• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How Would You Fix This Team During The Off-season?

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is clear this season is a bust. The Rams are just playing out the rest of the season, and then sitting at home come playoff time.

This is certainly not the season we expected when the Rams wanted to “run it back” and try and follow up that SB victory with another one.

This season has revealed a lot of flaws within the organization, whether it is the coaching, the drafting, the conditioning, etc.

So, how would you fix what ails the Rams this off-season?

Here is my list:

1) Get rid of Allen, Evans, Rapp and Floyd the soonest it is most financially beneficial to do so. I would also explore trading Ramsey if they can get some decent picks/player(s) for him. He’s not the shutdown corner he used to be, but can be a solid #2 for a playoff contender. He’s just not the guy they are paying him to be. See if they can get something for him before his value really tanks

2) Restructure contracts for Robinson and Stafford to free up cap space. Allen clearly was a terrible signing and his contract and lack of production makes him untradeable. Best to restructure to free up cap space. Stafford extension was also not needed when it was done. Just like Goff, they did it a year too early and had they waited, that extension would’ve been a lot lower than it ended up being.

3) Figure out which OL are worth keeping and which ones need to be cut loose. The OL is a mess because the FO has avoided addressing it early and often the past several drafts when those drafts were deep in OL talent.

4) Fire everyone involved in conditioning/training dept. They clearly don’t know what they are doing to keep the players healthy. I have never seen a team go through this many injuries in 1 season before, especially on the OL. 11 different starting OL in 11 games is unheard of. Time for everyone involved to get the axe.

5) Figure out the RB situation. Is Akers worth keeping around, or do they need to sign one of the plethora of FA RB’s that will be available? Williams is not a 3 down RB, so he is not the solution.

6) Hire an OC that is allowed to actually be the OC and get the playcalling away from McVay. His ego is too big for his own good, and he needs to delegate playcalling duties to someone else

7) Get rid of Morris and his “bend but don’t break” BS defense. Get someone with the mindset of Staley and bring back that style defense that actually affected games and created turnovers

8) Fix the scouting department. It is clear the scouting department has been hit hard with the departure of Holmes and a few others that were integral to the success of the drafts. There is no one there to keep McVay and Snead in check and they have run amuck during the last 2 drafts especially

9) Spend all the early draft picks on OL. The position has been ignored for far too long. It’s time to fix it

10) Find some decent pass rushers via the draft, FA or trade. Floyd is useless without another decent edge rusher. He needs to be gone and spend the saved money on getting some young, hungry, ready to prove themselves guys to revitalize the pass rush because it is sorely lacking

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fire McShit-fer-Brains and his Shit-fer-Brains twin Snead and hire Eric Bieniemy from the Chiefs and start over. I guarantee you, Bieniemy would turn Cookus into our QB of the future and he would get bigger and better players during the draft. BTW, Bieniemy is a big admirer of AD.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fire McShit-fer-Brains and his Shit-fer-Brains twin Snead and hire Eric Bieniemy from the Chiefs and start over. I guarantee you, Bieniemy would turn Cookus into our QB of the future and he would get bigger and better players during the draft. BTW, Bieniemy is a big admirer of AD.
The thing I wonder about Bieniemy is that he’s been a top name to get a job for three or four years now and still hasn’t landed one. Why do teams keep passing on him for other people?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing I wonder about Bieniemy is that he’s been a top name to get a job for three or four years now and still hasn’t landed one. Why do teams keep passing on him for other people?
Steichen (Philly OC) and Evero (Broncos DC, was with the Rams under Staley) would be my targets. If not changing head coach, try getting a key assistants from those units to be coordinators with the Rams.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to take a LT or C with their first pick.

And whichever they didn’t get in the 2nd, take in the 3rd.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give the team a vigorous off season with full pad workouts and days in the gym and weight room this team started the season in lousy shape. Cut every player that has not performed this season.
Start from scratch. Replacing McVay would not be the way I would go. He has two SB appearances and almost every other team would try and hire him the day the Rams fired him.
IMO, that would be suicide to remove McVay.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give the team a vigorous off season with full pad workouts and days in the gym and weight room this team started the season in lousy shape. Cut every player that has not performed this season.
Start from scratch. Replacing McVay would not be the way I would go. He has two SB appearances and almost every other team would try and hire him the day the Rams fired him.
IMO, that would be suicide to remove McVay.

My problem with McVay is that he first threatened retirement (to move to TV), then came back and has been questionable at best this year. Is his head still in the game?

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My problem with McVay is that he first threatened retirement (to move to TV), then came back and has been questionable at best this year. Is his head still in the game?
I know networks put the idea of TV for McVay out there but I didn't know McVay threatened it. I will need to ask for a link on that because I can't find one.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on guys. The Rams are beat up. You can't make a SB contender out of a bunch of 2nd string and 3rd string players. McVay will be back and he will take the Rams to another SB. I'll go with those odds since he has done it twice. I can't believe the ship jumping over one bad season.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on guys. The Rams are beat up. You can't make a SB contender out of a bunch of 2nd string and 3rd string players. McVay will be back and he will take the Rams to another SB. I'll go with those odds since he has done it twice. I can't believe the ship jumping over one bad season.
No one is jumping ship Ram

But you have to admit, McVay is turning into Martz 2.0

The league has figured out his offense, and he refuses to adjust, even when he is down to his 3rd string QB, linemen and WR’s.

And, just like Martz, he refuses to give up playcalling duties so he can focus on just being the HC.

If he doesn’t change, this will be his undoing, just like Martz.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you have to admit, McVay is turning into Martz 2.0
No I don't, there is no running game. Akers was the guy. We all couldn't wait to see him back. He came back a bust for whatever reason. Whether it was the O-Line or he just lost a step from his injury, that happens.
McVay is suffering from a top heavy team that is beat up at the top and he has to field players that possibly won't even be in the league after this season.
I'm not ready to blame McVay for any of this.
Not yet.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I don't, there is no running game. Akers was the guy. We all couldn't wait to see him back. He came back a bust for whatever reason. Whether it was the O-Line or he just lost a step from his injury, that happens.
McVay is suffering from a top heavy team that is beat up at the top and he has to field players that possibly won't even be in the league after this season.
I'm not ready to blame McVay for any of this.
Not yet.
But, he’s the one that inserted Akers as the starter in the playoffs even though Michel was they better runner.

Then, he let Michel walk even though Akers looked terrible in the playoffs and SB.

So, he is responsible for the sad state of the running game because he chose the RB’s and chose to ignore the OL for the last several drafts.

Yes, injuries happened. I get that. Everyone gets that. But, he makes the choices who to keep and who to draft., so it is on him.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know networks put the idea of TV for McVay out there but I didn't know McVay threatened it. I will need to ask for a link on that because I can't find one.

I don't know that he "threatened" it, but he certainly took his time to commit to coming back this season.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, he’s the one that inserted Akers as the starter in the playoffs even though Michel was they better runner.

Then, he let Michel walk even though Akers looked terrible in the playoffs and SB.

So, he is responsible for the sad state of the running game because he chose the RB’s and chose to ignore the OL for the last several drafts.

Yes, injuries happened. I get that. Everyone gets that. But, he makes the choices who to keep and who to draft., so it is on him.

That's not on McVay alone. The GM makes those calls (officially), at least in terms of acquisitions.

It's not like Michel did anything for anyone this year. Played in 10 games for the Chargers thus far for a total of 36 carries and 9 catches for a total of 159 yards.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not on McVay alone. The GM makes those calls (officially), at least in terms of acquisitions.

It's not like Michel did anything for anyone this year. Played in 10 games for the Chargers thus far for a total of 36 carries and 9 catches for a total of 159 yards.
He’s not going to get PT playing behind Ekeler.

That doesn’t mean he wouldn’t have been a better option than Akers/Henderson/Williams.

He at least wouldn’t turn the ball over the way Akers does.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s not going to get PT playing behind Ekeler.

That doesn’t mean he wouldn’t have been a better option than Akers/Henderson/Williams.

He at least wouldn’t turn the ball over the way Akers does.

Akers has one fumble this year, although his reps have been limited.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's what I meant by saying everyone thought Akers was the guy. He had a good season until he got hurt. Michel was doing well but not great and because of that all of us here were also excited that Akers was coming back.
McVay is good but he is not a fortune teller. He can't predict the future.
I just don't think a new head coach is on the plans for the Rams so why even discuss it?
Its a top heavy team that started the season out of playing shape. They won a ring and for some reason getting a second was not a priority for some players. Including Donald.
Mcvay also lost a pro bowl offensive lineman and pass rusher. OBJ gone Everett gone to the Chargers. Whitworth retired Miller gone. Its not all Mcvay's fault I guess is what I'm saying.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that he "threatened" it, but he certainly took his time to commit to coming back this season.
I never thought McVay was not coming back to the Rams. He held back on making a decision and that's typical of people on contract in sports and business.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought McVay was not coming back to the Rams. He held back on making a decision and that's typical of people on contract in sports and business.

He didn't confirm as such publicly until August.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I meant by saying everyone thought Akers was the guy. He had a good season until he got hurt. Michel was doing well but not great and because of that all of us here were also excited that Akers was coming back.
McVay is good but he is not a fortune teller. He can't predict the future.
I just don't think a new head coach is on the plans for the Rams so why even discuss it?
Its a top heavy team that started the season out of playing shape. They won a ring and for some reason getting a second was not a priority for some players. Including Donald.
Mcvay also lost a pro bowl offensive lineman and pass rusher. OBJ gone Everett gone to the Chargers. Whitworth retired Miller gone. Its not all Mcvay's fault I guess is what I'm saying.
I’m not suggesting they fire him Ram.

All I’m saying is he needs to adapt, and he’s been stubbornly unwilling to do so.

He needs to give up play calling to an actual OC, not some puppet he hires and give the title to but isn’t really in charge.

And he needs to start making better personnel decisions starting with the draft.

Otherwise, he will be gone sooner rather than later.