• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN's Mike Sando's starting QB ranking

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, you admitted being a tard, hahaha...:laugh3:

Ya, that and saying other teams didnt game plan for him, etc.

Seriously, you just pull shit out yer ass and call it caviar, when everyone else plainly sees it for what it is.

Have you any facts to back your shit up? I mean like being tied for most touchdown throws in his first two years. Things like that, you know, facts....

Facts? Yeah, the facts are, if he had been drafted by anyone besides Seattle, he wouldn't have a ring, he wouldn't have the same stats, and he would be viewed somewhere between Tannehill and Ponder.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Facts? Yeah, the facts are, if he had been drafted by anyone besides Seattle, he wouldn't have a ring, he wouldn't have the same stats, and he would be viewed somewhere between Tannehill and Ponder.

How do you feel about the players ranking him at 5 for QBs in the NFLN top 100?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you feel about the players ranking him at 5 for QBs in the NFLN top 100?

You have to remember Super Bowl winners usually get very much inflated by the players. Look at Joe Flacco last year as he came in 19th overall on the list. This year he finished 58th.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to remember Super Bowl winners usually get very much inflated by the players. Look at Joe Flacco last year as he came in 19th overall on the list. This year he finished 58th.

:nod:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If thinking Russell Wilson is average at best equals weak sauce, you bet

Weak sauce love it. Around here we would say that your weaker than puppy shit or your weaker than circus lemonade.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And these analysts inflate their rankings by stats. Players repect winners, analysts respect numbers.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And these analysts inflate their rankings by stats. Players repect winners, analysts respect numbers.

Yep just like darth Hoodie said " Stats are for loser" and "may the force be with you"

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand that. Players though don't have time to watch film on every one of these players and see how much of an impact a player really has on a certain game. All they see is the wins and especially for the quarterback position because most view it as the most important on the field just automatically put wins with that quarterback. Again did you really think Flacco 2 years ago was the 19th best player in the league? I mean nothing changed from this year compared to the one before that with Flacco other than him not winning the Super Bowl. and he dropped down close to 60th in the league.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that. Players though don't have time to watch film on every one of these players and see how much of an impact a player really has on a certain game. All they see is the wins and especially for the quarterback position because most view it as the most important on the field just automatically put wins with that quarterback. Again did you really think Flacco 2 years ago was the 19th best player in the league? I mean nothing changed from this year compared to the one before that with Flacco other than him not winning the Super Bowl. and he dropped down close to 60th in the league.

Yeah, they dont take time to watch. Except for hours and hours of film study, then actually paying against them.

Flacco was much higher on a lot of analysts list last year than this year too.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He had an incredible playoff run to go into Mile High and Gillette to win games as a WC and then beat SF. His TD/INT was flat out sic

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they dont take time to watch. Except for hours and hours of film study, then actually paying against them.

Flacco was much higher on a lot of analysts list last year than this year too.

Not every one of these guys play Seattle every year. Why would those players who are not playing Seattle take time to watch hours and hours of film on him? In a given season a team will only play 13 teams in the league. That means over half the players they are talking to at least on the defensive side of the ball have probably watched 0 film on Wilson all season long. Throw in probably half the players they ask are offensive players that means at best only about 25% of the players who they ask for this poll have actually played against Russell Wilson that would have required them to watch film on him.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had an incredible playoff run to go into Mile High and Gillette to win games as a WC and then beat SF. His TD/INT was flat out sic

He did have a great run and it is what was fresh in these players' heads when these questions were being asked. There have not been many quarterbacks that have had that good of a 4 game stretch especially in the playoffs as did Flacco. I tip my hat to him for doing so but if you look at his full body of work it is easy to see that his play in those games was not his norm.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not every one of these guys play Seattle every year. Why would those players who are not playing Seattle take time to watch hours and hours of film on him? In a given season a team will only play 13 teams in the league. That means over half the players they are talking to at least on the defensive side of the ball have probably watched 0 film on Wilson all season long. Throw in probably half the players they ask are offensive players that means at best only about 25% of the players who they ask for this poll have actually played against Russell Wilson that would have required them to watch film on him.

You keep pointing to Flacco and how high he was on the list last year right?

They ranked him as the 7th best QB in the top 100. This same ESPN list that you are claiming are more well suited to make rankings had him as the 6th best QB. Theyre in no better position to judge players than the players are.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep pointing to Flacco and how high he was on the list last year right?

They ranked him as the 7th best QB in the top 100. This same ESPN list that you are claiming are more well suited to make rankings had him as the 6th best QB. Theyre in no better position to judge players than the players are.

This list has him 12th so not sure what you are talking about. Players have Flacco ranked 10th. Last year I think Flacco finished 5th overall in quarterbacks and now has dropped back to 10th. Just saying Super Bowl wins especially sway these guys more than any other thing. I mean look at some of the Ravens players that made it on last year's list and it is just shocking.

Now I'm guessing you are getting your 7th best QB because at this point he is the 7th best quarterback revealed but you seem to forget they still have 3 more quarterbacks to reveal in the top-10 pushing him back to 10th.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did have a great run and it is what was fresh in these players' heads when these questions were being asked. There have not been many quarterbacks that have had that good of a 4 game stretch especially in the playoffs as did Flacco. I tip my hat to him for doing so but if you look at his full body of work it is easy to see that his play in those games was not his norm.

Know I concur and exactly what I was thinking, with that remarkable run, esp in 2 places almost impossible to win, against 2 HOFers QBs to boot, yes fresh on players minds

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd drop Luck to the middle of the second tier, probably drop Eli Manning and Flacco more towards the bottom of the second tier, and maybe think about moving Cam up to the bottom of the second tier.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This list has him 12th so not sure what you are talking about. Players have Flacco ranked 10th. Last year I think Flacco finished 5th overall in quarterbacks and now has dropped back to 10th. Just saying Super Bowl wins especially sway these guys more than any other thing. I mean look at some of the Ravens players that made it on last year's list and it is just shocking.

Now I'm guessing you are getting your 7th best QB because at this point he is the 7th best quarterback revealed but you seem to forget they still have 3 more quarterbacks to reveal in the top-10 pushing him back to 10th.

Im talking about last years rankings. You dismissed the top 100 list becaus last year they had him at 7. This same espn list that you are citing as better, more dependable rankings had him at 6 last year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im talking about last years rankings. You dismissed the top 100 list becaus last year they had him at 7. This same espn list that you are citing as better, more dependable rankings had him at 6 last year.

Not that I don't believe you just didn't know they did this last year. Flacco being at 6 on the list by these guys would not surprise me though. He did just have one of the greatest playoff runs by a quarterback in NFL history. They too can get caught up in the hype. I'm not saying these guys are perfect in their rankings as I would change some myself. Not sure how in the world they have Cam Newton so low after taking his team to the playoffs like he did and improving as a passing quarterback in the process. I do however like a ranking like this in they have gotten opinions from all over the map in the NFL world. Pretty sure they used Head Coaches, Offensive Coordinators, Defensive Coordinators, Scouts, GM's, and even a top-executive in the league. That is a nice variety of guys that can give a well-rounded idea of what both offensive and defensive guys think while also sprinkling in what a GM would want in a player.

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great post, and here is the thing about Wilson. There wasn't one team that gameplanned for him this season. All the NFL DC's now have a book on this kid, and they WILL take away the things he does best. If he can make adjustments to their adjustments, he will move closer to the top 10. Lets see it first

Sorry but I doubt that this is even remotely true. Wilson can beat teams with his arm and his legs, which means that teams must game plan for Wilson. Furthermore, he's probably the most elusive QB in the NFL, and makes big plays while scrambling on a regular basis. You can say that teams "now have the book" on Wilson-- but unless those teams have the personnel to get disciplined pressure from the ends and up the middle simultaneously while rushing only four, then they won't have the personnel to put that book into application. Every QB will suffer if a team can get both interior and edge pressure rushing only four. Wilson's 'slump' at the end of last year came against great defenses with good/great front sevens (Niners, Cards, Rams, Saints)-- and this while getting very poor pass protection due multiple OL injuries, and missing his top two WRs for the same reason. On top of that, Pete Carroll is fanatical about protecting the football on offense, and became ultra-conservative during that stretch because he believed that the D and running game could grind out wins on the way to preserving home field advanatge for the Hawks.

I don't have a problem with Wilson being ranked around #8 in this poll. But I think you're kidding yourself if you believe that Wilson is an easy QB to game plan for.