• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How Would You Fix This Team During The Off-season?

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The New York offense ranked No. 29 in scoring, No. 25 in total yardage, No. 30 in EPA/play and No. 26 in offensive DVOA. So what make LaFleur a candidate for consideration? Truth is, here’s a lot of context to be considered around what went wrong in the Big Apple.

The Jets’ quarterback situation was dismal through the year bouncing from Zach Wilson to Mike White to Joe Flacco and back again. None of those signal callers have inspired much confidence aside from Flacco much earlier in his career. Additionally, a running back that can do it all is pivotal to LaFleur’s scheme. Once rookie back Breece Hall was ruled out for the season with injury, everything changed for LaFleur’s offense.

There’s precedent for this success, by the way. Kyle Shanahan is now the head coach of the San Francisco 49ers but before that, he made a leap from the Cleveland Browns’ offensive coordinator position to the same role with the Atlanta Falcons. His numbers went from the No. 27 scoring offense and ranking No. 23 in total yards to the No. 1 scoring offense while filing in at No. 2 in total yards gained in a matter of two years. Once he found the personnel he needed to fully execute his system, things leveled off.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 1st comments since deciding to return to Rams Sean McVay tells me: “I wanted to take some time to really know I could restore and renew the passion and zest I need and after leaning on family and friends and taking time to reflect. It became clear to me, I don't want to run away from adversity. I want to run through it."

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am skeptical with the potential hiring of Matt Lafleur when Greg Olsen is already here. Don't know if Olsen is leaving with a Lafleur hiring. All of this is dependent on McShitferBrains yielding the play-calling duties totally to the new OC. McShitferBrains has to see that his play-calling destroyed his offense. If he doesn't, then I think this is all more of the same with the same outcome being the result.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the interesting question, can McVay let someone else call plays? His playcalling is becoming predictable, he needs to step back and let someone else call plays and input his opinion from time to time.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just as I feared. McShitferBrains is hiring LaFleur but will not relinquish the play-calling duties to anyone. Dude is a hopeless narcissist. And we fans are screwed. Another season of under-performing offense and another losing season

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just as I feared. McShitferBrains is hiring LaFleur but will not relinquish the play-calling duties to anyone. Dude is a hopeless narcissist. And we fans are screwed. Another season of under-performing offense and another losing season
After the season he just went through, if he didn’t learn it then, he is never going to learn it.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Cam Akers will be happy with Lafleur which could def work in our favor. Surprised Kingsbury hasn't been talked about for any job yet. Maybe we hire him too?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One pundit suggested the Rams should trade with the Colts fir RB Johnathan Taylor. How about doing due-diligence and find a big explosive back in the draft like Roshon Johnson from Texas.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One pundit suggested the Rams should trade with the Colts fir RB Johnathan Taylor. How about doing due-diligence and find a big explosive back in the draft like Roshon Johnson from Texas.

Trading for the guy due a huge payday seems out of their price range.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You draft Johnson and quit wasting valuable picks to grab stars wanting big paydays.

Have they not learned their lesson by now?

A combo of Akers and Johnson behind a revamped OL ( hopefully ) would be a sight to see ( assuming McVay actually calls running plays ).