• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monday Night Football: Jets @ Niners - Week 1 MNF

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodger benched so he can take his
Week 1 in the books...now everybody will get to work with their starters and make adjustments to move forward...we are officially in full swing
Or in the jets case, assume the fetal position and endure the nonstop barrage of the ny media.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 445.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodger benched so he can take his

Or in the jets case, assume the fetal position and endure the nonstop barrage of the ny media.

The good news is the Giants looked even worse, the bad news is the Giants have no expectations, and the Jets actually have some. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about the Jets, they'll be ok, they played one of the best teams in the NFL tonight, but that can change in a hurry.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Wow I thought I hit my head and went back to 2019 watching that 9ers offense.

I remember quite a few games that year where they just pounded the ball over and over and over again daring the defense to stop it.

If they can regain that magic that will make the 9ers an even better team than last season.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,805.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow I thought I hit my head and went back to 2019 watching that 9ers offense.

I remember quite a few games that year where they just pounded the ball over and over and over again daring the defense to stop it.

If they can regain that magic that will make the 9ers an even better team than last season.
No doubt....but when is CMac due back?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
No doubt....but when is CMac due back?
No telling but I'd rather him be healthy before he steps onto the field. I know you can't overlook anybody and all wins matter but I'd rather make sure he isn't broken down or banged up for the playoff push.

I can sure tell you that Jordan Mason won't be telling you CMC's status anytime soon.....

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,805.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No telling but I'd rather him be healthy before he steps onto the field. I know you can't overlook anybody and all wins matter but I'd rather make sure he isn't broken down or banged up for the playoff push.

I can sure tell you that Jordan Mason won't be telling you CMC's status anytime soon.....
Yeah..he was solid. Good to see....and especially with Elijah Mitchell out for possibly the season, or most of it.

Also..you're right...
...I just came across this...

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yeah..he was solid. Good to see....and especially with Elijah Mitchell out for possibly the season, or most of it.

Also..you're right...
...I just came across this...
It's really only a big deal to gamblers and the fantasy football crowd which often times involves money.

But every team engages in shenanigans with the injury report and unless it's an injury they can't hide they'll be coy about how a player really is doing.

I'm sure teams will get that league-wide email reminding them to be accurate in reporting injuries but nothing will come of this because while we all know telling Mason he's starting Friday night means CMC is out telling a guy he's out it technically doesn't mean he's out and the 9ers and other teams can easily spin reports to avoid trouble.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media can tell us all day that the Jets are contenders. They need to prove it. Great quarterbacks are supposed to be difference makers, but did Green Bay really miss a beat without Rodgers last year. No they actually improved.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like the Niners are being extra careful with what they are describing as a calf strain but may be more like an Achilles strain. Wow. The fact that Mason let slip that he knew Friday he’d start is probably going to get the attention of the league office, but I’d be surprised to see CMC against the Vikings now. They’ll likely rest him another week.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,766.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers is old,hasnt played in a year, coming off a terrible injury, after a very new procedure… and laid a dud in his first game….lets pump brakes on rodgers and the jets in general
It had been 610 days since he last played a full game so of course he was a little rusty but he did not play that bad.

The defense is more to blame than Rodgers. Allowed 180 rushing yards and 32 points.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like the Niners are being extra careful with what they are describing as a calf strain but may be more like an Achilles strain. Wow. The fact that Mason let slip that he knew Friday he’d start is probably going to get the attention of the league office, but I’d be surprised to see CMC against the Vikings now. They’ll likely rest him another week.

Any legit fantasy player already had Mason on their bench and just switched from McCaffery to Mason when it was announced. The SF run game is too good not to handcuff. Hell I already spent $5 on add/drop when I had to switch from Mitchell who I drafted to Mason who I clearly didnt.

Hell it might have even saved plenty of people from benching Mason and starting a deeper RB like Chubba or something like that not knowing what to expect from Mason.

As a McCaffery owner, I say rest him till October and give Mason 25+ touches every week until then. Then McCaffery can come back and take over the workload.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It had been 610 days since he last played a full game so of course he was a little rusty but he did not play that bad.

The defense is more to blame than Rodgers. Allowed 180 rushing yards and 32 points.
He wasnt good.