long term extension but a short term extension doesn’t make any sense either because they will end up in the same position of a bunch of young guys who you aren’t sure of whether or not to be big buyers. I truly don’t know but how many GM’s have ever been given 7 years with no playoff appearances.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe moore..i dont think so on ..torrens

they have 5..bull pen guys from AA./.to slot..on the 40 man..or..lose to rule 5..draft...they ..could trade for..this guy..if they still want him..and he is still good..
Will Vest

Will Vest #48​

• P
  • B/T: R/R
  • 6' 0"/180

SummaryStatsChartsNewsSHOP
  • William Vest
  • Born: 6/06/1995 in Houston, TX
  • Draft: 2017, Detroit Tigers, Round: 12, Overall Pick: 365
  • College: Stephen F. Austin State
  • Debut: 4/01/2021

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get not wanting to extend because of what happened last time. But that is the problem from the business perspective, he hasn’t done anything to earn a long term extension but a short term extension doesn’t make any sense either because they will end up in the same position of a bunch of young guys who you aren’t sure of whether or not to be big buyers. I truly don’t know but how many GM’s have ever been given 7 years with no playoff appearances.
Yeah it’s an abnormal situation because the first 3 years he was basically told to go win with someone else’s guys and you can’t add much payroll.
Now the last 3 years have been his way. Granted he has had 6 years to draft and develop so there’s no excuse for that portion

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it’s an abnormal situation because the first 3 years he was basically told to go win with someone else’s guys and you can’t add much payroll.
Now the last 3 years have been his way. Granted he has had 6 years to draft and develop so there’s no excuse for that portion
Well it is just weird business wise. I know I am bias and want him gone but if they are going to extend he needs at least a 3 year deal but I just can’t see any intelligent business person guaranteeing Jerry’s 9 years with Jerry’s resume. It is kind of like Larry Scott with the Pac 12 where he failed with his first vision, then laid a great plan in place then completely failed at it and the public forced him out more than his bosses did. Ownership cannot allow Jerry to fail next year and let the Kraken become the number 2 team in the market with the threat of the Sonics on the horizon.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it is just weird business wise. I know I am bias and want him gone but if they are going to extend he needs at least a 3 year deal but I just can’t see any intelligent business person guaranteeing Jerry’s 9 years with Jerry’s resume. It is kind of like Larry Scott with the Pac 12 where he failed with his first vision, then laid a great plan in place then completely failed at it and the public forced him out more than his bosses did. Ownership cannot allow Jerry to fail next year and let the Kraken become the number 2 team in the market with the threat of the Sonics on the horizon.
ok...i will..go with a..fail..at going to the playoffs..in the first try...for dipoto..with an astrexxx......cuz..no one could have takin that team..to the playoffs..without..hernandez,,being the ace....and he..was down..and then....OUT..

but if there is a guy to rebuild..and then go to the playoffs........i will take dipoto..
if there is a guy...to get a trade done...i ..will ..take jedi..

why....
cuz so far..he has went ...step by step..
when he started the re-build..he did not get rid of the best players ..haniger..gonzales,and seager(...say what you will about how good he is...defence is #1..at the hot corner..as much as it is at SS)

many..many..people do not realize...its always..been...about the ..the rotation..rotation..rotation..and..this off season..he finally has a..a chance....to fix it

and sense..there is all that water..under the bridge...i would rather see...how far he can take it....and if he can take it all....the way..

...just..IMO.....wazzu

all apologies

Last edited: