• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Cavs(57-25) vs 8) Pistons (44-38)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs in 6. I think Detroit will surprise them out of the gate with a game and win another at home. Cavs are a bit up and down at times, but Detroit, on paper, has a lot of players with a skill set that normally cause problems for the Cavs. They have a PG that will attack them, a big man to dominate/compete on the glass and can score in the paint. They have a lot of three point shooting from the 2-4 spots. And a sneaky good defense.

Of course on paper doesn't mean a lot if they can't put together a good game plan. From a coaching standpoint though the edge is strongly with the Pistons. Cavs are just too talented though.
really like this post- similar to chrisgar's from the other day detalining how the Pistons do have a few matchup they can try and exploit..

i like the fact the Cavs will get some experience with a center like Drummond....figure out how they want to guard him- who to play again him etc.

Pistons could get a game or two if they are shooting well- and the Cavs are shooting poorly. The Cavs have evolved into becoming a team that relies on the 3 quite a bit--- now with Bron and KI- you can always tell 2 of the best 5-6 iso guys in the game to just go get buckets----- but the ball movement they have worked on and done a good job improving is only benefiical if they are hitting 3's. No one hits 3's at a great clip EVERY game- not even the Warriors....

so- if the Cavs shoot poorly from 3, the Pistons shoot well from 3, and get hot- they could win a game...maybe 2 if they are really lucky- --- but if i had to make a prediction on what ithink is MOST LIKELY to occur- it would be A. 5 games....if not 5 games 4 games...if not 4 games 6 games...but- as with most people here- i think it wil lgo 5.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really like this post- similar to chrisgar's from the other day detalining how the Pistons do have a few matchup they can try and exploit..

i like the fact the Cavs will get some experience with a center like Drummond....figure out how they want to guard him- who to play again him etc.

Pistons could get a game or two if they are shooting well- and the Cavs are shooting poorly. The Cavs have evolved into becoming a team that relies on the 3 quite a bit--- now with Bron and KI- you can always tell 2 of the best 5-6 iso guys in the game to just go get buckets----- but the ball movement they have worked on and done a good job improving is only benefiical if they are hitting 3's. No one hits 3's at a great clip EVERY game- not even the Warriors....

so- if the Cavs shoot poorly from 3, the Pistons shoot well from 3, and get hot- they could win a game...maybe 2 if they are really lucky- --- but if i had to make a prediction on what ithink is MOST LIKELY to occur- it would be A. 5 games....if not 5 games 4 games...if not 4 games 6 games...but- as with most people here- i think it wil lgo 5.

If the Pistons do find success against the Cavs, I wouldn't consider it lucky, I would consider it a match-up problem. Much like the Mavs-Warriors back in 2007, the Warriors were not the better team. They just happened to have the personnel to create problems for the Mavs. If the Cavs had to face the Hornets or Pacers, I think it would be much more likely for a sweep for the Cavs. If Detroit has success, it's because of match-up problems, game planning and execution.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we matchup decently with the cavs. I'm mostly concerned about the matchup with Kevin love. tobias Harris and Marcus Morris are too small and Baynes is too slow. Our best bet is or ably to have Tolliver to defend him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we matchup decently with the cavs. I'm mostly concerned about the matchup with Kevin love. tobias Harris and Marcus Morris are too small and Baynes is too slow. Our best bet is or ably to have Tolliver to defend him.
i havent seen a lot of Tobias Harris yet on the Pistons....how have you liked how he has fit in? Do you like him as a long term asnwer at PF there?

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i havent seen a lot of Tobias Harris yet on the Pistons....how have you liked how he has fit in? Do you like him as a long term asnwer at PF there?
I think that Tobias was a great acquisition for the Pistons. He fits what Van Gundy wants to do perfectly; he can hit the 3 or put it on the floor and take it to the hole. I actually think that he will match up well with Love; he's not going to stop him, but Love isn't shutting him down either.

I agree with those that think the Pistons present some intriguing match ups with the Cavs. Detroit has the talent to do it, they just haven't been able to play 48 minutes consistently. Meeks only showing up for only 3 games certainly didn't help the bench depth, but maybe he's back just in time for the playoffs.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's a player in the NBA slower than Kevin Love?!? :shocked:

I'll be damned. Learn new shit every day.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a player in the NBA slower than Kevin Love?!? :shocked:

I'll be damned. Learn new shit every day.

Kyle Anderson on the Spurs. Slowest player ever. Even the team calls him slow-mo.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs in 5.

Ps. It is a good thing Reggie Jackson can ball and is filthy rich.

Because he makes Sam Cassell look like Rick Fox!

He is ferocious looking.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs in 5.

Ps. It is a good thing Reggie Jackson can ball and is filthy rich.

Because he makes Sam Cassell look like Rick Fox!

He is ferocious looking.
Luol Deng is in the same freakin boat!

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luol Deng is in the same freakin boat!

Yeah, I have to squint when either of them come on my screen.

Reggie Evans is another sight for sore eyes in HD on my 60 inch...lol

Alas....they have money. So, they have no shortage of willing dance partners.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I were a mean person, I would mention Tyronne Hill and Popeye Jones.

But I'm not a mean person, so I won't do it.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hahahaha HD is NOT your friend in these specific situations!

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His lips....YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK! I'm sorry but even with all that money it doesn't change what I see every time I look at him. Now, if there was a way his money would allow him to permanently have a brown bag over his head without it ever seeming weird then maybe....

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were a mean person, I would mention Tyronne Hill and Popeye Jones.

But I'm not a mean person, so I won't do it.

Ty Hill....Damn.

Those Damn horse teeth!

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww, gotta add David Rivers to the All-Ugly team too.

That Dude's skin looked like a tub of Rocky road ice cream.

Too bad proactive wasn't around then.

david-rivers.jpg

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His lips....YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK! I'm sorry but even with all that money it doesn't change what I see every time I look at him. Now, if there was a way his money would allow him to permanently have a brown bag over his head without it ever seeming weird then maybe....

I would constantly have to put eye drops in my eyes to keep my vision blurry.

:poke:

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavaliers in six. I think the Pistons put up more of a fight than people think they're going to.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and obtw, as much as I would LOVE to see this go 7 and wish for a slow, agonizing playoff death for the Cavs and LeClown imo it won't go past 5 games. but wtf give 'em hell, Detroit...:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.