• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 49ers @ Seahawks

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey i am a ex player :) most of us are. Sure i was never a pro but i did play in college and i am in MUCH better shape than he is and a lot younger. I couldn't hit Cable though i would be charged for man slaughter.

Most of us are ex players? Based on what?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
weak. one game is not equal to the years of offensive incompetence we have had to watch.

if i didnt know any better i would think scoring 12 points at home was an anomaly, but. oh. wait, whats this? we scored 12 points at home last year against THE FREAKIN DOLPHINS.

Yep, and somehow made the playoffs. Won the division.

Maybe you should put up a picture of the banners on your fridge.

IMG_3944.JPG

2013 was the last time you smiled, wasn't it?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too bad we dont have 2 SB banners, if not for the offense we would.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure the players will take the win but i bet you they are also NOT HAPPY with it. #1 comment we will hear from the players/coaches is "we got to do better"

Common comment we hear from fans "They got to do better"

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of us are ex players? Based on what?

As in if you played at any level you are a ex player because now you don't lol based on true hard facts. No where did it say ex PRO player or ex NFL player lol.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As in if you played at any level you are a ex player because now you don't lol based on true hard facts. No where did it say ex PRO player or ex NFL player lol.

I guess that makes me a 'hockey player.'

In some universe.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All i can say is... there goes my prediction on Russ having an MVP caliber year. The problem isn't just the OLine... it's also Russ and right now, he flat out stinks.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All i can say is... there goes my prediction on Russ having an MVP caliber year. The problem isn't just the OLine... it's also Russ and right now, he flat out stinks.

Lot of drops also, can't leave that out because these drops have been big ones. Russ is off though also. Offense as a whole is a hot steamy mess right now lol.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is lucky he didnt have 2 or 3 INTs today.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of drops also, can't leave that out because these drops have been big ones. Russ is off though.
One other thing is, I didnt want the state the obvious with the oline as it's like beating a dead horse. This offense as a whole is unbearable to watch. The drop passes were absolutely inexcusable but the overthrown and underthrown passes from Russ is about as bad, especially when the receivers had a step or two.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other thing is, I didnt want the state the obvious with the oline as it's like beating a dead horse. This offense as a whole is unbearable to watch. The drop passes were absolutely inexcusable but the overthrown and underthrown passes from Russ is about as bad, especially when the receivers had a step or two.

Yep Russ is off, WR's/RB/TE can't catch the ball, Oline can't pass block or run block and even though we saw a little from Carson today it wasn't till late that he found tired arms to run though.

Pete is a sound Coach, he brings quality coaching there is no doubts about that. He will get this going in the right direction but it needs to start now before the Hawks find themselves at 3-3 or Worse before the bye week. Bevell's Offense can be strong if it can execute but the QB has to hit those targets the WR's/TE/RB need to catch those balls and for the love of god can someone BLOCK on the oline PLEASE! anyone? Hello? *silence* :L :lol:

anyone have Walter Jones Phone number? He could line up all by himself and block better than all 5 of our guys now lol

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, are these first two games much different than any start we've had in the past five years? Did we ever just come shooting out of the gates? Nope. This seems pretty par for the course. Give it a couple weeks and the team will look better. That's my guess. The defense already looks great in case anyone missed it. Outside of two runs that Hyde broke they pretty much shut down SF today, and they held GB to only 17 points in GB a week ago. That's great. The offense needs work, but they'll get there. We actually moved the ball fairly well but the redzone needs a ton of work. We have two games against two teams who don't have top tier defenses so lets see if that gives the Oline any time to get in sync. I'm a glass half full guy, we won today. Ugly or not, it doesn't matter. It's early and we always start slow.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugly or not, it doesn't matter. It's early and we always start slow.

Well in 2013 and 2014 they didn't start this slow and what happened in those years? only the 12-7 opening day game in 2013 against a stout Panther Defense in their home was the low production really. In 13 and 14 they went to the Superbowl. This teams offensive issues have been growing every year and there is huge focus on the oline and rightfully so.

Should get better but it wont happen over night and as of right now, i can't imagine seeing it any time soon. :lame:

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in 2013 and 2014 they didn't start this slow and what happened in those years? only the 12-7 opening day game in 2013 against a stout Panther Defense in their home was the low production really. In 13 and 14 they went to the Superbowl. This teams offensive issues have been growing every year and there is huge focus on the oline and rightfully so.

Should get better but it wont happen over night and as of right now, i can't imagine seeing it any time soon. :lame:

I'll put you down as glass half empty then?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll put you down as glass half empty then?

if 2013 was a full glass then it is emptying is it not? when something gets less and less that is emptying out so sure glass half empty now. Now had it been filling up i would say glass half full.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expected a lot better but glad we came away with a win. McEvoy's dropped passes probably took at least 10 points off the board, but even 22 is much lower than what we should have at home vs SF. Pretty happy with the D outside of a couple runs by Hyde.

The #1 most interesting thing to me that happened was Lacy being inactive. Maybe it was already covered upthread, but I never really heard a reason why (injury, illness, etc.). Chris Carson had 26 snaps to Lacy's 6 in GB, and now this. The obvious conclusion is we are about to move on from Lacy before we really even gave it a chance to work, and the Chris Carson era is under way.

Titans put up a ton of points on what is a pretty decent Jags D. This next game will be tough if the O doesn't get it going at a much higher level.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too bad we dont have 2 SB banners, if not for the offense we would.

Too bad that we don't win the Superbowl EVERY year!

G'damn management!

(and holy revisionist history Batman)

The turning point in that game was Lane going out with the broken arm. But as usual, you start with your conclusion and work backwards.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So what then? Trade him?

See QB is one of those positions where guys can ebb and flow depending on their confidence. Russ was playing gunshy and throwing off his back foot without striding into the throw like he does when he has a clean(er) pocket. So the ball sails.

If you watch QB's play year after year, this happens to a LOT of them. Henry Burris ended up owning a bunch of CFL records by the time he was done playing up here, and most of his big years were in Calgary. Got to know him a bit personally doing a CFL show at the time.

He'd have games where you could tell from his mechanics that he was off, and he was doing the exact same thing as Russ yesterday. Not stepping forward and transferring his weight, using all arm, and throwing off the back foot. Result? Ball sails consistently. Potential result? Picks. And losses.

Burris won one more Grey Cup in Calgary after those stretches, AND then won another ironically against Calgary after they let him go (age).

Point is, a good QB will have bad stretches, and can still recover and be elite.

How stupid would Denver have been to trade Elway after the early career blowouts in the Superbowl?

So what are you saying exactly with the above? That he sucks RIGHT NOW? That he's going to suck forever?

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some truly sad Seahawk fans on this forum. If we are not blowing out teams 54-0, the coaching staff needs to be fired. We have one of the BEST quarterbacks in Seahawks history playing right NOW and people are dumping on him. We've had more success as a team with Pete Carroll as a coach than any other predecessor in this team's history and yet the sky is falling to some on this forum. I think people need to watch some of the stellar play we had in the early to mid-90's and see what a mess this team truly was.