• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monday Night Football: Jets @ Niners - Week 1 MNF

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any legit fantasy player already had Mason on their bench and just switched from McCaffery to Mason when it was announced. The SF run game is too good not to handcuff. Hell I already spent $5 on add/drop when I had to switch from Mitchell who I drafted to Mason who I clearly didnt.

Hell it might have even saved plenty of people from benching Mason and starting a deeper RB like Chubba or something like that not knowing what to expect from Mason.

As a McCaffery owner, I say rest him till October and give Mason 25+ touches every week until then. Then McCaffery can come back and take over the workload.
In the league I play in, another player selected Mason in the 13th round so he wasn’t available for the CMC owner.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets have a handful of get right games here over the next few weeks so they should okay but their inability to stop the run or even slow it down might be a concern with a very tough schedule in the second half of the season. Of course, they may correct a lot of that and San Fran is a very good team so time will tell. They really got punched in the mouth last night though and I think it might slow down the ridiculous hype train they were on. The defense is very good but people were talking like it was like it was some all-time great unit at times which is kinda dumb.
They have to play a few teams that can run the ball pretty good so let's see how they adjust and improve. I still think they are more of a fringe play-off team then a legit threat to the top dogs in the AFC. Rodgers still has the elite arm but it's obvious he can't extend plays and besides Wilson, is there honestly a WR on that roster that scares anybody? Obviously, only week 1 and playing a legit SB contender but maybe last night will get some people to just pump the brakes a little on the hype train.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any legit fantasy player already had Mason on their bench and just switched from McCaffery to Mason when it was announced. The SF run game is too good not to handcuff. Hell I already spent $5 on add/drop when I had to switch from Mitchell who I drafted to Mason who I clearly didnt.

Hell it might have even saved plenty of people from benching Mason and starting a deeper RB like Chubba or something like that not knowing what to expect from Mason.

As a McCaffery owner, I say rest him till October and give Mason 25+ touches every week until then. Then McCaffery can come back and take over the workload.
I selected him in my draft, final pick, and the CMC owner was pissed at me. But I didn't start him last night.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Shanahan said CMC was day to day and if it was a playoff game he thought he would've played on Monday.

Now no telling if CMC actually plays against the Vikings and the injury can linger but as far as I know that didn't come from Shanahan.

If I had to wager on it I think they hold out CMC against the Vikings unless he's 100%. They're on a short week on the road with a 10 am game against a team that probably aren't thinking "Man we gotta get that tiebreaker vs the Vikings" and that's no disrespect to the Vikes as they did beat the 9ers last season.

Maybe if they lost to the Jets they'd be more inclined to get CMC out there because being 0-2 feels a lot different than being 1-1 but I have a feeling they'd rather his first game be against the Rams where a win or loss could really matter.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shanahan said CMC was day to day and if it was a playoff game he thought he would've played on Monday.

Now no telling if CMC actually plays against the Vikings and the injury can linger but as far as I know that didn't come from Shanahan.

If I had to wager on it I think they hold out CMC against the Vikings unless he's 100%. They're on a short week on the road with a 10 am game against a team that probably aren't thinking "Man we gotta get that tiebreaker vs the Vikings" and that's no disrespect to the Vikes as they did beat the 9ers last season.

Maybe if they lost to the Jets they'd be more inclined to get CMC out there because being 0-2 feels a lot different than being 1-1 but I have a feeling they'd rather his first game be against the Rams where a win or loss could really matter.

Agreed. I tastefully dislike the 49ers, but the smart thing to do is sit CMAC and just march out the usual crew and Mason who played lights out against a very good Jets DL. And you have your entire supporting cast of weapons (Samuel/Aiyuk/Kittle/Williams) healthy so why not?

And I know the Vikes demolished the Giants, but it's the Giants... I would be quite surprised if CMAC comes in this week after the dominance we saw over the Jets.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does “rest” actually help an Achilles strain, though? My casual observation of these is that once a strain happens, a tear WILL happen, eventually (if professional stress is continued to be applied). Am I wrong in my understanding?

It seems to me that a tear is inevitable. So play him when he is NEEDED, and hope he doesn’t tear it when the team is in a situation where they don’t have options. Right now, they don’t NEED him, so don’t risk the injury right now.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his defense...the play calling was the worst I've seen in a long time.
Known Niner ( hater is kinda harsh) antagonist Troy Aikman was making positive comments about the Jets OC.
I'll freely admit, I didn't take note.
Rodgers has had a problem beating the Niners regardless of the shade of green he's wearing. He never got over the Niners not selecting him1st overall that draft.
Now, having said that. I hope the Jets can get over the snide and become a contender.

raoul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers has had a problem beating the Niners regardless of the shade of green he's wearing. He never got over the Niners not selecting him1st overall that draft.
Now, having said that. I hope the Jets can get over the snide and become a contender.
It's kind of difficult when the pass plays are called like this:

Long video but you only need to watch the first 2:30 to get the gist.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody thinking Nathaniel Hackett is a legit O.C. is likely not thinking straight. Only reason he got the gig is he's Aaron's bromance buddy. Somewhere, GnG is really jealous of Hackett.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does “rest” actually help an Achilles strain, though? My casual observation of these is that once a strain happens, a tear WILL happen, eventually (if professional stress is continued to be applied). Am I wrong in my understanding?

It seems to me that a tear is inevitable. So play him when he is NEEDED, and hope he doesn’t tear it when the team is in a situation where they don’t have options. Right now, they don’t NEED him, so don’t risk the injury right now.
That does seem to happen a lot with athletes. I think for normal people who give it rest, rest can cure an achilles strain. But it would probably take months of rest.

I would not call it inevitable, but I agree that if you are the Niners, no need to rush CMC back after what Mason did. Try to grind out some wins, run the young guy 25 times a game if needed since you won't be using him down the stretch anyway.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That does seem to happen a lot with athletes. I think for normal people who give it rest, rest can cure an achilles strain. But it would probably take months of rest.

I would not call it inevitable, but I agree that if you are the Niners, no need to rush CMC back after what Mason did. Try to grind out some wins, run the young guy 25 times a game if needed since you won't be using him down the stretch anyway.
Yeah, absolutely no point to be forced to put CMC in until you know for sure he's 100% and the team is at a point where they really need to get rolling toward a play-off run. If we know anything at all about the Shanahan family is that they can and will get the most out of whatever RB they put out on the field. As great as McCaffery is, that team has plenty of other guys to step up. Mason won't look that good every week but he will probably get the job done enough and the Niners will still win games.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A strain heals completely with rest.
I had an achilles strain in boot camp and did not get rest.
I then got tendonitis. With rest i was able to complete bootcamp.
I did get calcification many years later but it has not been a problem......

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3 weeks max at that age.
Then you must ramp up to full usage.
A pro athlete can start training sooner than 3 weeks but it must be supervised and careful.
Best not done with a linebacker on your back.....

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like he has the tendonitis and it's not going away basically. So he needs to shut it down.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like the Niners are being extra careful with what they are describing as a calf strain but may be more like an Achilles strain. Wow. The fact that Mason let slip that he knew Friday he’d start is probably going to get the attention of the league office, but I’d be surprised to see CMC against the Vikings now. They’ll likely rest him another week.