• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Mike Sando's 2022 QB Tier

Do You Agree With Your Team's QB Rank?

• I agree With The Placement or Its Close Enough So I Can't Compalin

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • No, Its Too Low.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • No, Its Too High.

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly though Mahomes himself has said that Football IQ wise he struggles with certain things. Said his first few years he struggled to understand what defense was being throw at him on a play to play basis. So some of this is coming from Mahomes himself.

Now given all QB's early on have those struggles so I don't think that is anything that should surprise people.
There are levels to that quote though. He was manipulating defenses and reading them at a high level from his first TD pass in the NFL. Of course he reads defenses at a higher level than his first year starting though. Even Tom Brady would tell you that. To continue on that train in 2022 should be met with extreme suspicion, imo.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are levels to that quote though. He was manipulating defenses and reading them at a high level from his first TD pass in the NFL. Of course he reads defenses at a higher level than his first year starting though. Even Tom Brady would tell you that.
Thanks for saying exactly what I said?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for saying exactly what I said?
I don't think that's really Mahomes fault for people putting words in his mouth. I would not say "some of that's coming from Mahomes." Taking that out of context is just bad faith behavior, imo.

JM2C.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ignorance is gonna be a thing. "SYSTEM QB Joe Montana!!! Tom Brady!!!

It's another when the criticism is one of the only QB's with positive EPA when moved off of his spot is somehow a streetball merchant that can't read defenses legitimately past his first read. There's a reason fans took a quote over reading defenses and took it to Mt. Everest to take it out of context. I don't think Mahomes is wrong for being a little sensitive over racist criticism. Racism isn't something you let slide, imo.

It's one thing if RaiderNationLiker69 does it for possibly just homer reasons, it's another when it's a coach, a media member, a blue checkmark, etc.
Let's face the fact. black qbs face more criticism, irregardless. Attitudes have gotten better over time and hopefully one day we can criticize someone for their on field performance without unwarranted tinge of racism intertwined. Use it as motivation.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ignorance is gonna be a thing. "SYSTEM QB Joe Montana!!! Tom Brady!!!

It's another when the criticism is one of the only QB's with positive EPA when moved off of his spot is somehow a streetball merchant that can't read defenses legitimately past his first read. There's a reason fans took a quote over reading defenses and took it to Mt. Everest to take it out of context. I don't think Mahomes is wrong for being a little sensitive over racist criticism. Racism isn't something you let slide, imo.

It's one thing if RaiderNationLiker69 does it for possibly just homer reasons, it's another when it's a coach, a media member, a blue checkmark, etc.
Well, and specifically it happened around the same time as the Cardinals added the part into Kyler Murrays contract which to me is a whole different level of stupid because its your own QB.

Guys like Mahomes and Lamar and even Watson fell in the draft. The NFL misevaluated them coming into the league from an on-the-field standpoint.

Murray is exactly as billed. #1 overall. Went to the worst team in the NFL. Team has improved every year. Arizona had no leverage on their contract because they built the team around him. No idea why they'd disrespect their own QB and they should be called out on it.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, and specifically it happened around the same time as the Cardinals added the part into Kyler Murrays contract which to me is a whole different level of stupid because its your own QB.

Guys like Mahomes and Lamar and even Watson fell in the draft. The NFL misevaluated them coming into the league from an on-the-field standpoint.

Murray is exactly as billed. #1 overall. Went to the worst team in the NFL. Team has improved every year. Arizona had no leverage on their contract because they built the team around him. No idea why they'd disrespect their own QB and they should be called out on it.
Yeah, that's just weird behavior from the Cardinals FO. If you're doing the weird passive-aggressive scapegoating thing, don't sign him and let it be known he's available for trade. If they want to say they didn't anticipate the independent study clause being perceived that way, they're either lying or just very dumb. To an extent you gotta wonder how a FO like that builds a SB contending roster for Murray.

I am not Murray's babysitter so I won't comment as to the validity of it, but the stuff being leaked out of AZ is some nasty business the last 12 months. AZ can't be mad if people are raising their eyebrows from afar.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The clause kinda just reiterates why the deal took so long. I feel it's kinda like, "ok we are going to pay you and give you what you want but we will insert this clause" They have no other options at QB. I'm not saying they don't believe in him but there is obviously some doubt there. It just doesn't make any sense unless there is doubt.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The clause kinda just reiterates why the deal took so long. I feel it's kinda like, "ok we are going to pay you and give you what you want but we will insert this clause" They have no other options at QB. I'm not saying they don't believe in him but there is obviously some doubt there. It just doesn't make any sense unless there is doubt.
It seems obvious they want/wish Murray would study film more otherwise why do the clause. It seems to me Murray made some mention of not needing to watch film or something to that effect when he got drafted. A lot players love playing but the drudge work like learning from studying film is boring to them. Some learn to like it or at least realize it necessary others need to be pushed to do the boring part of the job.