• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Mike Sando's 2022 QB Tier

Do You Agree With Your Team's QB Rank?

• I agree With The Placement or Its Close Enough So I Can't Compalin

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • No, Its Too Low.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • No, Its Too High.

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much every efficiency measure you can think of in modern football discourse. Maybe could get away with Wilson last year.

Past accomplishments don't mean much when discussing rankings for 2022, especially the further back they go. Watson could very well miss the entire season; he shouldn't even be in the rankings until that is determined. Stafford had his team change and did well. Whether or not the same happens with Wilson and Watson is yet to be determined (and Watson could be a year off yet).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it’s not. Watson has been a borderline top 5 QB. He was the Josh Allen of the discourse before Josh Allen figured it out and Watson get pulled off stage. That’s one of the easiest calls ever to say Watson>Stafford

You're basing this off of stats that didn't result in team success and he may not even play this year. How can he be ranked in an upper tier if potentially unavailable?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're basing this off of stats that didn't result in team success and he may not even play this year. How can he be ranked in an upper tier if potentially unavailable?
Because he is more skilled. That's it. At no point is this a moral liability contest, because Watson loses pretty quickly.

The most predictive thing for future performance is... past performance.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Herbert needs to carry his team to some type of achievement like a division win or even just a playoff birth before his is tier 1. That is really the only issue I have with this list.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What reasoning places Russ and Watson above Stafford based on past results? Fit with a new franchise certainly puts some question on both at least temporarily. Watson has the label of a garbage time QB by many.
I do think you could argue that they're all the same tier. Watson, Stafford, and Russ all being stuck on failing teams at some point.

When talking about the Rams, its hard to get around the fact that they have the best defensive player of this generation. Sean McVay as a coach has a career winning percentage of .681 in what might've been the toughest division in the NFL and made the Super Bowl with Jared Goff. I dont hate the idea of Stafford being tier 1 but I'd like to see him on the Rams for another year. With Wilson, its purely based on the idea that his best years are behind him. He also can prove himself this year. Watsons best years, in theory, are ahead of him. If he is allowed to play. And that guaranteed contract he got was just silly.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it'll be easier midseason actually ( one a few teams lose starters ) but even if you've got to wait til next offseason it doesn't cost you anything other than a little bit of money. Shit what if he plays great in CLE with all that talent around him and you get more next offseason than you gave up for him? Certainly possible
Not like I'd be upset if we acquired JG via trade before knowing what happens with Watson but I trust these guys when it comes to managing the cap.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he is more skilled. That's it. At no point is this a moral liability contest, because Watson loses pretty quickly.

But it's a ranking for this year. If he's not available to play for part of this year, that needs to impact the rating. The best ability is......

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not if all circumstances around that player have changed; these QBs don't perform in a vacuum. The most predictive thing for future performance would be most recent performance under the same conditions. Watson and Russ should excel under better circumstances, but we need examples of that to prove it out. Stafford has a full season of that example.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I think these are the guys that should be expected to win playoff games every year:

1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Patrick Mahomes
4. Josh Allen
5. Justin Herbert
6. Joe Burrow
7. Deshaun Watson...
The problem with that is that there can only be a maximum of 8 teams that win a playoff game each year, and should the teams with byes both lose that number would reduce to 6. You have 5 of those QBs in the same conference. Expecting a consistent stream of playoff wins isn't realistic.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jackson's agent is any good, Lamar gets more everything money wise than Murray.

That's the NFL QB game
Jackson is Jackson's agent. Lamar has never had an agent. He has done his own deals and is doing this one as well.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with that is that there can only be a maximum of 8 teams that win a playoff game each year, and should the teams with byes both lose that number would reduce to 6. You have 5 of those QBs in the same conference. Expecting a consistent stream of playoff wins isn't realistic.
Agreed, but I do think those are the QBs that have the major expectations. The media is probably going to have some bad takes on at least 3 or 4 of these QBs over the course of next season.

You have potentially 7 Tier 1 or Tier 2 QBs playing in the AFCW and AFCN next year imo. Its not going to end well for all of them.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy. This list is based off of competition. That means skills. Suspensions have nothing to do with this list. They are not comparable to being say injury prone.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tier 3 Qbs don't do what Stafford did last year . Sorry but he elevated his game when the Rams needed it.

The Rams are lucky the Pack is never able to beat the 49ers in the playoffs

The Packers owned the Rams during the regular season

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think you could argue that they're all the same tier. Watson, Stafford, and Russ all being stuck on failing teams at some point.

When talking about the Rams, its hard to get around the fact that they have the best defensive player of this generation. Sean McVay as a coach has a career winning percentage of .681 in what might've been the toughest division in the NFL and made the Super Bowl with Jared Goff. I dont hate the idea of Stafford being tier 1 but I'd like to see him on the Rams for another year. With Wilson, its purely based on the idea that his best years are behind him. He also can prove himself this year. Watsons best years, in theory, are ahead of him. If he is allowed to play. And that guaranteed contract he got was just silly.
I agree, I wouldn't Stafford is tier 1, but after last year he should be considered for tier 2. I'm done arguing about it, we will see how this year plays out.