• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why are many so quick to assume that Boogie is gone from Golden State after the season?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really, but only because they got Bogut very late in the year.

Obviously they would prefer he didn't get injured. But there are no regrets. It was a very good signing.

Bogut isn't half the player he used to be. Mcgee was a beast for the minutes he gave the W's. Seemed like a nice fit

McGee's per 36 numbers in the playoffs were ridiculous

17-18 23, 11 and 4 blocks
18-19 19, 10 and 3 blocks

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins is finished as an impact player. Dude should’ve wised up and taken that offer by the Pelicans. What was it..... $40m over two seasons? Now he’ll be lucky to sniff that IMO.

And btw... I don’t get his logic. Dude took a one season deal at $5m in the hopes that he’d perform, win a title and get a max afterwards from some team, right? I know they slightly vary in scale but let’s say he got his max and the first season of it got him $30m.... combined with his pay cut in GS that’s $35 over a two year period, not to mention those brutal California taxes.

So why not take $40m over two years and THEN try to prove you’re worth a max? Instead he went for about $35m over a two year period (with higher tax rates) and he won’t even be getting that $30m because no one will max his ass out now. Now he’ll be about $20m-$30m poorer over that two year window (give or take depending on what his next contract is). Dude screwed up bigly.

He doesn't seem like a very bright guy and his agent apparently isn't either. He took winning over money and now he might be losing on both ends.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't seem like a very bright guy and his agent apparently isn't either. He took winning over money and now he might be losing on both ends.
How much money was he being offered by losing teams? Knowing he wouldn't even play until December...
The Warriors were the only team who could afford to wait for him to be ready

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much money was he being offered by losing teams? Knowing he wouldn't even play until December...

I'm not sure he even waited enough to receive higher offers. I'm sure some team would have forked up at least $10 probably more though.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, pretty sure the Lakers took a look and passed. For one, they had already dealt with a guy with an Achilles tear and with Lebron coming in, they couldn't wait for the season to see if he was still going to be able to play.

Pretty sure at least a couple of other teams took a look too. I don't remember anyone making an offer.

Unfortunately, this new injury puts him right back where he was going into last off-season.

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is realistically going to make a big offer from him to lure him away from the Warriors? To me, his track record is too sketchy for that to happen. Brooklyn? Good young team, but is he really the guy you want to surround your young talent with? The Lakers...Would they really give up any chances to sign AD outright for Boogie???

I just don't see any realistic scenarios here.

I see Klay getting his max, and Boogie signing another relatively cheap one-year deal to remain in GS. Durant could go to the Knicks if he gets another star to go with him (Kyrie or Kemba). Otherwise, I see him ending up in Brooklyn. No chance he goes to that craphole franchise without another max player...

Then in a year when Iggy's deal comes off the books, the Warriors will have more wiggle room in free agency and will once again look like winners even if they lose Durant. I still get a kick out of their sappy fans constantly playing the "victim" card due to their team having so many "haters", though.
Why would he stay?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bogut isn't half the player he used to be. Mcgee was a beast for the minutes he gave the W's. Seemed like a nice fit

McGee's per 36 numbers in the playoffs were ridiculous

17-18 23, 11 and 4 blocks
18-19 19, 10 and 3 blocks

Bogut isn't what he used to be.

Yet, he still makes the Warriors better than McGee would have.

You can't compare stats here either.

McGee is a solid role player who saw his production expand because he was given more time on the court. McGee has always been productive when given playing time.

At the same time, while he has certainly progressed mentally, there is a reason McGee was the all time star of Shaqtin a fool. Don't get me wrong. I like McGee and I think he is a very serviceable role player who helped the warriors get 2 rings.

But what Andrew Bogut brings to the table in terms of court sense and intangible skills is far more valuable to the team than what McGee offers.

Here are the things Bogut brings with his intelligence that McGee simply can't:

-Bogut is a phenomenal communicator on defense. What he lacks in athleticism he makes up for with positioning and communication. Communication is especially vital for 5s because their man is most likely to set ball screens and 5s can also see the whole court defensively. While McGee's stats will look better, Bogut is more dependable on the defensive end.

-Bogut is a great screener- any big with a pulse can set a ball screen, although some are better than others. Where Bogut is fantastic is off ball screens. Boogie was pretty good in this area too. Bogut is a master at setting those baseline pin downs for Steph and Klay. IT is a beautiful thing to watch when Steph drives to the paint, kicks out to Draymond and immediately flashes to the corner off a Bogut screen as the defender relaxes for a quarter second on the initial pass.

-Bogut is also a master passer- which allows him to occupy spaces on the perimeter that also position him to set those devastating pin down screens.

Bogut unlocks the game for the Warriors in so many ways McGee can't.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they wasted their money since he got hurt is out indefinitely

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bogut isn't what he used to be.

Yet, he still makes the Warriors better than McGee would have.

You can't compare stats here either.

McGee is a solid role player who saw his production expand because he was given more time on the court. McGee has always been productive when given playing time.

At the same time, while he has certainly progressed mentally, there is a reason McGee was the all time star of Shaqtin a fool. Don't get me wrong. I like McGee and I think he is a very serviceable role player who helped the warriors get 2 rings.

But what Andrew Bogut brings to the table in terms of court sense and intangible skills is far more valuable to the team than what McGee offers.

Here are the things Bogut brings with his intelligence that McGee simply can't:

-Bogut is a phenomenal communicator on defense. What he lacks in athleticism he makes up for with positioning and communication. Communication is especially vital for 5s because their man is most likely to set ball screens and 5s can also see the whole court defensively. While McGee's stats will look better, Bogut is more dependable on the defensive end.

-Bogut is a great screener- any big with a pulse can set a ball screen, although some are better than others. Where Bogut is fantastic is off ball screens. Boogie was pretty good in this area too. Bogut is a master at setting those baseline pin downs for Steph and Klay. IT is a beautiful thing to watch when Steph drives to the paint, kicks out to Draymond and immediately flashes to the corner off a Bogut screen as the defender relaxes for a quarter second on the initial pass.

-Bogut is also a master passer- which allows him to occupy spaces on the perimeter that also position him to set those devastating pin down screens.

Bogut unlocks the game for the Warriors in so many ways McGee can't.

Warriors are definitely fortunate to have Bogut. I read that he will honor his contract and play in Australia next season for his NBL team, but that he might play for an NBA team again after the next NBL season ends.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they wasted their money since he got hurt is out indefinitely
@mskings - You facepalmed me for this? - The dude is out indefinitely, The Warriors did not need him at all and won't have him for the playoffs, so if you disagree, have the balls to explain why the Warriors did not gamble their money and lose on Cousins

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@mskings - You facepalmed me for this? - The dude is out indefinitely, The Warriors did not need him at all and won't have him for the playoffs, so if you disagree, have the balls to explain why the Warriors did not gamble their money and lose on Cousins
I'll get to this later but grow up. Did the little emoji hurt your feewings?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What post number was it so that I can facepalm it too?

Wasted their money? They got a guy who was a max level player prior to the Achilles injury for what? $5-6 million for 1 year?

No, they didn't gamble and lose. It was a true low risk/high reward situation.

They got a great player coming off an injury at an incredible bargain.

Best case, assuming he had stayed healthy, was a potential replacement for KD if he chose to leave.

Worst case, if he didn't stay healthy (which he unfortunately didn't) or if he couldn't play anymore, they cut him loose and it didn't cost them any more than an end of the bench guy would have cost them.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No market for Boogie right now. If GS wants him back, he's all theirs.

Looks like I called this one. :clap:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep he definitely lost on both ends lol. No ship and no big contract. Sorry Boogie you bet on yourself and lost again.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No market for Boogie right now. If GS wants him back, he's all theirs.

Looks like I called this one. :clap:

Not necessarily. There are still teams with cap space. Once Kawhi makes his decision, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Lakers make him an offer.

I could also see the Clips possibly making him an offer as well (although that's less likely).