• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

KD, the Warriors, Joe Lacob, and money: the situation is evolving

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many minutes does Kuminga take from him this year?
Kuminga is getting the Otto Porter minutes too. Every game is fluid, every year is its own story. The big 3 will try to play fewer minutes in the regular season then turn it up in the playoffs like all teams do. Draymond might get benched more if he's ineffective. Kerr clearly knows how to do this.

Warriors are doing it right.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think they are making this run without Draymond you're nuts. All that stuff is really minor and far less than say the Bulls put up with from Rodman who was less important to that team.

But it's sports and you can hate who you want

Both love and hate for me, and he deserves both.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuminga is going to be good, but the "new crop"? Who knows if Kuminga even becomes a + player much less an all star- he might. but i dont look at him and say- sure fire all star. Wiseman of course cant stay healthy. Poole just hasnt gotten an opportunity- who knows.

That is not anything near a "crop".

Poole played 30 min/game last season and did pretty well.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kailambert

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see it.

I mean Wiggins and Poole are nice players but one was a 3rd option on a great team and the other was a role player then you get Wiseman. Not a great return. You aren't getting a star in that deal, a longshot young star in Wiseman but Kuminga is the most likely to be that guy. He needs to be included. Wiggins is a guy that is extremely useful when you have your pieces in place and you need that wing that can be a #3, perfect for GS. Not perfect for BKN. I see Poole as a 6th man on a playoff team, a Clarkson type. Volume shooter and scorer, doesn't do much of anything else.

Not to mention BKN would be paying those two $55M combined starting next year or close to it. Not ideal.
I agree with your take on Poole. I think he should be the one they let go. I don’t think he’s as essential as Wiggins. They still have Steph, they got divincenzo, and moody, Kuminga, and all their new guys. Pooles a liability on defence, and honestly he’s one on offence sometimes. He won’t be a starter for warriors. At least not for a long time and honestly think some of the other younger guys will develop to become better more crucial players than him. Wiggins was a large part of why they won the championship. He’s a two way player, they need him.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with your take on Poole. I think he should be the one they let go. I don’t think he’s as essential as Wiggins. They still have Steph, they got divincenzo, and moody, Kuminga, and all their new guys. Pooles a liability on defence, and honestly he’s one on offence sometimes. He won’t be a starter for warriors. At least not for a long time and honestly think some of the other younger guys will develop to become better more crucial players than him. Wiggins was a large part of why they won the championship. He’s a two way player, they need him.

Poole will likely start once klay’s deal expires. That’s what, year 2 of his extension?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I agree.

He is too good to be a 20 minute a game 6th man.

And too expensive

Him and wiseman can land you turner

Which is just frightening

And I’m sure they’d have other options depending on what they think they need

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poole will likely start once klay’s deal expires. That’s what, year 2 of his extension?
I don't think they will extend Poole

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly then I’d trade Poole.
I think they will see how the team looks at the deadline, if things are working they may not want to disrupt it by trading him. They may just let him walk.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they will see how the team looks at the deadline, if things are working they may not want to disrupt it by trading him. They may just let him walk.

It’s weird to let poole walk while refusing to include guys like moody, kuminga or wiseman in deals becuase…”the future” when poole is the one of their recent picks that’s proven themselves the most

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s weird to let poole walk while refusing to include guys like moody, kuminga or wiseman in deals becuase…”the future” when poole is the one of their recent picks that’s proven themselves the most
Sure it's not perfect but it's based on factors like how much older/longer tenure he is which makes him far more expensive. Also the position he plays and the way he plays it doesn't fit like those guys. He's a defensive sieve and too small to start with Curry. Letting him walk is really a sign they have more talent than they need/can afford, he needs to be the guy somewhere.

They can't pay everyone, so one of Poole or Wiggins has to go and Poole is FAR more expendable. A core of Wiggins as the 'elder' plus Wiseman Moody Kuminga, with the old guys gradually pulling back in their roles...that can work.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure it's not perfect but it's based on factors like how much older/longer tenure he is which makes him far more expensive. Also the position he plays and the way he plays it doesn't fit like those guys. He's a defensive sieve and too small to start with Curry. Letting him walk is really a sign they have more talent than they need/can afford, he needs to be the guy somewhere.

They can't pay everyone, so one of Poole or Wiggins has to go and Poole is FAR more expendable. A core of Wiggins as the 'elder' plus Wiseman Moody Kuminga, with the old guys gradually pulling back in their roles...that can work.

Yeah I get it. The tax is brutal

Losing him for nothing would be pretty rough since it’s not gonna lower your tax bill that much losing him.

I think you’d have to find a way to sign and trade him

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I get it. The tax is brutal

Losing him for nothing would be pretty rough since it’s not gonna lower your tax bill that much losing him.

I think you’d have to find a way to sign and trade him
Sure, that front office is fantastic clearly, I trust whatever they decide to do. I just don't see Poole and Wiggins both here after this year, and Wiggins isn't going to be the one gone.

They may indeed trade him though, like I said it will depend how they look.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, that front office is fantastic clearly, I trust whatever they decide to do. I just don't see Poole and Wiggins both here after this year, and Wiggins isn't going to be the one gone.

They may indeed trade him though, like I said it will depend how they look.

Option b would be to dump wiseman if he doesn’t improve I guess. That frees up a large chunk of that poole money

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Option b would be to dump wiseman if he doesn’t improve I guess. That frees up a large chunk of that poole money
Yes there's still a question if Wiseman will be good, but again, you can't pay Poole his market rate to be a 6th man.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for Draymond Green to move on. He cannot be trusted to act in the best interests of the team.