• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Week Thread: Niners at Seahawks

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time I checked we still won the Division. Who cares where we won it.

I hear ya, but I could have done without that beatdown they gave us up there just the same. I want the 49ers to return the favor on Sunday by beating the Hawks.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

The new ESPN Seattle guy strikes me as a tremendous homer. I always felt Sando was pretty objective - I know many on here disagree - but Blount is over the top for me. Noticed this gem in the article above:

Davis had just one catch for 27 yards in the 42-13 Seahawks win at Seattle last December. A big reason for that was Thomas and strong safety Kam Chancellor.

Or, a big part of it may have been that Davis had terrible chemistry with Kaepernick during the regular season last year. After a strong game against Chicago, Davis disappeared. In fact, in the final six games of the season, his game against the Hawks was his STRONGEST game.

No one disputes that the Hawks have a great D, especially on the back end, but this is weak evidence of that at best.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Didn't he take a big helmet to helmet or defenseless receiver type hit toward the beginning of the game? That could of had something to with it as well...

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The new ESPN Seattle guy strikes me as a tremendous homer. I always felt Sando was pretty objective - I know many on here disagree - but Blount is over the top for me. Noticed this gem in the article above:

Davis had just one catch for 27 yards in the 42-13 Seahawks win at Seattle last December. A big reason for that was Thomas and strong safety Kam Chancellor.

Or, a big part of it may have been that Davis had terrible chemistry with Kaepernick during the regular season last year. After a strong game against Chicago, Davis disappeared. In fact, in the final six games of the season, his game against the Hawks was his STRONGEST game.

No one disputes that the Hawks have a great D, especially on the back end, but this is weak evidence of that at best.

don't quite follow...............Davis having one catch is weak evidence they have a great D, especially on the back end? how do we tell if they have a great 'back end' or not?

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't he take a big helmet to helmet or defenseless receiver type hit toward the beginning of the game? That could of had something to with it as well...

Yes & no.

VD did his little "hop scotch" skipping move he always does when gator arming catches and Chancellor hit VD right below the chin right as his feet were about to land on the turf again. It wasn't a helmet to helmet hit, but VD's head did snap forward, so the refs threw a flag. To be fair I thought it looked illegal at game speed, but the replay showed Chancellor got all body and it was VD's momentum from his skip move made the hit worse than it should have been.

So, yeah he got clocked, there was a flag, and I think he left the game with a concussion, but IMO it is unfair to say it was a dirty play.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't he get hurt with a concussion that game??

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh the VD Kam hit?

Oh yes i remember that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
don't quite follow...............Davis having one catch is weak evidence they have a great D, especially on the back end? how do we tell if they have a great 'back end' or not?

Davis having one catch is weak evidence because Davis was in the middle of a horrible phase with Kap. Stopping him doesn't prove much of anything, and the Hawks actually did a worse job of shutting him down than New Orleans, St. Louis, Miami, New England, and Arizona. Perhaps those other teams were as effective as they were - each limiting Davis to 15 yards or fewer - because they were trotting out such great cover safeties as Roman Harper, Craig Dahl, Chris Clemons, Reshad Jones, Steve Gregory, and Adrian Wilson, but I would disagree with that.

A better example would be to look at a guy that was generally successful in the periods before and after he played the Hawks, but struggled against the Hawks.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes & no.

VD did his little "hop scotch" skipping move he always does when gator arming catches and Chancellor hit VD right below the chin right as his feet were about to land on the turf again. It wasn't a helmet to helmet hit, but VD's head did snap forward, so the refs threw a flag. To be fair I thought it looked illegal at game speed, but the replay showed Chancellor got all body and it was VD's momentum from his skip move made the hit worse than it should have been.

So, yeah he got clocked, there was a flag, and I think he left the game with a concussion, but IMO it is unfair to say it was a dirty play.

Just so were clear, I never said it was dirty (not sure if you were aiming that at me or not)... I couldn't remember if it was a helmet to helmet or just a defensless receiver kind of hit that drew the flag. My response was to Crimson's point of a homer announcer claiming that VD's weak stat line total was because of the Safety play of Seattle. But I remembered him getting his clock cleaned and thought that was why he had a weak stat line...

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Davis having one catch is weak evidence because Davis was in the middle of a horrible phase with Kap. Stopping him doesn't prove much of anything, and the Hawks actually did a worse job of shutting him down than New Orleans, St. Louis, Miami, New England, and Arizona. Perhaps those other teams were as effective as they were - each limiting Davis to 15 yards or fewer - because they were trotting out such great cover safeties as Roman Harper, Craig Dahl, Chris Clemons, Reshad Jones, Steve Gregory, and Adrian Wilson, but I would disagree with that.

A better example would be to look at a guy that was generally successful in the periods before and after he played the Hawks, but struggled against the Hawks.

ok.

just thought is was "contradicting" INITIALLY, cause their secondary wasn't the reason for 1 catch, yet they're a great D, especially the secondary?

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? Just from a rivalry standpoint... Biggest game... HELL NO.... But it did keep your niners from winning the division on our home turf... No one wants another team celebrating on there home turf... So it was a big game last season... But not as big as the Redskins game Or the Atlanta game... Just like Sunday night is a big game for both our squads early in the season....

Having lived happily in Seattle for the last 20 years, I can tell you I don't remember a regular season game in any sport that has been as overhyped as this one in this city. All day long the sports radio jockeys here are spewing their hatred of Harbaugh, nitpicking at every comment of his, latching onto any national commentator that thinks Russell Wilson is better than Kaepernick, why this will be a statement game, blah, blah, blah. From what little I know of what's going on in the Bay Area I am pretty sure it hasn't reached this type of fever pitch, or this level of vitriol. Which leads me to this question; Yes the Seahawks are favored, and should win the game, but what if they don't? I suspect that the next day the sports media will say "This is just week two, doesn't mean anything, not that big of a deal." You know a tremendous case of collective amnesia for the buildup the week before.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know if they're going to be broadcasting the ring ceremony before the game in honor of last season's victory? I assume they'll also be retiring the numbers 42 and 13 at halftime. Could make for a long night.

Lol funniest thing I've read all day

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Haha, well played sir.

:10:

A great first post. Welcome to the boards!

Considering he only has one post, a good one, he should leave now.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so were clear, I never said it was dirty (not sure if you were aiming that at me or not)... I couldn't remember if it was a helmet to helmet or just a defensless receiver kind of hit that drew the flag. My response was to Crimson's point of a homer announcer claiming that VD's weak stat line total was because of the Safety play of Seattle. But I remembered him getting his clock cleaned and thought that was why he had a weak stat line...

I know you never said it was dirty, I just remember thinking the flag on the play was justified until the slo-mo replay showed otherwise. I dunno, I get irritated watching VD barely jump 5 inches off the ground instead of extending his arms and catching the ball in stride because it slows him down and puts him in a vulnerable spot to get hurt like he did.

I guess I was just bitching....

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having lived happily in Seattle for the last 20 years, I can tell you I don't remember a regular season game in any sport that has been as overhyped as this one in this city. All day long the sports radio jockeys here are spewing their hatred of Harbaugh, nitpicking at every comment of his, latching onto any national commentator that thinks Russell Wilson is better than Kaepernick, why this will be a statement game, blah, blah, blah. From what little I know of what's going on in the Bay Area I am pretty sure it hasn't reached this type of fever pitch, or this level of vitriol. Which leads me to this question; Yes the Seahawks are favored, and should win the game, but what if they don't? I suspect that the next day the sports media will say "This is just week two, doesn't mean anything, not that big of a deal." You know a tremendous case of collective amnesia for the buildup the week before.

Strange i am not hearing this "Hype" like you are claiming,but make no mistake this game is BIG because 3 or so losses may separate who has home field,so if you niner fans think this is no big deal you better check again.

I have no doubt you guys would love to get some revenge for the kicking you got here last time.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geeze i was not aware you guys are so sensitive.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this goes both ways because the teams are division rivals, and for what its worth I dislike Pete Carroll probably as much as rival fans dislike Harbaugh, but you'd think the city of Seattle or the Seahawks themselves would be less worried about a coach (Harbs) and focus on the actual team.

I swear it seems like Seattle has Niners/Harbaugh tourettes syndrome, making any situation ripe for random Harbaugh bashing.

"Excuse me, do you know when the bus is coming?"
- GRR I WANT TO PUNCH HARBAUGH IN THE DICK!

"This is Domino's Pizza, can you please hold?"
- IF HARBAUGH STILL PLAYED FOOTBALL I'D CRACK BACK BLOCK HIM SOOOOO BAD!

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know if they're going to be broadcasting the ring ceremony before the game in honor of last season's victory? I assume they'll also be retiring the numbers 42 and 13 at halftime. Could make for a long night.

:10::lol:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I know this goes both ways because the teams are division rivals, and for what its worth I dislike Pete Carroll probably as much as rival fans dislike Harbaugh

I don't think it's even close. Carroll isn't good enough to be hated as much as Harbaugh.