• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Week Thread: Niners at Seahawks

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
When the Rams and Cardinals were successful, their fans were nowhere near as annoying as Seahawk fans. I attest this mainly to Pete Carroll. The fans seemed more subdued during the Holmgren era.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strange i am not hearing this "Hype" like you are claiming,but make no mistake this game is BIG because 3 or so losses may separate who has home field,so if you niner fans think this is no big deal you better check again.

I have no doubt you guys would love to get some revenge for the kicking you got here last time.

The front page of the Seattle times has a story about the game, and the noise, etc., if you aren't hearing the hype it's either because you don't live in Seattle or live in a cave without media.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Having lived happily in Seattle for the last 20 years, I can tell you I don't remember a regular season game in any sport that has been as overhyped as this one in this city. All day long the sports radio jockeys here are spewing their hatred of Harbaugh, nitpicking at every comment of his, latching onto any national commentator that thinks Russell Wilson is better than Kaepernick, why this will be a statement game, blah, blah, blah. From what little I know of what's going on in the Bay Area I am pretty sure it hasn't reached this type of fever pitch, or this level of vitriol. Which leads me to this question; Yes the Seahawks are favored, and should win the game, but what if they don't? I suspect that the next day the sports media will say "This is just week two, doesn't mean anything, not that big of a deal." You know a tremendous case of collective amnesia for the buildup the week before.

I think this game is a lot more important to Seattle than it is to the Niners. Don't get me wrong, it's a very big game for both teams, and could have serious playoff implications in and out of the division. And there's no such thing as a "must-win" game in week two. But Seattle is expected to win their home games, and I think they need to this year with a brutal road schedule. Carolina was arguably the weakest road opponent they face, with the division games, Indy, Houston, Atlanta, and the NYG on tap. All the non-division games are at 10am PST.

If Seattle loses, I think it could shake their confidence a little. Not a ton, given that they're a great team, but I think it's easier for the Niners to chalk a loss up to the environment. Losing at Clink, especially given how much this game has been hyped, would be a blow to the Hawks.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this game is a lot more important to Seattle than it is to the Niners. Don't get me wrong, it's a very big game for both teams, and could have serious playoff implications in and out of the division. And there's no such thing as a "must-win" game in week two. But Seattle is expected to win their home games, and I think they need to this year with a brutal road schedule. Carolina was arguably the weakest road opponent they face, with the division games, Indy, Houston, Atlanta, and the NYG on tap. All the non-division games are at 10am PST.

If Seattle loses, I think it could shake their confidence a little. Not a ton, given that they're a great team, but I think it's easier for the Niners to chalk a loss up to the environment. Losing at Clink, especially given how much this game has been hyped, would be a blow to the Hawks.

I hope not. I think you may be wrong though since the last time the teams met the 49ers suffered a humiliating beatdown. I think they will be ready

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anquan Boldin - WR - 49ers

Anquan Boldin is expected to match up with Richard Sherman for the majority of Sunday's game against the Seahawks.

We can be certain Seattle won't let Boldin humiliate them like he did to the Packers in Week 1. Sherman is a physical 6-foot-3 corner that was a first-team All-Pro last season and graded out as ProFootballFocus' top cover corner by a wide margin. Boldin is a solid WR3, but owners chasing last week's 13/208/1 line are going to be very disappointed. Related: Richard Sherman
Source: CSN Bay Area

Sep 12 - 11:41 AM

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I hope not. I think you may be wrong though since the last time the teams met the 49ers suffered a humiliating beatdown. I think they will be ready

I'm not saying the players themselves are taking it less seriously. I'm sure they're taking it incredibly seriously after last season's embarrassment in Seattle, as well they should.

What I'm saying is that the fallout from a loss - assuming a fairly close loss - would be worse for the Hawks than the Niners. Sure, the Niners got their asses handed to them last time. But the Niners showed no ill effects from that loss in the following games or their run through the playoffs. If the Niners are blown out again, then it raises serious questions as to whether the Hawks have the Niners' number, which could be a problem when the teams meet later in the year or in the playoffs. But if we're talking about a competitive game with the winner coming out on top by a TD or less, I think Seattle has more to lose. Again, neither team has all that much to lose at this point, but the Hawks should win this one, and as such, a loss should hurt them more.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying the players themselves are taking it less seriously. I'm sure they're taking it incredibly seriously after last season's embarrassment in Seattle, as well they should.

What I'm saying is that the fallout from a loss - assuming a fairly close loss - would be worse for the Hawks than the Niners. Sure, the Niners got their asses handed to them last time. But the Niners showed no ill effects from that loss in the following games or their run through the playoffs. If the Niners are blown out again, then it raises serious questions as to whether the Hawks have the Niners' number, which could be a problem when the teams meet later in the year or in the playoffs. But if we're talking about a competitive game with the winner coming out on top by a TD or less, I think Seattle has more to lose. Again, neither team has all that much to lose at this point, but the Hawks should win this one, and as such, a loss should hurt them more.

Yes. The 49ers are the fair-haired golden child of the division while Seattle is the red-headed step child. Seattle's inferiority complex whould be much worsened if they lost to the 49ers.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes. The 49ers are the fair-haired golden child of the division while Seattle is the red-headed step child. Seattle's inferiority complex whould be much worsened if they lost to the 49ers.

Exactly.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Though let's be honest: neither team should need any additional motivation going into this one.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agreed. Seattle fans generally aren't that bad, though. They talk a fair bit, especially when the Hawks win. But after a loss they're positively docile, even polite. I've been congratulated on good games in the past.

been there two times, one a 49er game and other Hawaii vs Washington St.. from these two experiences I totally agree on Northwest fans, very polite, very cordial.....even when their team is losing/lost.

in general, fans are fans and we ALL "talk chit" cause that's being a fan. we underestimate how much we talk and overestimate how much other fans talk. just human nature.......

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle Seahawks to have undercover police in San Francisco 49ers gear - ESPN

I like it, more stadiums need to do this.....NFL and College. don't need a ton of guys undercover, but enough to keep the fans honest.

It is a good idea... That way even if they don't have allot of cops on duty it will make the hecklers think MAYBE that Niner fan could be a cop... lol... it's a good phycological plan to keep things cool... honestly though most Seattle fans are cool and don't go over the top... There is smack talking but violence isn't tolerated... Most fans stand up and stop the BS if someone is going to far... Hell I've stood next to Niners fans at the Clink in the past and just had fun with it... Usually the smack talking is just fun stuff nothing personal... But like every fan base there are a few jerks who take it too far... It's a good idea by the police up here... hopefully more stadiums around the league do the same thing...

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i actually like SF to win this game, Seattle only scored 12 points against Carolina and the 49er defense is much better than Carolina's.....cue Seattle fans.