• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

KD, the Warriors, Joe Lacob, and money: the situation is evolving

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's a 15 to 20 million type of guy. Solid shooter. pretty good ball handler. Poor defender.

There's no way the Warriors could keep him at that price. Other teams would offer him much, much more. And it's good that they didn't wait until RFA. You don't want to sour the relationship like the Suns with Ayton. You gotta let your young stud know that he is wanted and that his future with the team is secure.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the dime a dozen comment was Tlance and I think a few others echoed the same thing as well. But did you think the team was going to do this a couple months ago? You seemed to think that it would be a decent move to go with a low cost vet PG in the future. I'm glad that's off the table now.

LOL. Needless to say, I have no problem with Draymond being gone next year. This seems to make it more likely. This Poole extension is such great, great news. I think it helps fix or prevent any locker room issues. Unless there is a very unexpected huge Draymond contract extension, Poole knows he's the man now and that the team values him more than Draymond.
He'd be here next year too after he picks up his player option. And I think you are reading way too much into it regarding who they "value" more. They paid him the number he'd get elsewhere. Clearly they have a plan and maybe it's to pay a ton of tax next year keeping everyone together this year and next. Maybe they really do mean to let Wiggins go. Maybe they trade Poole. Lots of questions still.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no way the Warriors could keep him at that price. Other teams would offer him much, much more. And it's good that they didn't wait until RFA. You don't want to sour the relationship like the Suns with Ayton. You gotta let your young stud know that he is wanted and that his future with the team is secure.

The Herro overpay really fucked the warriors on that one

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's a 15 to 20 million type of guy. Solid shooter. pretty good ball handler. Poor defender.

And did you see the strength he exhibited in that play where he tore out Ja Morant's knee? He's got the potential to be a good defender. We should expect him to add muscle, and he's 6'4", so he's not super tiny.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And did you see the strength he exhibited in that play where he tore out Ja Morant's knee? He's got the potential to be a good defender. We should expect him to add muscle, and he's 6'4", so he's not super tiny.

He’s intersting as an athlete

He tested well in agility and basically nothing else

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd be here next year too after he picks up his player option. And I think you are reading way too much into it regarding who they "value" more. They paid him the number he'd get elsewhere. Clearly they have a plan and maybe it's to pay a ton of tax next year keeping everyone together this year and next. Maybe they really do mean to let Wiggins go. Maybe they trade Poole. Lots of questions still.

The important thing is that Poole sees (or thinks) that he's valued more than Dray. At least that is a reasonable way for him to interpret things if he has the big contract while Dray doesn't have the big extension that he is asking for.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s intersting as an athlete

He tested well in agility and basically nothing else

Yeah, he looked like just a skinny kid. He still looks like that. Hopefully, the muscle and strength are coming. He's already got the agility and quickness. Maybe it's my imagination, but it seemed like he grew a little bit last year. It seemed like he had a little extra length that allowed him to finish layups that he couldn't finish the year before. Maybe his wing span is now longer than when it was measured before the draft.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand that. Personally I'd have let him walk. But the warriors are champs and I'm just some dude on a keyboard

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that. Personally I'd have let him walk. But the warriors are champs and I'm just some dude on a keyboard
The news today appears to be Lacob is willing to pay any amount of tax the next two years to win another title

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They extended wiggins too. Lol..mmmmkay

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their payroll is going to be pushing 600 million next year. That's a lot.

I don't care. Now I don't have to worry about Draymond pushing out young players. The Warriors are signaling that they will take care of their young players. Hopefully, they're serious about keeping Draymond's behavior in check, but with these contract extensions, I'm less worried now about Draymond being a problem. He isn't (or at least he shouldn't) be thinking that he can walk up to Poole and disrespect him like that again. That man is making more than he is. Draymond should stay, behave well, know his place, and win more titles.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care. Now I don't have to worry about Draymond pushing out young players. The Warriors are signaling that they will take care of their young players. Hopefully, they're serious about keeping Draymond's behavior in check, but with these contract extensions, I'm less worried now about Draymond being a problem. He isn't (or at least he shouldn't) be thinking that he can walk up to Poole and disrespect him like that again. That man is making more than he is. Draymond should stay, behave well, know his place, and win more titles.

I mean....in a championship season their revenues were about 700 million. They will lose a shit ton of money if they keep it as is. Kudos to them willing to do it....but it's crazy.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently. It's shocking honestly.
Especially after some of the things Lacob had been saying. But like the title of this thread says, things evolve. Facts change. Meetings are held, scenarios are discussed. Lacob looked at the talent and opportunity that doesn't happen often, and the billions he has already made on this team, and decided fuck it, pay whatever the next 2 years.

They aren't a superteam because there's only one superstar. But they are close as they have 4-5 other really good players and potentially more emerging.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are crying way too much about that punch. Even Poole doesn't care as much as you.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean....in a championship season their revenues were about 700 million. They will lose a shit ton of money if they keep it as is. Kudos to them willing to do it....but it's crazy.

Depends.

This is a special group on a special run. It's right there with the Showtime Lakers run. Maybe even a little better (gonna catch it from fellow Lakers fans for that. lol)

They have made a shit ton of money during this run. Dray's time is coming to an end, Klay may never be the same again, especially defensively and Curry's getting older.

They may be willing to lose money for a couple of seasons to extend the championship window for this group knowing they will be able to get back to making money after that.