• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Cares About The Hat Kaepernick Wears

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're mad because he's brown. Or just doesn't act white enough.

Are you saying white people are more intelligent? That might get you in trouble here.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Kaepernick's latest:

"It's just swag it ain't never hurt nobody! #GoldenStateofMind http://instagram.com/p/bhle2ztBC0/"

I don't care if he is young, I can't imagine Montana or Young talking like that at that age. It is purposely trying to sound ignorant and it is offensive to me. Where is the professionalism?

That's because Montana and Young were that age in the 70s and 80s.

I can't imagine George Halas and Vince Lombardi calling things "groovy" or "radical" or enjoying disco or rock and roll as a teenager. Anyone whoever used those terms, or enjoyed that music is an uncivilized punk signalling the death of society.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I have no problem with people making mistakes when they are trying to communicate properly. It's idiots like Kaepernick who purposely sound ignorant because they are under the mistaken impression that it's cool to be dumb.

So what mistakes did he deliberately make in the initial post to which you objected?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Btw, earlier you criticized him for being ignorant. Now you claim that you disapprove of him because he knows he was using language incorrectly. Which is it?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Also, Americans really fucked up when they dropped the "u" from words like colour, flavour, neighbour, behaviour and favour. As soon as they started fucking with the original spelling of ENGLISH words the country was doomed.

Not to mention bastardizing pronunciations of words like aluminium (changed the spelling of that one too).

God Save the King('s English)

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't imagine George Halas and Vince Lombardi calling things "groovy" or "radical" or enjoying disco or rock and roll as a teenager. Anyone whoever used those terms, or enjoyed that music is an uncivilized punk signalling the death of society.

No, I think its because they were professionals when discussing things that had to do with their profession. I don't think it has anything to do with the 70's or 80's because ignorant people have been saying "ain't nobody" forever. Its one of the first things you are taught to avoid in the 2nd grade.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Americans really fucked up when they dropped the "u" from words like colour, flavour, neighbour, behaviour and favour. As soon as they started fucking with the original spelling of ENGLISH words the country was doomed.

Not to mention bastardizing pronunciations of words like aluminium (changed the spelling of that one too).

God Save the King('s English)

touché, but we aren't talking about spelling with Kaepernick.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see a problem. He was a fan just like us before he was an NFL player. I think he just likes it for style.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what mistakes did he deliberately make in the initial post to which you objected?

I answered that already in post #118. But an English teacher should not have to ask that question.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I answered that already in post #118. But an English teacher should not have to ask that question.

I'm not asking what mistakes he made. I'm asking what mistakes he made DELIBERATELY. Ending a sentence in a preposition is a mistake most people make without realizing it's wrong. As for dropping the Gs, that very well could have been a typo or a product of the character limit.

Btw, you seem perfectly willing to excuse your own "ignorance" while shitting on Kap for his. It says a lot about the kind of person you are IMO.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Sorry, the word "groovy" is not a sign of being an uncivilized punk and signals the death of society? You can't possibly be serious.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
[/B]

And you're a pompous blowhard, so what else is new.

I'm sorry, I'm the one who's being pompous here? Suuuuuuuuure....

It's not my fault you apparently failed to learn how to use the apostrophe properly in second grade. Some people think that's a sign of a profound character flaw. I'm not one of them, but I hear they're out there.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No, I think its because they were professionals when discussing things that had to do with their profession. I don't think it has anything to do with the 70's or 80's because ignorant people have been saying "ain't nobody" forever. Its one of the first things you are taught to avoid in the 2nd grade.

And yet at one point "ain't" was proper English.

You, I'm assuming, are somewhat a contemporary of Young and Montana, so the slang they used is what you had grown up with and it didn't seem so out of place.

Now your a stodgy old curmudgeon who hates everything that isn't "prim and proper." Or at least, was considered acceptable 25 years ago.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
touché, but we aren't talking about spelling with Kaepernick.

So you're telling me that you're pronunciation of all words is the same as it was in 14th century England (or earlier)?

I'm going to doubt that.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
[/B]

And you're a pompous blowhard, so what else is new.

Oh, and btw, it sure seems like you're asking a rhetorical question there. Deliberately omitting a question mark? Looks like you're about to be "left behind," friend.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, earlier you criticized him for being ignorant. Now you claim that you disapprove of him because he knows he was using language incorrectly. Which is it?

LOL, this is what kills me! He continues to question someones knowledge but yet continues to use words out of context.

I don't see how someone who is so educated, can call improper behavior an ignorant issue instead of an etiquette issue.

TT, in order to do something "PURPOSELY" incorrect, you have to have KNOWLEDGE on how to do it correctly, which does not equate to ignorance. you are out to prove how dumb he sounds but yet seem to be doing a good job at painting yourself with that brush.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might get you in trouble most places. As we're on the topic of ignorance...

Yep. Just ask those two chicks on Big Brother who lost their jobs over racists comments they made in the house the other night. Serves 'em right.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not asking what mistakes he made. I'm asking what mistakes he made DELIBERATELY. Ending a sentence in a preposition is a mistake most people make without realizing it's wrong. As for dropping the Gs, that very well could have been a typo or a product of the character limit.

Btw, you seem perfectly willing to excuse your own "ignorance" while shitting on Kap for his. It says a lot about the kind of person you are IMO.

Kaepernick is college educated and was raised in a white upper middle class family. He knows how to speak English.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, I'm the one who's being pompous here? Suuuuuuuuure....

It's not my fault you apparently failed to learn how to use the apostrophe properly in second grade. Some people think that's a sign of a profound character flaw. I'm not one of them, but I hear they're out there.

You knew what an apostrophe was in 2nd grade and how to use it? Bullshit.