• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Cares About The Hat Kaepernick Wears

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sorry I didn't respond. I figured your "questions" were rhetorical and you already knew the answers to them. I will answer this one you posed though; yes, language should evolve, not devolve as it has with Kaepernick and the rest of the 142 characters or less crowd.

Who says it is "devolving?" Couldn't a strong case be made that written language is becoming more efficient thanks to media like twitter and text messaging? I will preface this by saying I am not a fan of the way language is currently evolving, however, if we are focusing strictly on the written word, shortening the communication could be viewed as progress.

That being said, it isn't as if Kaep's response was "ru 4reelz?gtfo my bizz haterzz. U dnt lyk wut i do, 2 bad!!!!!"

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who says it is "devolving?" Couldn't a strong case be made that written language is becoming more efficient thanks to media like twitter and text messaging? I will preface this by saying I am not a fan of the way language is currently evolving, however, if we are focusing strictly on the written word, shortening the communication could be viewed as progress.

That being said, it isn't as if Kaep's response was "ru 4reelz?gtfo my bizz haterzz. U dnt lyk wut i do, 2 bad!!!!!"

No, just the opposite. It has created a world where young people cannot express themselves in person to person conversation or to a group. Being able to express ones self eloquently in writing is a huge advantage in the workplace. I am just appalled at the writing that comes across my desk as official government correspondence. Its gotten so bad that people cannot even write free-hand anymore because everything they do is e-mail or text. I suppose the way we communicate is changing but even a layman like myself can see that it is not for the better.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's a big deal or a deal at all, really. But I will say he can do that because he wants to, not because of fashion. He probably does have other things that match and he doesn't have to wear a hat. The fact that he wanted to wear it is good enough for me. Whether he wanted to do it for fashion or whether it was fashionable is not relevant. If it had a curse word or slur on it, fashion would not be relevant, either. So if it's inherently okay or not okay to wear it, fashion doesn't matter. Team loyalty is important enough to me that I wouldn't wear it, but not important enough for me to question him.

Having said that, people can overreact because that's their right and choice and their opinion is fine. We don't need to calm down!!! Just kidding.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I didn't respond. I figured your "questions" were rhetorical and you already knew the answers to them. I will answer this one you posed though; yes, language should evolve, not devolve as it has with Kaepernick and the rest of the 142 characters or less crowd.
140, but who's counting?

Well, he did say, "or less." ;) Ironically for someone lamenting today's education of society, "fewer" is correct grammar.

SoPortland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was trying to match his hat with his boxer briefs.

lrn2style guys.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I thought you said you were an English teacher? How about forgetting to use the word "Is" at the beginning of the first sentence and ending the sentence with the preposition "at"? No self respecting English teacher would let that go; that's like fingernails on the chalkboard. He then omits the word "to" after the bastardization of the word "going". C'mon man!

Yeah, because texting and twitter are the times to practice flawless grammar and spelling. And the failure to do so call into question one's integrity and character. You're a tool.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No, just the opposite. It has created a world where young people cannot express themselves in person to person conversation or to a group. Being able to express ones self eloquently in writing is a huge advantage in the workplace. I am just appalled at the writing that comes across my desk as official government correspondence. Its gotten so bad that people cannot even write free-hand anymore because everything they do is e-mail or text. I suppose the way we communicate is changing but even a layman like myself can see that it is not for the better.

I think you mean "one's self" or "oneself." And "it's." You must disgust yourself.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

How many youths have you had conversations with recently? When you hear Kaep give interviews, are you dumbfounded at the way he speaks?

Would those from the 1800s approve of the way people communicated in written form in the 1960s and 70s? Introducing the perceived inability of today's youth to communicate in person is deviating from the point anyway. What does that have to do with how Kaepernick comes across?

The fact that you (and the rest of us to my knowledge) renders your (and our) opinion on whether this evolution is for the better or not invalid. You don't like it. Leave it at that.

I wonder how you would do in deciphering a court stenographer's shorthand, or a reporter or detective. Am I to believe that these people, who have their own form of written communication that they and their peers can understand incapable of writing properly?

Do you feel that in whatever you do as a government official you witness a fair cross-section of American youth, or is your job more prone to draw a certain "type" of person?

Is it possible that you've become the stodgy old geezer that just wants these damn kids to turn their music down and stay off your lawn?

hires_custom-9407414d6e47cacf19d48fe0f70e9c5a14fc8376-s3.jpg

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you mean "one's self" or "oneself." And "it's." You must disgust yourself.

He has to be appalled with himself, especially by all the words and phrases that he uses out of context

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers and Celtics r a huge rival in the NBA and u can see Rondo here wearing a Lakers hat. I still dont see a problem with it.

rondo576lakers.jpg

It isn't a problem. People are creating context that isn't there.

My sister got pissed that Kaep wore a Brewers hat but I couldn't care less. I mean it was pretty cool and classy that Alex wore his SF Giants hat during interviews and the Bay Area teams showing support to each other definitely appeals to the fans but sometimes a hat is just an article of clothing, nothing more.

Exactly - it's just an article of clothing. Rondo wore that gear, but everyone who follows the Lakeshow knows that Rondo is Celtico puro.

Mike Richards of the LA Kings wore a SF Giants hat during an interview, and everyone knows about the LA/SF rivalry in baseball.

This interview was pretty funny, especially from Jaworski, but that man has always had a problem with the 49ers especially since the 5th superbowl run.

Colin Kaepernick answers critics with San Francisco 49ers cap - ESPN

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Exactly - it's just an article of clothing. Rondo wore that gear, but everyone who follows the Lakeshow knows that Rondo is Celtico puro.

Mike Richards of the LA Kings wore a SF Giants hat during an interview, and everyone knows about the LA/SF rivalry in baseball.

[/url]

1)

Thats from a commericial. It isn't "real"

2) The biggest issue people have is that its the same sport and same league hat that Kap wore. Not different sports like Kings and Giants example.

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, because texting and twitter are the times to practice flawless grammar and spelling. And the failure to do so call into question one's integrity and character. You're a tool.

And you're a pompous blowhard, so what else is new.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many youths have you had conversations with recently? When you hear Kaep give interviews, are you dumbfounded at the way he speaks?

Would those from the 1800s approve of the way people communicated in written form in the 1960s and 70s? Introducing the perceived inability of today's youth to communicate in person is deviating from the point anyway. What does that have to do with how Kaepernick comes across?

The fact that you (and the rest of us to my knowledge) renders your (and our) opinion on whether this evolution is for the better or not invalid. You don't like it. Leave it at that.

I wonder how you would do in deciphering a court stenographer's shorthand, or a reporter or detective. Am I to believe that these people, who have their own form of written communication that they and their peers can understand incapable of writing properly?

Do you feel that in whatever you do as a government official you witness a fair cross-section of American youth, or is your job more prone to draw a certain "type" of person?

Is it possible that you've become the stodgy old geezer that just wants these damn kids to turn their music down and stay off your lawn?
hires_custom-9407414d6e47cacf19d48fe0f70e9c5a14fc8376-s3.jpg

Its quite possible. I've become less and less tolerant of nonsense in my old age.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have no problem with people making mistakes when they are trying to communicate properly. It's idiots like Kaepernick who purposely sound ignorant because they are under the mistaken impression that it's cool to be dumb.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick's latest:

"It's just swag it ain't never hurt nobody! #GoldenStateofMind http://instagram.com/p/bhle2ztBC0/"

I don't care if he is young, I can't imagine Montana or Young talking like that at that age. It is purposely trying to sound ignorant and it is offensive to me. Where is the professionalism?

Micahsgrrl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh not tattoos and slang! String him up! For crying out loud! We have a player home brained a teammate, and a hat is was gots errbody riled up? Phaw, ridiculous.

Micahsgrrl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with people making mistakes when they are trying to communicate properly. It's idiots like Kaepernick who purposely sound ignorant because they are under the mistaken impression that it's cool to be dumb.

I think you're mad because he's brown. Or just doesn't act white enough.