• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Cares About The Hat Kaepernick Wears

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gets worse than this? lol I came over from ESPN hoping to talk more 49ers and less about proper grammar. Steve Dave actually makes the Hawk trolls look better.

There are plenty of threads without grammar critiques AND actually contain football content.

I actually agree with several of their posts, but I steer clear of that stuff 95% of the time. This is a place to veg out....for me anyway.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gets worse than this? lol I came over from ESPN hoping to talk more 49ers and less about proper grammar. Steve Dave actually makes the Hawk trolls look better.

For perspective, he became so unbalanced in one thread that he told me I wasn't a true fan because I was more concerned about my wife's health (cancer) than the Niners.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For perspective, he became so unbalanced in one thread that he told me I wasn't a true fan because I was more concerned about my wife's health (cancer) than the Niners.

No, I would never do that. Not intentionally at least. Family is infinitely more important to me than any 49er football game. If I ever gave you that impression, I truly am sorry. I usually let people have their say and move on but I couldn't let that one go.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I would never do that. Not intentionally at least. Family is infinitely more important to me than any 49er football game. If I ever gave you that impression, I truly am sorry. I usually let people have their say and move on but I couldn't let that one go.

You said it dude. I'm not digging it up the exact thread. Maybe others can corroborate it.

The gist was the NFL is a game and I don't get stressed about it compared to things like my wife being sick. You said I wasn't a true fan.

Pozz was one person in the discussion but I won't drag him in to testify.

I think I have enough credibility on this board for my statement to stand on its own.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You have. I was just whining to you about what some others have said, not directing it at you.

Wait. What? I have, but you weren't directing it at me?

I could really enjoy a thread where we get super anal about what people type.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It explains why his ethnicity cannot be used as an excuse like many will try to do. They say "Oh, he grew up in a culture where that was the norm". That excuse cannot be used here.

So if he had been raised in the hood, his ethnicity could be used as a reason? Isn't that more socio-economic than ethnic?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said it dude. I'm not digging it up the exact thread. Maybe others can corroborate it.

The gist was the NFL is a game and I don't get stressed about it compared to things like my wife being sick. You said I wasn't a true fan.

Pozz was one person in the discussion but I won't drag him in to testify.

I think I have enough credibility on this board for my statement to stand on its own.

No, I would never say anything like that. This board is for nonsense and time killing. Family health is another matter. Not sure why you are confused or why you might be lying but I never say someone isn't a true fan; that's silly.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My friend is/was a die hard Cubs fan, when the Cubs lost to the Padres for the NL Pennant in the 1980s he took his tv out and shot it with a shotgun. That's my definition of a true fan, every other fan is a pussy by comparison.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if he had been raised in the hood, his ethnicity could be used as a reason? Isn't that more socio-economic than ethnic?

It would be used as an excuse because that is the cowardly way out instead of calling it like it is. It is not wise in this day and age to speak truthfully about issues like this and the real reasons some ethnic groups are so far behind others on the economic scale. Its easier just to accept unsatisfactory behavior or performance than to point out the reasons because it might bring something racial to light. But in asnwer to your question; no, it would be ethnic because the "hood" as you call it is basically a one race area.

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait. What? I have, but you weren't directing it at me?

I could really enjoy a thread where we get super anal about what people type.

You said "I have been pretty consistent that it's because of his generation". and I said "You have". I agreed with you.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I would never say anything like that. This board is for nonsense and time killing. Family health is another matter. Not sure why you are confused or why you might be lying but I never say someone isn't a true fan; that's silly.

Here you go.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 27

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
"Sorry" is not a complete sentence. I believe you mean "I am sorry." I don't care if "sorry" is acceptable in the modern world, it is not a complete sentence and a sign of ignorance that you would abuse the English language like this.

For that matter, "My bad" is not a complete sentence either. It lacks both a subject and a verb.

You should be embarrassed.

"My bad" is a great example of slang. I persistently refused to use it for several years before falling off the wagon. It's not close to a proper sentence.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You don't honestly think a person has to use a complete sentence in order to communicate properly, do you? I thought not. You probably posted that while in "attack" mode before you had a chnace to think. I'll excuse this particular gaffe on your part.

I don't. But I'm holding you to the standard you have said you expect from others. You have spent a good portion of this thread (see below)condemning the improper use of language calling those that intentionally misuse the language ignorant (that would be a misuse of the term ignorant) among other things. So are you uneducated and do not know that "Sorry" and "My bad," are incomplete sentences; are you uneducated and thought that using incomplete sentences was proper use of language; or did you know that those are incomplete sentences and that incomplete sentences are not proper use of language and knowingly misused English?

Or is it possible that during informal correspondence, what you have deemed "improper" use of the language is actually acceptable?

Here's a fun little collection of (9!!!!!) posts from you in this thread that appear to contradict your dismissal in the above quote:

Post 71:
Purposely speaking incorrectly is ignorant behavior and I cannot condone it.

Post 91:
Its not "hip" to me. Its educated people conding, by use, incorrect language. I know its a small thing but so was opening Roman citizenship to foreigners and look what happened to them.

Post 117:
That goes without saying. Purposeful ignorance is one of the deepest character flaws a person can have. "Gonna" is OK, "thru" is inexcusable; even when texting. Its nearly as bad as "2".

Post 118 (this one's great too):
I thought you said you were an English teacher? How about forgetting to use the word "Is" at the beginning of the first sentence and ending the sentence with the preposition "at"? No self respecting English teacher would let that go; that's like fingernails on the chalkboard. He then omits the word "to" after the bastardization of the word "going". C'mon man!

Post 137:
I have no problem with people making mistakes when they are trying to communicate properly. It's idiots like Kaepernick who purposely sound ignorant because they are under the mistaken impression that it's cool to be dumb.

Post 138:
Kaepernick's latest:

"It's just swag it ain't never hurt nobody! #GoldenStateofMind http://instagram.com/p/bhle2ztBC0/"

I don't care if he is young, I can't imagine Montana or Young talking like that at that age. It is purposely trying to sound ignorant and it is offensive to me. Where is the professionalism?

Post 159 (are you not college educated, or were you raised in the slums? Do you know how to speak English?):
Kaepernick is college educated and was raised in a white upper middle class family. He knows how to speak English.

Post 161 (man, you spend a lot of time calling those that purposefully misuse the language ignorant and unacceptable):
I hate to beat a dead horse, but it's "you're". I just hate purposeful ignorance and it is acceptable because of his ethnicity? C'mon now, that's the coward's way out.

Post 163 (Reads a lot like 159):
Kaepernick is college educated and was raised in a white upper middle class class family. he has KNOWLEDGE of how to speak correctly.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

You aren't a true fan. It has nothing (okay, a little) to do with your wife's health. It's because you have some jackass holding up a Dolphin's hat in your avi - shit, sorry, avatar (I have to remember what thread this is).

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't. But I'm holding you to the standard you have said you expect from others. You have spent a good portion of this thread (see below)condemning the improper use of language calling those that intentionally misuse the language ignorant (that would be a misuse of the term ignorant) among other things. So are you uneducated and do not know that "Sorry" and "My bad," are incomplete sentences; are you uneducated and thought that using incomplete sentences was proper use of language; or did you know that those are incomplete sentences and that incomplete sentences are not proper use of language and knowingly misused English?

Or is it possible that during informal correspondence, what you have deemed "improper" use of the language is actually acceptable?

Here's a fun little collection of (9!!!!!) posts from you in this thread that appear to contradict your dismissal in the above quote:

Post 71:

Post 91:

Post 117:

Post 137:

Post 138:

Post 159 (are you not college educated, or were you raised in the slums? Do you know how to speak English?):

Post 161 (man, you spend a lot of time calling those that purposefully misuse the language ignorant and unacceptable):

Wow! Was that a waste of time! I haven't a clue as to what you were tring to say..........I'm reasonably sure you didn't either. I'll say again, one can make all the mistakes he wants as long as he's not intentionally doing it, and still be OK with me. Ignorance is not stupidity but remaining ignorant on purpose is stupidity.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You said "I have been pretty consistent that it's because of his generation". and I said "You have". I agreed with you.

Ahh, I thought you were referencing where I denied tying it to ethnicity. I guess you could have made it more clear.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here you go.....

See, I said I was sorry to hear about your wife and son. You called yourself a "half ass fan" earlier and I only agreed with you. No way I was comparing a 49er game to your family's health...........but then, you knew that.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Post 71:

Post 91:

Post 117:

Post 137:

Post 138:

:10: :laugh3:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh, I thought you were referencing where I denied tying it to ethnicity. I guess you could have made it more clear.

Agreed.