• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Power Rankings: Week 7 Edition

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were down 3-0 when he exited the game. They have wins, without their HOF quarterback, against Dallas and Seattle. They’ll probably lose this week against Chicago and then the 49ers can move up.

49ers don't need to move up..... in reality.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when Brees comes back, the only QB on their roster to lose a game this year, they will be tough to beat and so based on that they edge out the unbeaten niners and unbeaten Jimmy G?

good talk.
You seriously have no common sense when it comes to analyzing football. So in your opinion, since Brees is the one that has the loss, then Bridgewater is the better quarterback. New Orleans is better than your 49ers, sorry that facts hurt you. You are still about the 4th best team in the NFC behind the Saints, Seahawks, and Packers.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers have a losing record against the Eagles during my lifetime and while I’ve been an adult and this season (which is really what matters most).

Relying on wins from decades past is a loser move that Cowboys fans often try to pull. I thought Packers fans were better than that.
Lol. Full troll mode today

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont put much stock into power rankings, but @knowyourenemy your power rankings are one of the better ones I have read. if I were to critique I think you let a little homerism seep in when ranking the eagles. but other than that pretty solid. they have only one game they did well in (jets) up til then they are all barely winning or losing. makes me think they should be in the teens.
While I cant argue with your ranking of the giants, I do think in your comments you were a lil hard on the beav (Danny Dimes) playing the #1 NE defense with all of your offensive guys not playing, I would give him a pass.

All in all though, really good job. :thumb:

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seriously have no common sense when it comes to analyzing football. So in your opinion, since Brees is the one that has the loss, then Bridgewater is the better quarterback. New Orleans is better than your 49ers, sorry that facts hurt you. You are still about the 4th best team in the NFC behind the Saints, Seahawks, and Packers.

So I have no common sense in analyzing football AND Saints are better than 9ers who are the 4th best team in the NFC behind seahawks and packers and saints...?

source.gif

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that the Lions forced turnovers is not a negative for them. How many games does Green Bay need to get outplayed at home for anyone to realize that they’re not that good?

What is your definition of being outplayed by the Lions how did they out play the Packers?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I've read it....it's ridiculous, but it's what I generally expect from the usual suspects.

The NFCW should be thanking BB. The plan is already working. Two NFCW teams actually beat the Rams this year. Hell your team even has a chance at winning the division thanks to BB. SF in the playoffs. Who would've thunk?

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I have no common sense in analyzing football AND Saints are better than 9ers who are the 4th best team in the NFC behind seahawks and packers and saints...?

source.gif
You are basing your entire argument on record. Power Rankings are not based on record alone, that's what league standings are for. Power Rankings take record, margin of victory, strength of schedule, whether or not a win was ugly or if a loss was a tough break loss. Take Detroit for example, they played the Packers to the brink and played an amazing game, so they should not be punished on the power rankings as a team like the Cowboys who was embarrassed by a bad team.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team Name, W-L record (prior ranking)

16. Dallas Cowboys, 3-3 (5): Cowboys fans were puffing out their chest and talking shit on Philly sports radio during the first 3 weeks of the season. Suddenly, those pussies have gone silent over the last 3 weeks. Cowboys fans who are from the northeast are cowards and generally terrible people.
We're still here. Fuck you. You guys suck too :heh:

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are basing your entire argument on record. Power Rankings are not based on record alone, that's what league standings are for. Power Rankings take record, margin of victory, strength of schedule, whether or not a win was ugly or if a loss was a tough break loss. Take Detroit for example, they played the Packers to the brink and played an amazing game, so they should not be punished on the power rankings as a team like the Cowboys who was embarrassed by a bad team.

I am not basing my entire argument on record...
49ers have the 2nd best defense, the 4th best offense. They are the number one defense against the pass. One of the best against the run. And they are the 2nd best rushing team. AND 5-0 on top of that after decimating the NFC Conference champs Rams last sunday. The argument that the niners are better than GB or Saints is solid. Don't be a such a fool.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not basing my entire argument on record...
49ers have the 2nd best defense, the 4th best offense. They are the number one defense against the pass. One of the best against the run. And they are the 2nd best rushing team. AND 5-0 on top of that after decimating the NFC Conference champs Rams last sunday. The argument that the niners are better than GB or Saints is solid. Don't be a such a fool.

The Rams game notwithstanding, I think you could make an argument that the Niners built those stats by playing substandard teams.

Just a thought.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wouldn't a lightening strike be more specific?

I mean earthquakes affect a lot of people.....
That's a good point. Let me rethink my strategy