• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why are many so quick to assume that Boogie is gone from Golden State after the season?

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Indiana should make a move to buy him. 'Dipo coming back, Sabonis, and Boogie!

*And Turner.

So, you can scratch that idea even if Boogie did fit the culture here.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*And Turner.

So, you can scratch that idea even if Boogie did fit the culture here.
The fact that you would choose Turner with his inferior stats even compared to Boogie coming off an injury because he fits your culture of mediocrity better speaks volumes.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$9 million maybe? :scratch:

Can't recall off the top of my head but he can only be offered a percentage raise based off of what he signed this year. I think that limits him to somewhere in the range of a little less than 7M a year. Let's say he wants to run it back but another team offers him 30M for a 1 year deal. I don't see how he can pass that up.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that you would choose Turner with his inferior stats even compared to Boogie coming off an injury because he fits your culture of mediocrity better speaks volumes.

Well,

I am usually first in line to bash Hurricane when he posts dumb stuff.

He is actually correct here.

Boogie wasn't an elite player when 100% healthy. The first playoff game he plays with GS this season will be the first of his career.

Boogie is a much better offensive player, but Turner the better defender and culture fit.

The Pacers would be better served upgrading somewhere else.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At worst he will get 15-20 million over 3 to 4 years

LOL! I sure wouldn't want to be on the hook for that, even if either of my teams needed help at the starting center position.

At least know what you're talking about before you post. Turner is owed $72 million over the next four years. Even if we wanted Boogie (which we don't), we would have to find a taker for that contract.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! I sure wouldn't want to be on the hook for that, even if either of my teams needed help at the starting center position.

At least know what you're talking about before you post. Turner is owed $72 million over the next four years. Even if we wanted Boogie (which we don't), we would have to find a taker for that contract.

So the Pacers are on the hook to Turner for 72 million over 4 and you think Cousins is only getting six to nine? I can see some teams desiring the younger piece in Turner but contenders are probably going to want Cousins.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't recall off the top of my head but he can only be offered a percentage raise based off of what he signed this year. I think that limits him to somewhere in the range of a little less than 7M a year. Let's say he wants to run it back but another team offers him 30M for a 1 year deal. I don't see how he can pass that up.

Just looked it up and it is 120%, meaning Cousins could only make $6.4 million next season if he re-signed. Still possible if no other team is legitimately interested in throwing him big bucks.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Pacers are on the hook to Turner for 72 million over 4 and you think Cousins is only getting six to nine? I can see some teams desiring the younger piece in Turner but contenders are probably going to want Cousins.

Again, what team would that be? I just don't see any logical fits that would to willing to absorb his baggage with their cap space.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, what team would that be? I just don't see any logical fits that would to willing to absorb his baggage with their cap space.

His PER is still better than Turner's coming off an Achilles playing on a team with four all stars . He will find a suitor and I can only assume you're being purposefully obtuse at this point.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His PER is still better than Turner's coming off an Achilles playing on a team with four all stars . He will find a suitor and I can only assume you're being purposefully obtuse at this point.

You are correct too.

Cousins will have suitors willing to pay him a lot more than 6 million.

I doubt the Pacers will be one of them.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct too.

Cousins will have suitors willing to pay him a lot more than 6 million.

I doubt the Pacers will be one of them.

Obviously not the Pacers that's not what his OP started about

As we all know he only signed the cheap deal because he was going to GS and he was injured

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's going to be a tough decision that they hopefully won't have to make. Hopefully, they can trade for AD in the off-season. Or maybe sign a guy like Vucevic and maybe trade for a guy like Beal (my preference).

I think that a Beal trade was likely in play a few months ago. I just don't see it happening at this pt. With Wall's injury issues I think that the Wizards now build around Beal & hope that this will result in something within a few seasons. Beal has also recently commented that he is happy in DC especially since he is now the go to guy for that team.

I really see no way that they are going to deal him unless they get a offer they can't refuse (& certainly no Lakers offer can include Ball - they have enough PR headaches).

SideSwipe52

The Franchise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Golden State, DeMarcus Cousins will be with a contender. If he wants to compete for multiple NBA title, he will stay with the Warriors.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Golden State, DeMarcus Cousins will be with a contender. If he wants to compete for multiple NBA title, he will stay with the Warriors.

THey can't afford him unless KD leaves.

If you were him would you take 15-20 million or 5 -7 million to stay with the Warriors?

I know what I'd do.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THey can't afford him unless KD leaves.

If you were him would you take 15-20 million or 5 -7 million to stay with the Warriors?

I know what I'd do.

Kind of funny that anyone would think there is any way he is giving up a single $, it’s not happening. Nor should it.

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is realistically going to make a big offer from him to lure him away from the Warriors? To me, his track record is too sketchy for that to happen. Brooklyn? Good young team, but is he really the guy you want to surround your young talent with? The Lakers...Would they really give up any chances to sign AD outright for Boogie???

I just don't see any realistic scenarios here.

I see Klay getting his max, and Boogie signing another relatively cheap one-year deal to remain in GS. Durant could go to the Knicks if he gets another star to go with him (Kyrie or Kemba). Otherwise, I see him ending up in Brooklyn. No chance he goes to that craphole franchise without another max player...

Then in a year when Iggy's deal comes off the books, the Warriors will have more wiggle room in free agency and will once again look like winners even if they lose Durant. I still get a kick out of their sappy fans constantly playing the "victim" card due to their team having so many "haters", though.
Well, besides the well known financial incentives he would have to move on, the fact that you dont think it will happen pretty much makes it a certainty that it will.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of funny that anyone would think there is any way he is giving up a single $, it’s not happening. Nor should it.

Yep. I am sure that players would give up a few $$ to win a championship but not tens of millions of dollars over an extended time. People always seem to forget that this is not just a game but the overall life for these guys & a way of building a future for their families.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that a Beal trade was likely in play a few months ago. I just don't see it happening at this pt. With Wall's injury issues I think that the Wizards now build around Beal & hope that this will result in something within a few seasons. Beal has also recently commented that he is happy in DC especially since he is now the go to guy for that team.

I really see no way that they are going to deal him unless they get a offer they can't refuse (& certainly no Lakers offer can include Ball - they have enough PR headaches).

Yeah, it depends on what they want to do.

Beal makes $25 million per year through 2021 and they are going to be paying John Wall $42 million per year until 2023.

It's going to be tough to build anything competitive with $67 million going to 2 guys, 1 of whom isn't going to be playing any time soon.

Considering Wall's injury, they may be better off trading Beal for young guys and/or picks and hope to have them playing well by the time Wall's contract is up and the youngsters they got are due for new deals.

The Lakers could send at least 1 of the kids and some picks. This years pick looks like it's going to be a lottery pick.