• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Mike Sando's 2022 QB Tier

Do You Agree With Your Team's QB Rank?

• I agree With The Placement or Its Close Enough So I Can't Compalin

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • No, Its Too Low.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • No, Its Too High.

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure do......missed it. Probably fair for both. Think JB a solid backup. Hoping the plan isn't for him to be the man if Watson suspension is longer than, say, 6 games.
CLE should really really really go get Jimmy G

That's no reason for a roster as good as their's needs to be led by Jacoby Brissett for ANY amount of time

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's no reason for a roster as good as there's to be led by Jacoby Brissett for ANY amount of time
Will SF be forced to cut him though? SF just doesn't have a lot of leverage left. It's nearly August. They've already let it slip Lance is the guy.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Stafford has a 10+ year track record and even last year he was 29th in turnover worthy plays. Stafford having 1 nice year is not a tier 1 make, being tier 1 essentially requires you to be an all time great or play at that level going forward, imo. Tier 2 is generally where the 2nd tier HOF'ers. Good QB's like Cousins, Prescott, and Muray are tier 3s to me. If Stafford lights it up again, we can revisit this and maybe talk about tier 2. But for now I don't buy it.

I don't consider tier 1 to necessarily mean GOAT caliber but rather a player capable of HOF/MVP level play. Stafford is on the fringes of that and can get there with another good season imo

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's no reason for a roster as good as there's to be led by Jacoby Brissett for ANY amount of time
With our schedule I could see being willing to weather the storm for 4 games and maybe 6. I wonder if they do look harder at JG if it's much longer for reason you gave.

also could have some cap issues for next year and the more carry over the better.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure do......missed it. Probably fair for both. Think JB a solid backup. Hoping the plan isn't for him to be the man if Watson suspension is longer than, say, 6 games.
As to Herbert. I really like him but at some punt we have to valuec winning too and he just hasn't. People can blame that on whatever they want but if you haven't even made the playoffs i can't put you above guys with SBs, MVPs , playoff runs who are still in their prime

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As to Herbert. I really like him but at some punt we have to valuec winning too and he just hasn't. People can blame that on whatever they want but if you haven't even made the playoffs i can't put you above guys with SBs, MVPs , playoff runs who are still in their prime
Totally agree, and fans can be funny. If they like a guy they will make excuse after excuse for him but will dismiss all excuses for a guy they don't care for.

And it's not like he was dropped into a bad situation.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will SF be forced to cut him though? SF just doesn't have a lot of leverage left. It's nearly August. They've already let it slip Lance is the guy.
They will cut him but if you're Cleveland why risk it? Just send a 5th and make sure you get him.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there's a difference between saying Herbert is a stud and saying he's in the top tier with Mahomes.
I think the only way Herbert doesnt become top tier is if the Chargers roster falls apart.

PFF had a 'Herbert vs Burrow' conversation and one of the points brought up is that while Herbert is better with the eyeball test, he went to Oregon where he wasnt in the best system and his first year on the Chargers he had a coach that wasnt terribly great. At some point, being surrounded by mediocrity could hold Herbert back when compared to Burrow who had a stacked LSU team and a stacked Bengals offense. Mahomes also entered the league on a stacked KC offense.

Thats why this year is so important for the Chargers. This is their year. Stacked roster. They're paying 2 WRs big money and their RB is coming off a career year. They've been investing in oline the past few drafts. They made splash FA moves on defense. Their coach is still respected but ridicule has certainly come into play. If Mahomes, Allen, Brady or Rodgers had that roster they'd be expected to win a SB and anything else would be a disappointment. I dont think we're there yet with Herbert so I understand the idea that he might not be top tier with expectations but he should be.

The Chargers are the only team in the AFC West where you go 'if not now, then when?'. Raiders can likely use OL or secondary as an excuse. Denver has been bad at QB for so long that they might not actually have a proper evaluation on their team yet so if they falter they can tweak their team better with a franchise QB. KC has a bunch of young players and they already had a window.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will cut him but if you're Cleveland why risk it? Just send a 5th and make sure you get him.
That's a huge chunk to pay...as mentioned, cap carry over will matter. Cannot risk being on hook for that without knowing how long Watson is out.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cap reasons I’d assume. Who’s bidding against them?
Seattle. If Jimmy gets cut in sure he will want to go somewhere he thinks he can start long term. That isn't Cleveland

Shit even Atlanta had been rumored to be thinking about Jimmy if he gets cut

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle. If Jimmy gets cut in sure he will want to go somewhere he thinks he can start long term. That isn't Cleveland

Shit even Atlanta had been rumored to be thinking about Jimmy if he gets cut
With what though? If it was even slightly compelling Jimmy G is already gone.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With what though? If it was even slightly compelling Jimmy G is already gone.
In talking about one he's a free agent ( after he's cut ). You're not likely to get him to CLEV then

So the only way you secure him is to trade for him

Unless you're willing to just throw this year away if you're the Browns? Maybe they are

Even if Watson is only suspensedv say 8 gamesb the AFC is too good to start 3-5 then think you're going to make a run

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In talking about one he's a free agent ( after he's cut ). You're not likely to get him to CLEV then

Unless you're willing to just throw this year away if you're the Browns? Maybe they are

Even if Watson is only suspensedv say 8 gamesb the AFC is too good to start 3-5 then think you're going to make a run
A conditional 7th in 2024 or something like that versus holding out for a 4th or similar value is something the 49ers would risk getting nothing for, imo.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

doubt they want to throw it away...but also don't think they'd be willing to pay that much for a guy who could play as little as a handful of games or less. Possible Browns know length of suspension with JG still on SF so could make a deal then if they want.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A conditional 7th in 2024 or something like that versus holding out for a 4th or similar value is something the 49ers would risk getting nothing for, imo.
That's why i said send a 5th lol

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure- but I don’t think that’s is being offered right now from other teams or he would be gone.
Right. That's my point. Why risk him getting cut if youre the Browns? Just go get him. You're not likely to get him one he gets cut and you can always turn around and trade him yourself once a starter gets hurt this year if Watson is back

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. That's my point. Why risk him getting cut if youre the Browns? Just go get him. You're not likely to get him one he gets cut and you can always turn around and trade him yourself once a starter gets hurt this year if Watson is back
I don’t think so. Browns have a way better opportunity than the Falcons and Seahawks to showcase Jimmy’s value, imo. Browns could even trade him midseason theoretically.