• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN's Mike Sando's starting QB ranking

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks have had many more productive RB's over the years vs productive QBs. Hell, just look at our FB's over the years, John L, Mack Strong, MRob.
We have never had someone quite like Russell. He throws dimes down field. He demoralizes defenses when he runs. He is absolutely driven like no other.
Seahawk fans know he has his faults, but we have never seen his limits.
Swapping our own substitutes, Russell-Turbin go a lot farther than Tarvaris-Lynch.
I ask you Scoob, which duo would you rather face?
That is not even close and before anyone says Tarvaris is garbage, he is a great #2 QB.
First none of those fullbacks you named are ever close to Lynch. The only running back I would put even close to his level was S. Alexander and he was a completely different type of runner.

Personally, I would rather face Tarvaris-Lynch, but i'm not talking about if the Seahawks had to choose between Lynch or Wilson. My point is, the Seahawks will take a significant step backwards if Lynch retires. I think the balance of the NFC west will shift if that happens. Now if they lose lynch and pick up Adrian Peterson or something like that, obviously my opinion will change.

Keep in mind, we are less than a month removed from the SB, so there is a lot that can happen between now and the start of training camp. Everyone's opinion at this point really means absolutely nothing, but what else do we have to talk about?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First none of those fullbacks you named are ever close to Lynch. The only running back I would put even close to his level was S. Alexander and he was a completely different type of runner.

Personally, I would rather face Tarvaris-Lynch, but i'm not talking about if the Seahawks had to choose between Lynch or Wilson. My point is, the Seahawks will take a significant step backwards if Lynch retires. I think the balance of the NFC west will shift if that happens. Now if they lose lynch and pick up Adrian Peterson or something like that, obviously my opinion will change.

Keep in mind, we are less than a month removed from the SB, so there is a lot that can happen between now and the start of training camp. Everyone's opinion at this point really means absolutely nothing, but what else do we have to talk about?

Sorry, I should not have mentioned any FB's as it lends to confusion. I only mentioned them because to show Seattle has always been fairly good at running it, cuz we have never been that good throwing it.
Outstanding RB's we have had Curt Warner (4 seasons over 1K yds), Chris Warren 4 over 1k, Ricky Watters 3 over 1K, Shaun Alexander 5 over 1K, Marshawn, 4 over 1K.
None of those RB's are HOF's, yet plug any in and we still run for probably 1300+. I know, Marshawn is above all of them because he is the Beast and I am not belittling his role on this team.
Using Minne as an example, with AP they averaged 7.14 wins over the 7 years he ran for them. Last year no AP? 7 wins.

I am really surprised you would take Tarvaris-Lynch to face over RW-Turbin, but that is your choice. Imagine it was for the NFCC. Still feel that way? Maybe more folks feel the same way as you on this. Not me.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I should not have mentioned any FB's as it lends to confusion. I only mentioned them because to show Seattle has always been fairly good at running it, cuz we have never been that good throwing it.
Outstanding RB's we have had Curt Warner (4 seasons over 1K yds), Chris Warren 4 over 1k, Ricky Watters 3 over 1K, Shaun Alexander 5 over 1K, Marshawn, 4 over 1K.
None of those RB's are HOF's, yet plug any in and we still run for probably 1300+. I know, Marshawn is above all of them because he is the Beast and I am not belittling his role on this team.
Using Minne as an example, with AP they averaged 7.14 wins over the 7 years he ran for them. Last year no AP? 7 wins.

I am really surprised you would take Tarvaris-Lynch to face over RW-Turbin, but that is your choice. Imagine it was for the NFCC. Still feel that way? Maybe more folks feel the same way as you on this. Not me.

I think he is saying that the Lynch/Tavaris combination is the easier of the two which is why he would rather face them compared to that of Wilson/Turbin.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is saying that the Lynch/Tavaris combination is the easier of the two which is why he would rather face them compared to that of Wilson/Turbin.

Now that I re read it, I think your right.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct. Up asked me who I would rather face.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeap, it's the off season already. People bitching up a storm about the Seahawks. Nothing new here.

I mean I get why people were all hating on them last year, but they didn't even win this year. Why not stir up the hate on the Pats and leave Seattle alone?

People don't hate Seattle because they're a good team, they hate them because of the obnoxious bandwagon fans.

Reactions: GNG

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People don't hate Seattle because they're a good team, they hate them because of the obnoxious bandwagon fans.

I can understand how an obnoxious fan base can cause dislike amongst the same folks that told that fan base to shut up until they win a trophy, but I would guess that Seahawk fans who post here are not new fans of the team.
In fact, I would venture that the vast majority of those Seahawk fans posting here are long term followers of the team.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you hate an entire team because of 3 or 4 fans on a forum it says far more about you than what you claim about them.

I don't hate GB simply because you're an idiot.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you hate an entire team because of 3 or 4 fans on a forum it says far more about you than what you claim about them.

Ouch ^

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL... The pot calling the kettle black...

COMEDY GOLD !!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL... The pot calling the kettle black...

COMEDY GOLD !!
I've been clear that I'm not fond of the Cowboys mostly because of Jerry Jones. It's clearly not because of you and UK. There are several cowboy fans on this site I respect.

I mean it's cute you think you have that much influence, but you really don't.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow, look at you with your words like knives.