• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

KD, the Warriors, Joe Lacob, and money: the situation is evolving

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I know you guys can't get enough Warriors ball washing, here's some more:

dave chappelle hate GIF

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@CitySushi you were exactly right. The starters are best in the league. Bench is awful

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gotten worse. The punch might have been a bigger deal than we hoped.

Not gonna cry about it after 4 titles in 8 years but I don't think they can get this figured out to contend again. Plenty of time for me to be wrong but when the facts change you gotta change your opinion. My optimism has faded somewhat for this year.

If it was one problem or two you'd figure it would get handled, but it's a lot of problems:

- Klay is not handling his later career situation well at all (hunting shots, crying in the media, etc). He needs to be a Ginobili type now and he's not ready for that emotionally

- The youngsters are still too raw, so the bench is a mess

- Curry is great but he can't play 38 minutes a game like he needs to these days, that's not sustainable

- Draymond is playing pretty well but seems detached (the punch), the whole team vibe just isn't there

-Poole probably needs to start or get a lot of Klay's minutes

- And the main thing: they are playing terrible defense, probably from all the factors listed above. It's just bad.

Too many good teams in the league, the Warriors aren't head and shoulders better so they probably aren't gonna be all that this year.

The facts can change again, still time, but current assessment is not good.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gotten worse. The punch might have been a bigger deal than we hoped.

Not gonna cry about it after 4 titles in 8 years but I don't think they can get this figured out to contend again. Plenty of time for me to be wrong but when the facts change you gotta change your opinion. My optimism has faded somewhat for this year.

If it was one problem or two you'd figure it would get handled, but it's a lot of problems:

- Klay is not handling his later career situation well at all (hunting shots, crying in the media, etc). He needs to be a Ginobili type now and he's not ready for that emotionally

- The youngsters are still too raw, so the bench is a mess

- Curry is great but he can't play 38 minutes a game like he needs to these days, that's not sustainable

- Draymond is playing pretty well but seems detached (the punch), the whole team vibe just isn't there

-Poole probably needs to start or get a lot of Klay's minutes

- And the main thing: they are playing terrible defense, probably from all the factors listed above. It's just bad.

Too many good teams in the league, the Warriors aren't head and shoulders better so they probably aren't gonna be all that this year.

The facts can change again, still time, but current assessment is not good.

Gotta move the kids or you just play it out and pay some rough taxes for 2 more years

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta move the kids or you just play it out and pay some rough taxes for 2 more years
I don't think the taxes are the issue, they committed to that. It's what's the right move, punt on the big 3 and move on to developing youth? Or go all in now and say fuck the future (trade the kids for KD or someone)

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the taxes are the issue, they committed to that. It's what's the right move, punt on the big 3 and move on to developing youth? Or go all in now and say fuck the future (trade the kids for KD or someone)

You know me. Banners hang forever.

Especially when you have a group that has proven they can deliver when given the investment

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know me. Banners hang forever.

Especially when you have a group that has proven they can deliver when given the investment
Sure, and they might go that way. I just think it's becoming clear their initial goal of a "two track plan" where they competed but at the same time developed for the future, that's looking like it won't work. They will have to pick one.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A comment on last nights' game, that was the first time I can remember that all 3 of Moody, Kuminga, and Wiseman made legitimate positive contributions to a win vs a good team. It's a small step but that's the point of development, having more and more of those games. Wiseman was mostly defense but he got deep position a couple times and they didn't find him for an easy dunk (maybe because Curry was out)

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A comment on last nights' game, that was the first time I can remember that all 3 of Moody, Kuminga, and Wiseman made legitimate positive contributions to a win vs a good team. It's a small step but that's the point of development, having more and more of those games.

And ty Jerome

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though the Warriors beat the Celtics for the title last season I am happy in one way.

It proved that the Warriors didn't need KD. He needed them.

Strangest dynasty I can remember. Start off with 5 Finals trips. No team had done that since the 60's. Miss the playoff two years in a row due to the injury bug completely kicking their ass. Then win a 4th title.

So WarriorsNation which one was more satisfying- # 1 or # 4? I know both have great meaning. Just wondering how the fan base would rank things.

Oh yeah and Steph erasing all doubts about where he belongs as far as the best PG's of all time. That Finals MVP meant a lot. But he's still the "most overrated" 2x league MVP of all time. :heh: