• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Cares About The Hat Kaepernick Wears

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet at one point "ain't" was proper English.

You, I'm assuming, are somewhat a contemporary of Young and Montana, so the slang they used is what you had grown up with and it didn't seem so out of place.

Now your a stodgy old curmudgeon who hates everything that isn't "prim and proper." Or at least, was considered acceptable 25 years ago.

I hate to beat a dead horse, but it's "you're". I just hate purposeful ignorance and it is acceptable because of his ethnicity? C'mon now, that's the coward's way out.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're telling me that you're pronunciation of all words is the same as it was in 14th century England (or earlier)?

I'm going to doubt that.

Now there is where you should have used "your".

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, this is what kills me! He continues to question someones knowledge but yet continues to use words out of context.

I don't see how someone who is so educated, can call improper behavior an ignorant issue instead of an etiquette issue.

TT, in order to do something "PURPOSELY" incorrect, you have to have KNOWLEDGE on how to do it correctly, which does not equate to ignorance. you are out to prove how dumb he sounds but yet seem to be doing a good job at painting yourself with that brush.

Kaepernick is college educated and was raised in a white upper middle class class family. he has KNOWLEDGE of how to speak correctly.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to divert this thread away from its original topic-- namely what a racist curmudgeon TT is, but Mike Sando was on the radio here today and said that he thought Kaepernick thoroughly enjoys people having mistaken impressions about him, from people inferring he's a thug from the tattoos, to thinking he's a running qb first and foremost, that he does't study film, etc., this Dolphin cap thing is just one more example -- he's thoroughly devoted to the 49ers, he prepares so hard Harbaugh had to tell him to take it easy -- but he enjoys proving people wrong.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to divert this thread away from its original topic-- namely what a racist curmudgeon TT is, but Mike Sando was on the radio here today and said that he thought Kaepernick thoroughly enjoys people having mistaken impressions about him, from people inferring he's a thug from the tattoos, to thinking he's a running qb first and foremost, that he does't study film, etc., this Dolphin cap thing is just one more example -- he's thoroughly devoted to the 49ers, he prepares so hard Harbaugh had to tell him to take it easy -- but he enjoys proving people wrong.

Fuck off Yosarian.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a joke TT, and not entirely against you, my feelings are hurt now -- my sense of humor (humour?) isn't really that hard to figure out, is it?

Sorry. My bad.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I hate to beat a dead horse, but it's "you're". I just hate purposeful ignorance and it is acceptable because of his ethnicity? C'mon now, that's the coward's way out.

I thought it wasn't a problem if someone made such a mistake? Apparently that only applies to you. And yes, to answer your earlier question, I believe I did know the difference between "its" and "it's" in the second grade.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it wasn't a problem if someone made such a mistake? Apparently that only applies to you. And yes, to answer your earlier question, I believe I did know the difference between "its" and "it's" in the second grade.

Just giving him a hard time. IMAC doesn't mind, he loves the argument. As for already knowing the difference between it's and its in the second grade, kudos; you were way ahead of me. I was just learning how to wipe my ass properly.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

You're right. My bad. I'm usually really anal about that. I wonder why when I quote your post "c'mon" has a red line under it.

At no point have I stated, or implied, that his language is acceptable because of his ethnicity. I have been pretty consistent that it's because of his generation.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Now there is where you should have used "your".

Yeah, that one started out as "you're pronouncing all words. . . " then I went back and changed it to ". . . pronunciation of all words. . ." and didn't change you're to your. I didn't trace the sentence far enough back.

But since you clearly read the post, is your pronunciation (and spelling) of all words the same as it was 700+ years ago? That would be fascinating since they used to characters that we don't use today.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Kaepernick is college educated and was raised in a white upper middle class class family. he has KNOWLEDGE of how to speak correctly.

I'm confused. Four minutes before you posted the above, you posted

Over a four minute span you went from suggesting his ethnicity is no reason for his "poor language" to saying he should know better because of the ethnicity of his adoptive parents?

Seriously?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sorry. My bad.

"Sorry" is not a complete sentence. I believe you mean "I am sorry." I don't care if "sorry" is acceptable in the modern world, it is not a complete sentence and a sign of ignorance that you would abuse the English language like this.

For that matter, "My bad" is not a complete sentence either. It lacks both a subject and a verb.

You should be embarrassed.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. My bad. I'm usually really anal about that. I wonder why when I quote your post "c'mon" has a red line under it.

At no point have I stated, or implied, that his language is acceptable because of his ethnicity. I have been pretty consistent that it's because of his generation.

You have. I was just whining to you about what some others have said, not directing it at you.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused. Four minutes before you posted the above, you posted

Over a four minute span you went from suggesting his ethnicity is no reason for his "poor language" to saying he should know better because of the ethnicity of his adoptive parents?Seriously?

It explains why his ethnicity cannot be used as an excuse like many will try to do. They say "Oh, he grew up in a culture where that was the norm". That excuse cannot be used here.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Toby Tyler aka Steve Dave like this all the time on here? If so its annoying as fuck.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imac_21;3232226[B said:
]"Sorry" is not a complete sentence[/B]. I believe you mean "I am sorry." I don't care if "sorry" is acceptable in the modern world, it is not a complete sentence and a sign of ignorance that you would abuse the English language like this.

For that matter, "My bad" is not a complete sentence either. It lacks both a subject and a verb.

You should be embarrassed.

You don't honestly think a person has to use a complete sentence in order to communicate properly, do you? I thought not. You probably posted that while in "attack" mode before you had a chnace to think. I'll excuse this particular gaffe on your part.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you add a poll to this OP question? I'd like to vote.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this annoys you, stay away from the game threads......especially in close games.

He gets worse than this? lol I came over from ESPN hoping to talk more 49ers and less about proper grammar. Steve Dave actually makes the Hawk trolls look better.